GDT: Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks GDT 3/18/13

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
BTW, nobody change their avatars right now. Don't touch a freaking thing! Nobody breathe! Nobody move! Or we might upset the Hockey Gods.

Oh snap!!! Just realized they finally won 3 in a row!!! Those maniacs!

Well you know me, I haven't changed mines in 5 years since I joined you guys. B)

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
After seeing that Brodin goal it got me thinking. What if Brodin is even better playing on the left side? With the defence we have now I don't want to break that pairing up, but could anyone see this as a possibly in the future?

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I was impressed by how well Backs did tonight. Way better than I would have guessed, to kudos to Yeo on calling that.

Decent game, because we won and all. Don't stop this paaartaaayy!

Second was rough, but they did pull through. It was nice seeing a team that did not give up, and did find a way to bring it.

PMB looked freakin great. His offense has truly helped us win these last few games.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Crazy how things are slowly coming together, yet it doesn't include Granlund.

I know it. It almost seems like things started to come together when he was sent down, too. :/ I know that was a coincidence though.

I don't know what precisely Yeo is doing but I just want him to keep doing it. lol He was dead on about Backs, too.

I honestly say we sign Cullen NOW. He might possibly be our very best forward right now. He has been incredible both offensively and defensively. I honestly think he's our MVP on offense.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Crazy how things are slowly coming together, yet it doesn't include Granlund.

**YET**

He still is this teams #1 prospect. Once he is fully accustomed to the style game he has to play as opposed to what he has played his whole life in Europe.. Watch out. Russo is the most realistic, most honest writer in the league IMO and even he agrees that Granlund will be a really special player. It just takes time. I'm glad he's getting minutes in down in Houston..

Anyway, GREAT effort tonight. That's a hard building to play in and there was a lot of pressure tonight. Huge game. These are the types of games elite teams win. Wild have to continue to win them to reach that level. Detroit game on Thursday is the same thing. Hopefully we see more of a complete game execution wise with the same amount of heart that we saw tonight. Awesomeness. DON'T STOP THE PARTY!!!!

Billy Mays Here*

After seeing that Brodin goal it got me thinking. What if Brodin is even better playing on the left side? With the defence we have now I don't want to break that pairing up, but could anyone see this as a possibly in the future?

I've mulled over that thought many a time. Only two ways I see that pairing being broken up. Sign/trade for a big name RH d-man like Bogosian or Boyle to knock Brodin down to the 2nd pairing with Gilbert OR Dumba progresses even better than we expected and plays alongside Suter, again, knocking down Brodin to the 2nd pairing.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I've mulled over that thought many a time. Only two ways I see that pairing being broken up. Sign/trade for a big name RH d-man like Bogosian or Boyle to knock Brodin down to the 2nd pairing with Gilbert OR Dumba progresses even better than we expected and plays alongside Suter, again, knocking down Brodin to the 2nd pairing.
Not possible. Not in a million years. Brodin is one of those rare exceptions that we won't see again for many years. Kids don't come in and play the way Brodin is playing.

Can't knock down bacon.

Billy Mays Here*

I figure we need to play .500 hockey the rest of the season to make the playoffs. Say maybe 10-8-2, that's 22 points added on to our current 34 bringing us to 56 points, likely around a 7th seed team. I said at the beginning of the year that I think this team needs to get 55 points to get into the playoffs, and we're certainly on track to getting that and then some.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I figure we need to play .500 hockey the rest of the season to make the playoffs. Say maybe 10-8-2, that's 22 points added on to our current 34 bringing us to 56 points, likely around a 7th seed team. I said at the beginning of the year that I think this team needs to get 55 points to get into the playoffs, and we're certainly on track to getting that and then some.
Only in a lockout year can 55 points get ya into the playoffs. :laugh:

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Canuck board sounds like there's going to be mass suicides later tonight:laugh:

Candy to my ears.

If they weren't so smug about everything I would actually feel bad for them...

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

If we can hit that 3-6 spot I think we might stand some chance of at least making it to the second round. No way in hell would we be better off facing the Ducks or Hawks in the first round though...

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If we can hit that 3-6 spot I think we might stand some chance of at least making it to the second round. No way in hell would we be better off facing the Ducks or Hawks in the first round though...
Yep. Tired of facing the Ducks in the playoffs, and this year wouldn't end any better than the first two. In order to have a shot of at least getting past the first round, we need to avoid them in the first.

But we gotta make the playoffs first, so....

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Why wasn't Bäckström 1st star of the game? Sorry Suter, but Bäckström was fantastic and should've gotten it.

Anybody have ideas on what should be done when Rupp gets back? Keep PMB on the 2nd line and put Zucker somewhere else (that is not the press box or the 4th line)? Put PMB on the 1st line, let Zucker back on the 2nd, send Coyle to Houston and call up someone who can rotate on the 4th line if needed?

OpRedDawn*

check out backstrom's post game interview....

:yo:

DONT STOP THE PARRRRTAY

Persian Wild

Persia 4 Parise
Jul 4, 2011
Germany (Cologne)
I Know I'm late, but I just woke up! :D ----->
JohnnyDramaVictory.jpg

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I dont think we want to touch the offensive lines now. Only changes I can see made are in the last 2 defensive pairs. Also hoping for Hackett start @ fake hockeytown.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not possible. Not in a million years. Brodin is one of those rare exceptions that we won't see again for many years. Kids don't come in and play the way Brodin is playing.

Can't knock down bacon.

If they were split up, that doesn't mean he wouldn't be our #2 defenseman. Could just be a chemistry pairing to get most out of everyone. He would still likely be #2 in minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad