Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I'd say two things in my 1 period of watching him play AHL hockey. He can certainly handle the level of hockey in the AHL at this time. We'll see if he wears down or struggles as the grind sets in, but he doesn't look overmatched or anything.

He does look kind of raw in terms of positioning I think. That's all coaching and getting accustomed to things though, and isn't really unexpected for a guy like him. Just looks like he's learning details basically, which again isn't surprising.

His linemates certainly help as well, playing with some skilled (for the AHL) vets. On the downside he's playing on a line with Puempel who wears number 73 and Chytil wears 72 and AHL games are recorded on a potato so I always have to look close to see who's who

Reactions: SkinneeJ and Revel

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah, McCambridge said in a recent interview that Chytil still has adjusting to do.

But that will come with time as he adjusts to the NA pro game.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Yeah, McCambridge said in a recent interview that Chytil still has adjusting to do.

But that will come with time as he adjusts to the NA pro game.

McCambridge also implied that the sky's the limit, though. I didn't see the interview, but Crawford was taking about McCambridge's opinion on Chytil before the game started. He's appears high on him.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
@Levitate Any updates on how people look after the 2nd? It's hard for me to tell via radio. :P It does sound like Taylor is having a big game vs. us, which is annoying AF.

I'm assuming you bought tonight's game.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Game Report. Chytil led the team in SOG with 5:

Capture.PNG

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
@Levitate Any updates on how people look after the 2nd? It's hard for me to tell via radio. :P It does sound like Taylor is having a big game vs. us, which is annoying AF.

I'm assuming you bought tonight's game.

Sorry, something came up and I didn't see the rest of the game after some point in the 2nd

Generally I'd say the same stuff about Chytil, though seems like he might be having his icetime limited a bit? Breaking him into the AHL perhaps

Graves looks like he's trying to be a leader on defense, saw him a lot jumping into the play or making things happen. Didn't see a lot of Gropp, Nieves popped up here and there with some nice plays

Reactions: Revel

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Pedrie had 4 shots? That's interesting to see.
I think that's pretty much his game. He was quoted saying "You can't score if you don't hoot" or something like that when we signed him.

BTW...this was his first game of the season. Just came back from injury.

Also...Vinnie Lettieri or however you spell it is now injured. Don't know what's wrong.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Georgiev is playing tonight. Pack up 1-0 on a Kosmachuk goal (Tambo assisted).

Lettieri is playing, so not injured :P

It is a 3-in-3 so rotating forwards is not out of the ordinary.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lettieri scores on the PP making 2-0

2-2 on the PP tonight so far.

Pens make it 2-1 shortly after.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Georgiev is playing tonight. Pack up 1-0 on a Kosmachuk goal (Tambo assisted).

Lettieri is playing, so not injured :P

It is a 3-in-3 so rotating forwards is not out of the ordinary.

He was injured last game. He did not play and Crawford said on the broadcast that he was injured.

Glad to here it was short term. :)

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
OK, McCambridge just discussed Chytil. He took a shot off the foot last game and will miss today's game. They sound hopeful that he'll be back very soon.

Also, Nell starting today. Georgiev was great last night (41 shots faced), but they want to rest him because of the night/day back-to-back and the amount of work he had to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad