Minnesota Wild General Discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If that's the case I don't see why a change of scenery wouldn't have him jumping like we're seeing in donato. He just seems apathetic in his game wherever he plays. JMO

True. But some players handle trades better than others. When Staal was traded to the Rangers he also played like crap the rest of the way. He obviously turned it around once he got here.

Just trying my best to remain optimistic and hope that he can contribute.

Reactions: nstarjim

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rask has done nothing for us to this point and has had a putrid season....but does that mean he isn't capable of giving us more next year? He turns 26 soon, so he' still young. He's had a couple of seasons where he was knocking the door on 50 points....shouldn't we at least expect him to produce in the 40 - 50 point range moving forward?
He'll really have to dedicate himself to training this summer for him to even reach 40 pts., i think. The door will certainly be wide open for a competent C.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I might be in the mass minority, but I see us having just as good of a chance at the playoffs as we did before yesterday.
I think this team is gonna surprise people.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I might be in the mass minority, but I see us having just as good of a chance at the playoffs as we did before yesterday.
I think this team is gonna surprise people.

I think we have the same chance at the playoffs independent of our trades because the West is real bad this season.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Depends how the vets left feel about the aftermath. Gotta think Zucker is still in a weird place knowing he was basically gone and certainly will be on draft night. Not sure a playoff push is best after this strip down.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Someone cheaper on an expiring deal.....hopefully.

Of all the goaltenders that have started 38 games or more, Dubnyk ranks 5th in GAA. There are 21 goaltenders that have a higher cap hit than Dubnyk's. $4.3 million is great value for him.

Reactions: The Zarn

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
How many Wild fans are so on the edge that if we lose this game, or any next game, or if Fiala doesn't score, or whatever...it's going to be meltdown central here on HF MN Wild.

Temper your expectations, realize this is a roster with new guys, guys who have never played together, injuries, and holes.

I wouldn't go too far into the deep end if we go 6-13 in the last 19 games. It's basically an injured October in the spring.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
How many Wild fans are so on the edge that if we lose this game, or any next game, or if Fiala doesn't score, or whatever...it's going to be meltdown central here on HF MN Wild.

Temper your expectations, realize this is a roster with new guys, guys who have never played together, injuries, and holes.

I wouldn't go too far into the deep end if we go 6-13 in the last 19 games. It's basically an injured October in the spring.
I'll gladly take a high pick in this draft. Hope Fenton can acquire another 1st rounder at the draft to hopefully get a top center + Cole Caufield.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I'll gladly take a high pick in this draft. Hope Fenton can acquire another 1st rounder at the draft to hopefully get a top center + Cole Caufield.
I agree with you. I think Fenton actually likes that idea. He can't say they are tanking. It's terrible PR and also terrible for the locker room.

I'll be proud of the team if they somehow make the PO's, but IMO, the best action is to get a top 10 pick.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP

I just hope Bruce continues his philosophy of "just go play." That's it. Make sure they're out there having fun and playing loose. We're playing with house money at this point. No expectations here. I just want to see them do their thing and produce. If we sink in the standings -- fine, if we make it to the post season, fine. It's actually a liberating feeling.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018

Honestly it's probably less about going off the deep end and into a meltdown (if we lose say two of the next three and Faila seems mediocre) it is that the product just won't be worth it to watch anymore... At least live for sure.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Of all the goaltenders that have started 38 games or more, Dubnyk ranks 5th in GAA. There are 21 goaltenders that have a higher cap hit than Dubnyk's. $4.3 million is great value for him.

If its true that the skaters on this team had stalled out then what do you suppose they think of Dubnyk? No one on the roster is as “he is what he is” than him. Its like the old football saying, if you need three yards he will get you three yards. If you need five yards he will get you three yards. He has already started to decline this year. Time to at least start thinking about moving him.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Honestly it's probably less about going off the deep end and into a meltdown (if we lose say two of the next three and Faila seems mediocre) it is that the product just won't be worth it to watch anymore... At least live for sure.

Fine with me. I prefer to save a thousand dollars a year and watch them from the comfort of my home. Oh wait, I live in Seattle now, I have no choice. Either way, just change your mind about it. Be intrigued or excited to see what the team can do, regardless of W or L, over the next 19 games.

Reactions: TheeNorthStar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad