Player Discussion Milan Lucic V.2.0

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
I hate how he escapes the ire of the mainstream media.
We hear about how Strome is making management unhappy.

Yeah what's double the cost for 5 times the term?

Hey buddy get leave Lucic alone,the mainstream do not look at at because he is not the problem

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Lucic might be the Oilers worst forward right now. That inlcudes Cags, Khaira, Jokinen, etc. That plus the 6 million.......

Russell and Lucic is the reason we dont have secondary scoring..... 10 million tied up to two anchors for 4 and 6 more years....

Reactions: dawunderboy

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Lucic might be the Oilers worst forward right now. That inlcudes Cags, Khaira, Jokinen, etc. That plus the 6 million.......

Russell and Lucic is the reason we dont have secondary scoring..... 10 million tied up to two anchors for 4 and 6 more years....

The guys not scoring are the reason why we don't have secondary scoring right now. That includes everyone not named McDavid, Nuge, Maroon, and Larsson. Everyone else needs to figure out how to put the damn puck in the net once in a blue moon.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I hate how he escapes the ire of the mainstream media.
We hear about how Strome is making management unhappy.

Yeah what's double the cost for 5 times the term?

He doesnt.

I have heard it mentioned on radio that Lucic has been bad at protecting the puck and not making decisions quick enough.
I agree especially with the slow decision making. I have watched him cough up the puck far too much simply because he cant decide quick enough.

I think he is another example of a player squeezing his stick too hard and over thinking.

Last edited:

FEFAN

Oct 19, 2017
Micronesia
Looch got his dough and stopped caring. He will be 30 next spring and will need to lose 20 pounds to get faster. He is a dinosaur of another era. He will be poster child of the ruined mcdavid prime years.

Reactions: dawunderboy

Killer Z

Aug 24, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I agree with Bryanbryoil ........all of a sudden Lucic has quietly put together 5pts in his past 5 games, and is on pace for a 51pt season ......by no means is that horrible. Hopefully he can get closer to 60pts.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I agree with Bryanbryoil ........all of a sudden Lucic has quietly put together 5pts in his past 5 games, and is on pace for a 51pt season ......by no means is that horrible. Hopefully he can get closer to 60pts.

Points is not everything. If a player is an anchor and liability then he is not very good.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He's not a leader and I didn't expect him to be one.
The better the team plays as a team the better he plays.
He's producing well with Hopkins and Hopkins seems to be better this year which is big.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He's not a leader and I didn't expect him to be one.
The better the team plays as a team the better he plays.
He's producing well with Hopkins and Hopkins seems to be better this year which is big.

I call BS. he has been playing hard almost all season long. Just because he isn't a waterbug type doesn't mean that he's dogging it out there, it's like asking a linebacker to out run a wide receiver.

His game is not pretty but it's still effective.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Effective yes, but not $6 million effective.

You rarely get what you pay for from UFA's. He has a role on this team and if/when we deal Maroon or see him walk it will be even more critical because no one else can fill it. He was playing Lucic brand hockey against the Rangers and looked damn good while doing so.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
You rarely get what you pay for from UFA's. He has a role on this team and if/when we deal Maroon or see him walk it will be even more critical because no one else can fill it. He was playing Lucic brand hockey against the Rangers and looked damn good while doing so.

Does it really matter what you say when a poster claims that points don't matter? Really? Points don't matter? Probably one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this site.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Lucic:

4th leading scorer on the team.

4-10-14 -1 On pace for 50-60 points

Fights, hits, intimidates.

I don't know what more you can ask of him. A few more points maybe? guy is earning his paycheck.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Lucic:

I don't know what more you can ask of him. A few more points maybe? guy is earning his paycheck.

You can ask him to be MacT style 'visually better.'

Because on HFOil everyone is a pro scout and numbers don't matter.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Lucic:

and -1 on a team that's -15 in GD
Hall is -4 on a team with +3 GD

(before anyone gets their panties in a twist, I'm aware there's more to +/- just thought I'd point it out)

Edit: derp, you mention his -1

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
and -1 on a team that's -15 in GD
Hall is -4 on a team with +3 GD

(before anyone gets their panties in a twist, I'm aware there's more to +/- just thought I'd point it out)

Edit: derp, you mention his -1
Also doesn't he have like 1 or 2 pp points when last year that was his bread and butter?
His 5v5 scoring has massively improved this year.

Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad