OT: Milano's vs Gabriel's

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Going through chemo. Spicy foods make him very sick. So this summer...bring on the spice!

Also this thread inspired me to make pizza... dough is rising!

Speaking of spice. Parents brought me back a habanero sauce from the cancun very spicy.

So. To verify. (Speaking to everyone ) Luois pizza macarthur. Best in Ottawa? I checked its pictures. Pizza looks veeeery similar to Newport pizza in westboro. Which I love. Can anyone confirm that they are in fact similar.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
House of Georgie is the best. Easily my favourite slice growing up in Ottawa. I remember when the Pepperoni slices were only 2 bucks.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
JOJOs has the best pizza in Stittsville, it costs more but it's worth it.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
You haven't tried pizza pizza or little ceasars. Their sauces taste like frozen pizza sauce. Oh, and spots with no cheese.
For me if I want to go cheap I usually go pizza pizza and get the deal with 3 pops. Pepperoni, Green olives, crumbled bacon, Bruscetta, and italian seasoning, well done.

10 dollars more and I go Gabriel's.

If you never have tried Toppers you should. You will know what cheap pizza tastes like.

Pizza pizza is the MacDonald's of hamburgers.

When I was a kid it seemed like everytime your ordered a pizza it had a ball of dough in the middle.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
For me if I want to go cheap I usually go pizza pizza and get the deal with 3 pops. Pepperoni, Green olives, crumbled bacon, Bruscetta, and italian seasoning, well done.

10 dollars more and I go Gabriel's.

If you never have tried Toppers you should. You will know what cheap pizza tastes like.

Pizza pizza is the MacDonald's of hamburgers.

When I was a kid it seemed like everytime your ordered a pizza it had a ball of dough in the middle.
Except McDonald's still tastes amazing

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
I'm coming back to Ottawa in a couple of weeks for a quick 10-day visit, I'll need to check this place out.

That's a hell of a recommendation.

I love watching newbies try San Marino's for the first time. I never provide any kind of backdrop because I don't want to influence anyone, but the responses are always the same. "This pie is amazing!!!" My brother in law volunteers to babysit just because he knows we'll put in an order for him. He lives in Orleans lol.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You serious?

I try not to have junk food very often. But every couple of months I'll have a burger from McDonald's and it tastes like pure magic. Pure joy. If joy had a taste. It would be that. And I love to try food. High end steak houses. Seafood restaurants. Gourmet burgers. (Real burgers. Like medium rare burgers). But McDonald's is McDonald's. It's just so.......perfect.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
My favourite used to be Bronson Pizza, they changed up their recipe and now it's 'House of Georgie Sorento's'.

Absolutely delicious, especially if you get one of their side gravies for dipping.

OMG YES. Bronson Pizza, or whatever the name, was absolutely amazing. Didn't realize they had changed their name/recipe.

Interestingly enough the closest pizza to Bronson in my opinion was from a place called Georgie's on Carling near the Corel building. Not as good, but similar.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Pizza at the Big Rig doesn't get enough credit.

Actuyally pretty good!

Gabriels cheaps out on the ham with its meat lovers

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You have been banned in Sudbury.

Thing crust at domino is on some sort of cracker.

Also I once order. A buffalo chicken pizza and they didn't put tomato sauce with barbecue sauce on top. They replaced the tomato sauce with BBQ sauce. I was appalled.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I wouldn't say it's amazing, but sometimes one really does crave McDonald's and nothing else will do. It really is it's own thing.

And now I want a Double Quarter Pounder with bacon.

I try not to have junk food very often. But every couple of months I'll have a burger from McDonald's and it tastes like pure magic. Pure joy. If joy had a taste. It would be that. And I love to try food. High end steak houses. Seafood restaurants. Gourmet burgers. (Real burgers. Like medium rare burgers). But McDonald's is McDonald's. It's just so.......perfect.
Don't get me wrong I eat that **** too. I stay away from the combo's because they just don't satisfy my hunger in the end. For lunch I go for 2 double cheeseburgers and a small coke no ice. Cheap and convenient.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Slice and Co (although their owners are the ones the bumped out Mellos), Colonnade, Fat Alberts, Zazaza's

Boycotting Gabriel's, got our order wrong and refused to fix it, or do anything about it.
they went so far as to play back the recording and it showed that we had ordered a 'pepperoni' and the Gabriel's person taking the order said something like 'ok, that's $$$$ for your pepperoni and sausage', we didn't catch the last bit, but they said because we didn't correct it was completely our fault. We had been ordering from them solidly for a long time and we said c'mon, it's at least 50-50 fault, are you really gonna burn a long time customer like that, and throw away their business? They actually said yes, so we get our pies from anywhere but there.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Slice and Co (although their owners are the ones the bumped out Mellos), Colonnade, Fat Alberts, Zazaza's

Boycotting Gabriel's, got our order wrong and refused to fix it, or do anything about it.
they went so far as to play back the recording and it showed that we had ordered a 'pepperoni' and the Gabriel's person taking the order said something like 'ok, that's $$$$ for your pepperoni and sausage', we didn't catch the last bit, but they said because we didn't correct it was completely our fault. We had been ordering from them solidly for a long time and we said c'mon, it's at least 50-50 fault, are you really gonna burn a long time customer like that, and throw away their business? They actually said yes, so we get our pies from anywhere but there.

Which location?

That sounds like the person managing your local franchise is a total a-hole. We were always looked after at the Fallow field location. Funny how some places don't think how staff attitude affects sales. It's like they're totally oblivious.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Going through chemo. Spicy foods make him very sick. So this summer...bring on the spice!

Also this thread inspired me to make pizza... dough is rising!

Ah damn. All the best to both of you!

OMG YES. Bronson Pizza, or whatever the name, was absolutely amazing. Didn't realize they had changed their name/recipe.

Interestingly enough the closest pizza to Bronson in my opinion was from a place called Georgie's on Carling near the Corel building. Not as good, but similar.

My post was really poorly worded. Bronson pizza used to be my favourite, then they changed their recipe. I think they stopped making their own sauce and also started putting less cheese.

Now my favourite place is House of Georgie Sorento's. Two different places, Bronson pizza still exists it just isn't as good as it used to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad