86.4PK%81.0
28.4S/G29.0
27.5SA/G28.2
52.8FO%47.8​

DateVis/HomeFinal
10 Mar 2013 VAN@MIN MIN, 4 - 2
12 Feb 2013 MIN@VAN VAN, 2 - 1
7 Feb 2013 VAN@MIN VAN, 4 - 1

While the Minnesota Wild got the best of the Vancouver Canucks last weekend, a repeat performance could be difficult at Rogers Arena.

Sitting in a tie atop the Northwest Division, Minnesota tries to avoid a 12th consecutive loss at Vancouver as these teams conclude their season series Monday night.

The Wild (15-10-2) had been outscored 6-2 during a pair of regulation losses to the Canucks (13-8-6) before last Sunday's 4-2 home win. Zach Parise scored twice and added an assist while Niklas Backstrom made 25 saves to snap a personal 0-6-1 skid versus Vancouver.

"Our guys were ready for this one, for sure," coach Mike Yeo said afterward. "We feel like we're a team that's on the up and going in the right direction, and we were looking forward to this chance."

Minnesota can't be feeling good about its chances of evening the series given its recent efforts in Vancouver. Since earning a 4-3 overtime win there Jan. 31, 2009, the Wild have been outscored 40-15 during an 0-9-2 skid. Roberto Luongo has started nine times, posting a 1.33 goals-against average and three shutouts.

"Whether it's a coincidence or what, I'll take it," Luongo said of that success. "They're divisional games so they're important. We have a pretty good streak against them."

The Wild, however, are seeking a season-best third consecutive victory after scoring 11 goals to sweep a home-and-home set from Colorado.

Devin Setoguchi tallied two goals and an assist in Saturday's 6-4 road win while Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Ryan Suter recorded one of each. Suter has 14 points over his last 10 games.

"Right now our offense is a result of what we're doing in our own end," Setoguchi, who's scored in three straight contests, told the league's official website. "We're doing a good job there and we're using our speed to take pucks to the net. When we do that, we've got such a big, strong team that can skate, it's tough to defend."

In winning nine of 13, the Wild have averaged 3.0 goals - up from 2.0 in their first 14 contests - and have killed 31 of 34 penalties.

"It has been fun," said Danny Heatley, who notched his 399th and 400th career assists Saturday. "We have four lines that are playing well, our 'D' is playing well. ... Now we have to keep it going. Vancouver is real good in their building and it's going to be a real big one for us."

The Canucks had posted back-to-back wins over Columbus and Nashville before falling 5-2 to Detroit on Saturday. Vancouver went 0 for 6 on the man advantage and dropped to 3-5-2 since Feb. 24.

"We're facing some adversity, but we've got 20 guys in there that can do the job and no one's going to do it for us," said Alexandre Burrows, who scored both goals. "We know what we're made of, we know what we can do and we just have to keep putting those work boots on."

Luongo, who stopped 21 shots, has a 4.14 GAA in his last five starts. Cory Schneider is 0-1-2 with a 2.57 GAA in his last three.

David Booth is unlikely to be available after suffering a leg injury Saturday. The left wing was seen leaving the arena on crutches with his left foot in a walking boot.

"He was starting to play for us, bringing a lot of energy and some grit for us," Burrows said of Booth, who missed the first 14 games with a groin injury. "It's tough to see him go down."

small.png

Projected Lineup:
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Bouchard-Cullen-Setoguchi
Heatley-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Zucker-Konopka-Mitchell
*Rupp

Suter-Brodin
Stoner-Spurgeon
Falk-Prosser
*Gilbert

Backstrom
Hackett

small14.png

Projected Lineup:
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Ebbett-Hansen
Higgins-Shroeder-Weise
Pinzzatto-Lapierre-Sestito

Edler-Tanev
Garisson-Hamhuis
Ballard-Bieksa
Alberts/Barker*

Luon8o
Schneider

Last edited:

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Finally, for the first (and probably last) time, a game at 10 PM ET is awesome for me considering I finish working at 10 PM.

I should only miss the first 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
So it's 4am start in Finland. 5am would have been better, but I can make this work. I'll just come to work 6.30 or something.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Ugh, a 9 pm start when I happen to have a somewhat normal sleep schedule.

Oh **** its 1:30, I need to get to bed.

Well damn, there goes my sleep schedule..

Billy Mays Here*

Game in a building we can't win in to save our lives? Don't think we win this one, even with the fact that Vancouver has been playing like crap lately.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I love the late starts. It gives me something to do when I inevitably stay up super later. I seriously don't think I go to bed before 2am more than twice a week.

Billy Mays Here*

Canuck fans already going with the "boring Wild" theme. Ironic considering their team makes me want to stab my eyes out if not for the Sedins.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Come on dammit!!! Let's break this stupid losing record there!!!

We're taking our party into Vancouver, and we're going to stomp all over theirs:D

Or I'll be very sad...

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Canuck fans already going with the "boring Wild" theme. Ironic considering their team makes me want to stab my eyes out if not for the Sedins.
I think they do this out of habit now. We could average 6 goals a game and Canucks and Oiler fans would still come up with some reason why we were boring. We were "boring" last game because we ran their team out of the rink.

It's not like they get a one goal lead and go into a shell for the rest of the game like they did under Lemaire, but whatever.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Need a fond farewell to the division matchups with Vancouver! Lets take this one as our first real grip on the final North West Division title!

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
Please start Hackett. Please please please.
I don't think we win this one. 3 game win streaks are out of the question for us.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
I'm not feeling it. I think we crap the bed tonight, as we always do in Vanny.

5-2 bad guys, with a mandatory goal that bounces off something stationary (like Stoner)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad