Value of: Miller + to EDM for Oilers 2018 1st pick [unconditional]

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I am bullish as is most of our base on JTM, who was drafted 15OA, and for the most part played well while showing real flashes. I think he's had enough of coach AV, who I believe is universally hated at our board.

Miller is part of the solution, not part of the problem.
But we need extra shots at Dahlin in lottery.
Of course, not only is there no guarantee/and percentages of any one pick are low, but Miller released [and possibly + depending on what that is] could pull Oil out of the lottery.

So, what would it take?
Miller + 2020 Ranger 1st
for
Oilers 2018 1st

JT is making only 2.75 expiring w/RFA rights, and EDM having 8m+ in cap should not be a prob this year, w/Fayne expiring. Plays any of 3 F slots.

thoughts?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Pass from Edmonton. If we end up with a chance to get Dahlin in the lottery (which we likely will), we aren't trading it. Maybe after the lottery we consider trading the pick if we don't win, but until then, that pick is going nowhere.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Wtf?

Am I reading this right?

JT Miller plus a 2020 1st for Oilers 1st (Unprotected)?

That is a massively ridiculous offer from a Rangers stand point. We lose a young 50+ point scorer and a 1st rounder for.....well a 1st Rounder

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Wtf?

Am I reading this right?

That is a massively ridiculous offer from a Rangers stand point. We lose a young 50+ point scorer and a 1st rounder for.....well a 1st Rounder
It's the Dahlin insanity many people have. Losing Miller to maybe move up 3 or 4 spots would be nuts. It's not like we're looking at a long playoff run ourselves.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Wtf?

Am I reading this right?

Haha ur crazy its a top 10 pick in a very deep draft with decent chances at Dahlin. Get real.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Huge JT Miller fan, but the Oilers can't afford him long term. The Eberle trade happened because we needed to budget more money towards retaining the defense. With Nurse coming up this summer, that's not changing.

Also, the first is off the table. We need the prospect depth.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
no, Bern. Just no. A 2020 first even though you have both of your 2018 and 2019 firsts? That just screams cheap.

Unconditional? Are you out of your mind?

member 105785

Haha ur crazy its a top 10 pick in a very deep draft with decent chances at Dahlin. Get real.

Rangers should also have a top 10 pick in that draft though.... Edmonton is a whole 2 points behind the Rangers this season and the Rangers don't look to be getting any better

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
No GM is giving up a chance to potentially draft Dahlin.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Chia should trade that pick for help at the deadline. Bolster up that playoff push

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Why does EDM do this? EDM also needs help on the backend and needs ELCs. I could see logically this being done at the draft if NYR wants to move of some places in the draft barring that EDMs pick will be ahead of NYRs and not be the number 1 overall

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Im crazy?

We are in a position to get our own top 10 pick.

Why would we trade Miller just for a 4% higher chance of 1st Overall pick.

That is a very risky and silly move. We will have the same odds as the Oilers as it stands at the moment but what if the Oilers end up having a great run of wins and end up making the playoffs?

We lose a great young player and a 1st round pick for a late mid-late first rounder.

Reactions: bl02

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I am bullish as is most of our base on JTM, who was drafted 15OA, and for the most part played well while showing real flashes. I think he's had enough of coach AV, who I believe is universally hated at our board.

Miller is part of the solution, not part of the problem.
But we need extra shots at Dahlin in lottery.
Of course, not only is there no guarantee/and percentages of any one pick are low, but Miller released [and possibly + depending on what that is] could pull Oil out of the lottery.

So, what would it take?
Miller + 2020 Ranger 1st
for
Oilers 2018 1st

JT is making only 2.75 expiring w/RFA rights, and EDM having 8m+ in cap should not be a prob this year, w/Fayne expiring. Plays any of 3 F slots.

thoughts?

So JT Miller who is about a 50 to 55 pts soon to be RFA who will want about 6mill a year for an lotto pick unprotected? Polite no

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Wtf?

Am I reading this right?

its a 2018 1st from the oilers you would be receiving, stop being a homer

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
its a 2018 1st from the oilers you would be receiving, stop being a homer
A homer?

Are you actually trying to suggest that that offer makes sense for NYR at all?

Even for the fact it would increase their chances of 1OA by 4%?

That is pretty poor odds by comparison for JT Miller plus a first round pick.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
A homer?

Are you actually trying to suggest that that offer makes sense for NYR at all?

Even for the fact it would increase their chances of 1OA by 4%?

That is pretty poor odds by comparison for JT Miller plus a first round pick.

OP makes absolute sense for the Rangers, they get two cracks at Dahlin, move a guy that doesn't look like he's in the long term plans and give up a first two years from now that could be miles lower

Oilers don't even consider touching this deal. Miller is going to be wanting a sizeable raise too, the Oilers don't even get his cost controlled years.

Reactions: AnishLoomba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad