Minnesota Wild General Discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No, just pointing out a fact, nothing more.

I know, just givin ya heck. :laugh:

But it opens up a question on what happens if the Wild stay healthy and do miss the Playoffs? How long of a grace period does the new GM get?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

But it opens up a question on what happens if the Wild stay healthy and do miss the Playoffs? How long of a grace period does the new GM get?
Depends on how we miss the plain playoffs.

Are we piling up injuries? 4 of our top 6 out for extended time? Hard to place blame.

Just hope for what never happens to a Minnesota team. Win a draft lottery that shouldn't exist.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

personally, if we miss the playoffs or have a 1st round dumpster fire again and i dont see at least 2 top 9 forwards traded before next year ill be quite disappointed. he has wanted to wait and see for now, let the low ball offers fade away and get something good in return but if we just have a shit show and this core fails again, i say keep the vets but trade the youngsters and get some new fresh youth in here since we really cant do anything about the vets yet. Coyle/Nino/Zucker/Granny are the names i expect to step up or get the boot simply because the younger kids can grow still, those 4 have had 5 years now (?) to get their shit together.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
personally, if we miss the playoffs or have a 1st round dumpster fire again and i dont see at least 2 top 9 forwards traded before next year ill be quite disappointed. he has wanted to wait and see for now, let the low ball offers fade away and get something good in return but if we just have a **** show and this core fails again, i say keep the vets but trade the youngsters and get some new fresh youth in here since we really cant do anything about the vets yet. Coyle/Nino/Zucker/Granny are the names i expect to step up or get the boot simply because the younger kids can grow still, those 4 have had 5 years now (?) to get their **** together.

To be fair, Granlund and Zucker have gotten it together. If we're only counting the playoffs, then Granlund still has.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
None of them have been good in the playoffs

Granny is on a whole different level than Zucker in the Playoffs. He hasn't been great, but he still shows up and puts up some semblance of points every postseason.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Granny is on a whole different level than Zucker in the Playoffs. He hasn't been great, but he still shows up and puts up some semblance of points every postseason.
Granlund has been bad, Zucker has been invisible. Nino is the only guy even close to producing respectable numbers for the role he's asked to play.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Granlund has been bad, Zucker has been invisible. Nino is the only guy even close to producing respectable numbers for the role he's asked to play.

Nino has been as invisible as Zucker the last 2 Playoffs.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Big difference between 1g/4a, -1 (Granny); 0g/1a, -7 (Nino); and 1g/0a, -5 (Zucker).
Niderreiter also played half of your sample size on one leg. Again, none of them have been near good enough, but thinking that Granlund has been better than Nino is wrong.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Niderreiter also played half of your sample size on one leg. Again, none of them have been near good enough, but thinking that Granlund has been better than Nino is wrong.

I'm not even sure Nino was on one leg. He was just fine for the Worlds shortly after the Wild were eliminated.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm not even sure Nino was on one leg. He was just fine for the Worlds shortly after the Wild were eliminated.
Yes, the World championships are close to the same as NHL playoffs.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Big difference between trying to bottom out and having it happen due to circumstance. Orchestrating one is an awful thing to do to fans, advertisers and season ticket holders. Having it happen due to circumstance usually involves a fair amount of ineptness and failure. Landing the next McDavid as the consolation would be cool but real unlikely and not worth years of god awful play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad