Player Discussion Milan Lucic V.2.0

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
On pace for nearly 60 points. Tied for second in Oiler scoring. Literally hurting players with his hits.

Guy is earning every dime of his paycheck.
Yeah he's definitely left his mark on a few guys the past few games with some heavy checks. He also dumped that little rat Tkachuk tonight which is always good to see.

He's playing some really good hockey. There will always be some people who hate on him because his style isn't pretty and sometimes his stone hands and blind passes can be frustrating, but this guy just keeps on trucking. Produces and throws heavy hits, even if its not always pretty, the results speak for themselves.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Why isn't Looch playing in front of the net all the time? Use him for his skills, he should not be trying to carry the puck into the zone or be picking up 100 foot passes. I've noticed hes very good at tipping pucks and he commands space, just seems obvious.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Looch and Puljujarvi give McDavid a pair of shooting options on his line. That pass off the boards to spring Mcdavid in the 3rd was a thing of beauty.
Lucic seems to always play best with another big boy on his line. Pulju brings that while also being the shooter McDavid needs. Line is looking good right now

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Great for the team to see some real chemistry on that Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi line.

Makes it much more likely that Maroon can be re-signed at a reasonable number.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Great for the team to see some real chemistry on that Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi line.

And Maroon knows it. Why do you think he is grumbly and passed off.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
And Maroon knows it. Why do you think he is grumbly and passed off.

Then Maroon should have played better when he was on the McDavid line for the majority of the first 20 games. If you play good with McDavid, you are going to make a LOT of money in this league, because McD will get you so many scoring opportunities. But you still have to cash on those opportunities.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Not sure they resign him. I think given his age he will dig in for a payday with either the Oilers or another team in FA. If Khaira keeps progressing it makes PM expendable at the trade deadline.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Not sure they resign him. I think given his age he will dig in for a payday with either the Oilers or another team in FA. If Khaira keeps progressing it makes PM expendable at the trade deadline.

Agreed. Dumping Maroon at the TDL could help the team. Fingers crossed the Oilers go on a run and aren't sellers but if they are then Maroon might fetch a third, or maybe even a second if a team is really desperate.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Good job spreading the Lucic love Del...he deserves it! :nod:
ZLhpR5O.gif

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Bruins fan here. Just checking in with my favorite x-Bruin.

I would gladly take him back on the B's. I am sick of our forwards getting pushed around. The Bruins made a huge mistake in not signing Looch to 6 Million. I know he is off some games but he can be (and often was in Boston) a game changer.

He is a leader . He was also a fan favorite in Boston. You still see many #17 Looch jerseys at the games ( I have ST and go to almost all of the home games).

I miss the big guy...sigh.

I am cheering on your team in the West.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad