Minnesota Wild General Discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Really showing your 'Old Man' status now. I bet back in your day if you were bullied and asked for help it meant you were a ***** and you walked to school up hill both ways. What someone makes has nothing to do if one should or shouldn't show sympathy for another person. The fact that you obviously don't care about someones well being makes me glad I only see you on a message board.
Talk about bullying.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The Athletic conducted an NHL players' poll. Spurgeon came in 4th for "most underrated" in the league.

Some other interesting tidbits:
Crosby got 48% of the vote for best all-around player, compared to just 25% for McDavid.
Most underrated went to Barkov.
Most overrated went to Subban pretty easily, but only at 23%.
For the team with the best fans, Vegas won handily with 26%. I was surprised at that, especially because the visiting team always brings a good chunk of fans along there.
60% wanted the playoff format changed.
99% wanted NHL players in the Olympics. Crazy.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Really showing your 'Old Man' status now. I bet back in your day if you were bullied and asked for help it meant you were a ***** and you walked to school up hill both ways. What someone makes has nothing to do if one should or shouldn't show sympathy for another person. The fact that you obviously don't care about someones well being makes me glad I only see you on a message board.

WTF are you talking about?

Reactions: Nsjohnson and TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Uhh... because he doesn't have sympathy for an under-performing hockey player stressing about the deadline?

I don't have sympathy for him either. It comes with the job. You don't live up to your contract standards, you have no reason to expect the team to want to keep you.

He got that $5m+ because he scored 30 goals. He's not keeping up that same level of play, so it's no surprise that the team wants to get out from under that contract.

He can either get his game back on track, or he'll be playing elsewhere. It's a fact of life in pro sports.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
The Athletic conducted an NHL players' poll. Spurgeon came in 4th for "most underrated" in the league.

Some other interesting tidbits:
Crosby got 48% of the vote for best all-around player, compared to just 25% for McDavid.
Most underrated went to Barkov.
Most overrated went to Subban pretty easily, but only at 23%.
For the team with the best fans, Vegas won handily with 26%. I was surprised at that, especially because the visiting team always brings a good chunk of fans along there.
60% wanted the playoff format changed.
99% wanted NHL players in the Olympics. Crazy.
Players have a pretty good sense of things.

NHL not being in the Olympics is like Penguin Books not wanting to be on Amazon. Yes, ideally they would like to go through their own distribution channels. But it's a huge platform for casual fans.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Elliotte trying to put positives out there for Zucker.
Elliotte Friedman, Author at Sportsnet.ca
Early in my career, the Toronto Raptorstried to trade a player named Victor Alexander, only to have the deal voided because he failed his physical. (One of the reporters carved him in print, and Alexander came looking for him on press row after he returned. That was a good lesson.) Jason Zucker didn’t fail a physical, but knows this weird feeling after his near-trade to Calgary, involving Michael Frolikand what’s believed to be a first- or second-second-round draft pick, fell through.
It’s awkward, but Steve Yzerman was nearly traded to Ottawa and things sure worked out for him. Only Mike Comrie’s refusal to pay back a signing bonus to the Oilers in 2003 prevented Corey Perry’s Anaheim career from ending before it began. Worked out pretty well for him, too. Zucker gets some control over his situation — a partial no-trade — on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad