Confirmed Trade: [MIN/CBJ] Gustav Nyquist (50% retained) for 2023 5th round pick

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
"Hey Gary, I'll be your huckleberry"

cut.jpg

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I was talking about LTIR burials until the playoffs, but I guess Minnesota has enough cap space to not do that.

I would be shocked if that wasn't still part of the appeal for Guerin. He can still go after some other guys with Nyquist waiting in the wings for game 1 of the playoffs.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
NHL will likely turn a blind eye to this because it isn't Tampa or Toronto doing this lol
He's been on LTIR for a while now. Provided MIN activates him as soon as he's ready to return, I don't see an issue here.

Had Columbus put him on LTIR only recently or if Minnesota keeps him out after he's cleared to come back, then I would see the Cap Circumvention argument.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would be shocked if that wasn't still part of the appeal for Guerin. He can still go after some other guys with Nyquist waiting in the wings for game 1 of the playoffs.

With the league warning today about cap circumvention and the Wild being the only club that could fit Gus in if he comes off LTIR, it seems to be an interesting coincidence.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
With the league warning today about cap circumvention and the Wild being the only club that could fit Gus in if he comes off LTIR, it seems to be an interesting coincidence.
They aren't circumventing anything with this move. He's on IR when they got him. Circumventing would be putting someone on IR that isn't injured so you could add more players that you wouldn't otherwise be able to. Nyquist fits in MN cap space either way. No issue

Reactions: ElysiumAB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad