Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its too early to tell with Georgiyev or Nell, the season just started and with goalies its all about how they stop the puck, the SV% really does matter. I'd lean towards no for both being viable NHL options eventually, but I still can't say I have much confidence in that assessment. This is the first full season for both in the AHL. Liiga isn't a particularly high level and the NCAA's aren't either, its hard to tell that much about either until they play in a proper feeder league for the NHL, whether thats AHL, SHL, KHL. Look at how Kovacs and Stromwall did in Allsvenskan.

Show me a .915, and then I'll start to take either of them seriously as real NHL possibilities.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
He should be head and shoulders above most there, so it will be ok if he joins late.

Not saying that it’s an absolute rule, but I’ve seen many kids struggle to go back to ‘dominating’ against kids after turning pro. Turning pro is often a very tough challenge, around the clock. New life, everything is new. Then it’s back to a different game and everyone expects you to dominate from day 1. 6-7 games in like 10 days. Some of them against much better opponents on top of that. William Nylander got a concussion of a dumb play 30 minutes in. Nik Bergfors was released to a WJC on home ice in Sweden and was supposed to be a big star — was 0+2 in 7 games despite being a PPG the year before.

After Lias summer, maybe it’s a knee jerk in the other direction. But I really think you need to do your due diligence on any decision to release him. Playing in the AHL alone is a tremendous challenge for him. It’s great that we played him only 2/3 of the games. We don’t want to jerk him from the AHL, squez in 7 games in 10 days in he WJC where he plays 20+ minutes for a struggling team, have him come back worn out lacking confidence finishing the AHL season with 10 pts in 40 games or whatever.

With that said, I do think it’s a big advantage that it’s in NA as opposed to in Europe. But I much rather be overprotecting of these kids than gambling. It’s a huuuuge difference between being 17-18 in this regard than 20-22. An 18 y/o doing well is at the stage of a 35 y/o mentally but when the same kid struggles he drops to 10.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I understand where you're coming from with the cautious approach. It also happened before that players who already learned to play "grown-up" game will struggle to go back to junior style.
On the other hand a freak accident and an injury could happen anywhere. Also an opportunity to represent your country doesn't happen too often and this is something that he will treasure and remember his whole life. If I was a betting man I'd say the FO will think that positives outweigh negatives and allow Chytil to participate.

Reactions: Ola

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I understand where you're coming from with the cautious approach. It also happened before that players who already learned to play "grown-up" game will struggle to go back to junior style.
On the other hand a freak accident and an injury could happen anywhere. Also an opportunity to represent your country doesn't happen too often and this is something that he will treasure and remember his whole life. If I was a betting man I'd say the FO will think that positives outweigh negatives and allow Chytil to participate.

Maybe its the good move. OTOH we could always release him next year instead. The 2019 WJC is played in Vancouver. Actually think that would be a safer option.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Maybe its the good move. OTOH we could always release him next year instead. The 2019 WJC is played in Vancouver. Actually think that would be a safer option.

We are not releasing our 3C next season to play with kids.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
he's going to be way to tired to fly to Vancouver so forget that. no way the kid can stay awake for that trip and play hockey at a high level

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
he's going to be way to tired to fly to Vancouver so forget that. no way the kid can stay awake for that trip and play hockey at a high level

People where saying the same thing about Lias Andersson, we all know how that worked out...

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Both Georgiev and Nell had rough starts but both have improved after those bad starts, i think they'll keep improving.
Worth noting that Hartford was a mess defensively to start the season aswell by all accounts.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
But isn’t it a wonderful experience?? ;)

I can see both Nash & Hayes gone end of the year based on ELC reasons. We need to resign Miller, Grabner, and Zucc.

So lines next year could be Miller - Lias - Zucc and it depends on Grabner UFA year end of this season - I`ve notion they will keep Grabner for pk speciality and speed if the contract is not too expensive, and he has some good finishing skills too.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Pretty much another proof that Brooks follows discussions around here.

Otherwise it is pretty random to talk about Chytil and WJC. How about handicapping other Rangers prospects participation?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Need to put some words like "to play in WJC" after "released" because otherwise that is a scary statement with a different meaning.

It`s fine - it sounds like a journalism with big headlines and little content. :)

Anyway this is off topic, but I read something that norwegian banks are worried about trading.

Only EuropeFXhas Tradeworks Automation Software to run your trades automatically concerning stock market. Do guys trust automation software to take decision about your fund or money - instead of a bank broker with years of experience who can make mistake? :)
If it`s human we do mistakes, but anyone read this and might be worried about our financial future to just apply a software and cross fingers from the internet at home and see your stock value grows so to speak.

I`m just curious if any here have read the article or maybe experience with the stock market and base an opinion about an automatic software running your finances.

Banks Are Worried Norwegians Know About This - The Strategy Insider

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Sorry guys, I understand the confusion. My bad!

Ori that is computer generated lol, I get the same but with Swedish instead of Norwegian banks being worried.

The idea is great, but I think it’s pretty basic AND if I was to use a robot service I would use a bigger bank’s, like Nordnet/Avanza.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Pack down 5-3 right now about 13 minutes left in the third. Cracknell with two goals on the night. Fogarty with one goal.

Chytil with 1 SOG and a +2 on the night. ADA and Tambo both have 2 SOG and a -1.

Gropp doubled his point total with an assist tonight. No SOG. Really not sure how he's not shooting a lot. That's his bread and butter. Kovacs had the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad