Player Discussion Milan Lucic V.2.0

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Every player in the league goes through cold stretches of the season. Eberle did it all the time, our 30th place savior Hall did it all the time to.

HFoil just have really short short memories, like cant remember yesterday.
Zero goals in a month for a guy that makes 6 million got Eberle run out of town last year. This guy was brought in to be a leader and completely phoned in his effort yesterday. On a night where the entire team was bad, he was the worst.

Reactions: dawunderboy

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Zero goals in a month for a guy that makes 6 million got Eberle run out of town last year. This guy was brought in to be a leader and completely phoned in his effort yesterday. On a night where the entire team was bad, he was the worst.

Talbot was pretty bad, right there with Lucic.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Lucic was worse. Constant turnovers including the one that led to goal #2.

Don't turn this into a Talbot discussion. Lucic was ****ing horrible. 4 turnovers in a period is ECHL quality.

Those turnovers were comparable to the ECHL quality shots Talbot let in.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Those turnovers were comparable to the ECHL quality shots Talbot let in.
Fine, send them both to the ECHL. Any words for the goal Montoya let in? ECHL quality.

One is only here for another year before he gets shipped off for garbage. Lucic is here for the next 5 years. He's not going anywhere and I'd rather have Ryan Potulny than this guy.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
My problem, this boards evaluation on everything hockey.

And actual grammar apparently.

Lucic is a big reason this team is where it is, just a complete non-factor most nights. Which I expect from Ryan Strome, not from a guy making $6M a year for the next half a decade who was brought in in large part due to his supposed magic leadership powers.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
And actual grammar apparently.

Lucic is a big reason this team is where it is, just a complete non-factor most nights. Which I expect from Ryan Strome, not from a guy making $6M a year for the next half a decade who was brought in in large part due to his supposed magic leadership powers.

Grammar? Sweet thanks tips. Cant argue hockey so turn it into a grammar post. LOL typical

A lot of players are a big reason this team is where it is. In order before Lucic

Talbot
Klefbom
Benning
Drai

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Yes one poor month got Eberle "run out of town".

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Grammar? Sweet thanks tips. Cant argue hockey so turn it into a grammar post. LOL typical

A lot of players are a big reason this team is where it is. In order before Lucic

Talbot
Klefbom
Benning
Drai

Going to have to disagree with Drai. He has easily been $2.5M better than Lucic this year.

Lucic has been avaerage this year. His engagement and effort level has been average. If we want to be a good team, we can't have our supposed leaders and highest paid players being average.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He shouldn't bother coming to the rink if he's going to play like he did last night.

Last edited:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

both.png

Talbot
Klefbom
Benning
Drai

Two guys who have battled injuries, a second/third pairing D man making a million buck and a goalie who was driven into the ground last season. What's Lucic's excuse?

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
both.png

Two guys who have battled injuries, a second/third pairing D man making a million buck and a goalie who was driven into the ground last season. What's Lucic's excuse?

We cant have both, cause im not a grammar nazi and you apparently dont know hockey.

Lucic has been fine up until Christmas. Actually was getting a ton of praise in this thread. Cold stretches happen.

Reactions: nabob

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This I agree with.

My argument in this thread every player in the league goes through a cold stretch.
Not every player is paid 6 million for the next 5 years and expected to be a veteran leader on a team that is wilting. Did something happen over Christmas? He's been atrocious since then.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Not every player is paid 6 million for the next 5 years and expected to be a veteran leader on a team that is wilting. Did something happen over Christmas? He's been atrocious since then.

Nuge paid the same, trying to bring the same, only has one more point then Lucic this year?

Thats kind of embarrassing for Nuge wouldnt you think?

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Nuge paid the same, trying to bring the same, only has one more point then Lucic this year?

Thats kind of embarrassing for Nuge wouldnt you think?
Considering he was on a career pace in goals, no? Nuge hasn't won a Stanley Cup. He's suffered through some truly horrendous moments for this franchise. I'm not sure how you can compare a guy who gets primo minutes with the best players on the planet and a guy who's frequently stuck with dregs for wingers.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
We cant have both, cause im not a grammar nazi and you apparently dont know hockey.

I know both, thanks.

Lucic has been fine up until Christmas. Actually was getting a ton of praise in this thread. Cold stretches happen

With this player it's not the cold stretches, it's the occasional hot streaks that fool people like you.

Twice he's had five games without a goal. Another goalless stretch of six. And now he's on 12. All players have cold streaks, sure, but to brush off this level of inconsistency for a guy who is not going to get any better is just willful blindness.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Considering he was on a career pace in goals, no? Nuge hasn't won a Stanley Cup. He's suffered through some truly horrendous moments for this franchise. I'm not sure how you can compare a guy who gets primo minutes with the best players on the planet and a guy who's frequently stuck with dregs for wingers.

You cant compare cause it goes against your argument?

Like Lucic played with RNH all of last year, and outscored him by alot.

Crazy I know considering they are making the same money. Producing the same amount this year again.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I know both, thanks.

With this player it's not the cold stretches, it's the occasional hot streaks that fool people like you.

Twice he's had five games without a goal. Another goalless stretch of six. And now he's on 12. All players have cold streaks, sure, but to brush off this level of inconsistency for a guy who is not going to get any better is just willful blindness.

Scorers dont score consistently. Didnt you learn anything with Hall and Eberle here leading this team to 30th place finishes for how many years?

Lucic hasnt been good the last 10 games. Horrible, hes better off sitting.

It happens, its hockey. One of those seasons, no player is getting traction this year on the oilers. Well maybe Nurse.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You cant compare cause it goes against your argument?

Like Lucic played with RNH all of last year, and outscored him by alot.

Crazy I know considering they are making the same money. Producing the same amount this year again.
Well Lucic isn't playing with RNH anymore and he sucks fat, sweaty wang. He's playing with better centers than RNH and hasn't scored in a month. Darnell Nurse looks like a better forward than this oaf. I'd almost rather have Ryan Strome in his spot.

I still don't get how you compare a guy playing shotgun with McDavid to a guy who almost never is on the ice at the same time as Connor. This is deflection at its finest. Lucic has been dogshit for a month.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Scorers dont score consistently. Didnt you learn anything with Hall and Eberle here leading this team to 30th place finishes for how many years?

And, again since you didn't get it the first time, people crapped on them for it. Only fair the older, worse player like Looch gets the same treatment especially since the team is a lot better than anything Hall and Eberle got to play with for most of their time here.

Lucic hasnt been good the last 10 games. Horrible, hes better off sitting.

It happens, its hockey. One of those seasons, no player is getting traction this year on the oilers. Well maybe Nurse

And the fact he's about to turn 30 and has five more years on his massive, immovable deal is the concern. He's not going to get any better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad