Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Undrafted Scott Eansor (one of Gropp's Seattle teammates), never got drafted. He made Bridgeport's team and has 7 goals in his first 5+ AHL games (including the first goal today). That is sick.

We're losing 2-0 already.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Undrafted Scott Eansor (one of Gropp's Seattle teammates), never got drafted. He made Bridgeport's team and has 7 goals in his first 5+ AHL games (including the first goal today). That is sick.

That's crazy since he was never a huge offensive talent in Seattle. PPG player, but not blow the tires off you amazing. Alex True has 4 points in 5 games for the Barracuda. He's someone I thought we'd bring in to play with Gropp

Reactions: Revel

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Eansor always intrigued me as a T-birds fan. I was surprised he was signed after not being drafted. I am happy he's doing so well

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
7 games in, Tambellini is tied for 4th in the league with 23 SOG.

Lettieri has 22 SOG in 6 games, which is tied for 9th.

Among just rookies, Lettieri is 2nd, only behind Spring who has 29 (also in 6GP)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hartford now has 8 D

Gilmour
Pionk
Graves
ADA
Bereglazov
Pedrie
Crawley
Sproul

There is no way they're carrying 8 for long. Short-term, probably. But more than a week, I would think not.

Graves, Pionk, ADA, Sproul, and Pedrie all seem like safe bets to stay. Gilmour has been bad, so he might be sent to Greenville. Bereglazov...unknown if he's staying or going back to Russia. Crawley can be sent to London, but I have a gut feeling he's staying.

Or...a trade happens. Graves?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
https://www.nhl.com/news/american-hockey-league-notebook-october-25/c-292230706

Chris Nell, Hartford (New York Rangers)
The 23-year-old Nell (6-1, 190) is part of a somewhat unorthodox goaltending arrangement in Hartford. Alexandar Georgiyev is the other goalie and each is a rookie in the AHL. Led by Rangers assistant general manager Chris Drury, the organization undertook an extensive roster overhaul for its AHL affiliate after Hartford finished last in the AHL last season. The team has nine rookie skaters in its regular lineup. Georgiyev has struggled in the adjustment to North American hockey, meaning further pressure is falling on Nell.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It's kind of weird for the author of that article to say Georgiev has struggled to adjust, isn't it? He had a rought first start allowing 5 goals on 24 shots, but then bounced back to stop 41 of 43. So he's had two starts, one poor and one great. Kind of an odd statement.

It's what happens when your research for an article consists of going on HockeyDB.com and looking at stats.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I still don't see it with Tambo. He's not consistently involved to the degree that he needs to be to make it.

He's always been a prospect who shows you glimpses of what could be - solid frame, decent shot, good wheels. And yet, the sum of his parts always leaves you wanting a bit more.

Right now he looks like a tweener. A guy who can get the occasional call-up to the NHL as a fill-in, but be a somewhat productive vet presence (in the future) at the AHL level.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I've never been that high on Tambellini but in his two preseason games he looked like a different player. Much more involved in the play than I've seen him before. He impressed me a lot more than Ryan Gropp. Anyway he is off to a pretty good start in Hartford and I'm keeping an eye on him now.
It's funny you should mention Gropp, because I think Tambo is kind of a worst-case for Gropp. I mean I'll give it to Gropp, he's more willing to get involved and go to the net, but they're both guys that play a game where they look for space to get off a shot, and that's basically it. If they can't find space (which as Tambo has learned and Gropp is learning, is much more difficult to do as a pro than in the WHL) then they're effectively neutralized, as neither guy plays a possession game or will really drive the play on his own.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Neither Ryan Gropp nor Ryan Graves have jumped out at me this year.
Graves has never jumped out at me. I really want him to make it, but I just don't see any standout abilities other than his shot (which even then is kinda slow) to make me think he becomes more than a #6/#7. I've been killed over the years for being so down on him, but it's just what I see. I was saying the same stuff even when he was killing in with Quebec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad