Confirmed Trade: [MIN/CBJ] Gustav Nyquist (50% retained) for 2023 5th round pick

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They aren't circumventing anything with this move. He's on IR when they got him. Circumventing would be putting someone on IR that isn't injured so you could add more players that you wouldn't otherwise be able to. Nyquist fits in MN cap space either way. No issue

The circumventing would be acquiring him, going on to acquire more players, and then at the very end of the season, keeping him on LTIR until game 1 of the playoffs if he's technically ready before then. Not saying that will happen, but that would be the circumvention.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They aren't circumventing anything with this move. He's on IR when they got him. Circumventing would be putting someone on IR that isn't injured so you could add more players that you wouldn't otherwise be able to. Nyquist fits in MN cap space either way. No issue

Yeah and they wouldn't need to keep him on LTIR if he recovers, which is my point. Every other club would have to keep him on LTIR and that's maybe riskier with the league's announcement.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
8D122B89-DF90-486B-AC08-D696E69EB96F.jpeg

A003CF37-0701-418C-86F8-BE18D7378F37.jpeg

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
All these other GMs out there drunk on trades, making huge power moves. Minnesota just playing at the penny ante games. Rummaging around the clearance bin. :laugh:
im glad he hasnt tossed our 23 1st at anyone. he can tinker with minor things like this to hopefully make a fun run but we all know the wild are nowhere near a cup contender so making the big splash trades is dumb at this point.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I am ok with this too as a Wild fan, cheap price for a guy that could actually bring valuable play to our lineup when healthy. Probably the cheapest depth scoring option available.
Agreed , the Marjo trade is idiotic unless greener is moving out

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
im glad he hasnt tossed our 23 1st at anyone. he can tinker with minor things like this to hopefully make a fun run but we all know the wild are nowhere near a cup contender so making the big splash trades is dumb at this point.

Yeah. It's entirely fair. Especially knowing that the Wild have a significant dead cap crunch looming over the next couple years, that they have to contend with in any potentially major acquisition.

If there was a deal out there for a cost-controlled top-end Center, i'd say that's something worth investigating. But barring that being available (and it doesn't appear to be), minimal tinkering is probably the better bet right now.

It's just funny. Given the climate of trade frenzy going on around the rest of the league right now.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Yeah. It's entirely fair. Especially knowing that the Wild have a significant dead cap crunch looming over the next couple years, that they have to contend with in any potentially major acquisition.

If there was a deal out there for a cost-controlled top-end Center, i'd say that's something worth investigating. But barring that being available (and it doesn't appear to be), minimal tinkering is probably the better bet right now.

It's just funny. Given the climate of trade frenzy going on around the rest of the league right now.
if that was available we would lose out still but yes understandably it is quite comical to see the wild trade for MoJo and my notification previous to it was Kane to the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad