Injury Report: Mikko "Kaptain" Koivu (Jan 6: Ankle Surgery, Out At Least One Month)

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
@Russostrib

#mnwild lines: Heatley-Coyle-Pominville; Nino-Granlund-Zucker; Cooke-Haula-Fontaine; Veilleux-Brodziak-Mitchell

Okay **** this.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
@Russostrib

#mnwild lines: Heatley-Coyle-Pominville; Nino-Granlund-Zucker; Cooke-Haula-Fontaine; Veilleux-Brodziak-Mitchell

Okay **** this.

Those lines....

RrR1ym8.gif

I just hope GMCF doesn't overpay for the Center I'm sure he's desperately shopping for.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011

RrR1ym8.gif

I just hope GMCF doesn't overpay for the Center I'm sure he's desperately shopping for.

I'd rather just see what we have with the kids now that it's all on them. But of course, I'm not the gm who may need to ransom our future to save his job.

Last edited:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Why the **** is.... Then my train of thought completely derailed. I can only say what the ****. I see so many ****ing wrong things there, ****. #YEOLO

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
@Russostrib

Okay **** this.

Coyle centering the 1st line? Whyyyyyyy? :cry:

Yeo, man, here's a lineup for you. Feel free to use it:

Nino-Granlund-Pominville
Heatley-Haula-Zucker
Cooke-Coyle-Fontaine
Whocares-Whocares1-Whocares3

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Coyle centering the 1st line? Whyyyyyyy? :cry:

Yeo, man, here's a lineup for you. Feel free to use it:

Nino-Granlund-Pominville
Heatley-Haula-Zucker
Cooke-Coyle-Fontaine
Whocares-Whocares1-Whocares3

I'll take Veillieux-Brodz-Mitchell for the 4th line.

OpRedDawn*

No problem with those lines. Let Coyle sink or swim. He's gotta step it up

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I'll take Veillieux-Brodz-Mitchell for the 4th line.

That's fine by me too, but they don't really do that much. If you want to give them more ice time in a shutdown role, I'd double shift Cooke in SV's spot.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Why the **** not.

Fontaine/Coyle-Granlund-Pominville
Nino-Haula-Zucker
Cooke-Brodziak-Coyle/Fontaine
Heatley-Mitchell-Veilleux

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
ouch!

but hey listen, Yeo's system works a lot better when talent-players are out

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Nothing changes except moving coyle to first line and putting haula on the third line. I think he wants to keep brodziak on the fourth line.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Anyone know how much an authentic road jersey with Ekblad would cost at the lodge?

authentic, with like fight strap? don't bother, the ones they do have are Indonesian made and not true authentics like the players wear on the ice. Would run you $370 with customization plus tax.

I am waiting for either A. The edge 2.0 jerseys to come out in the new road whites over the summer, or B. Buying a team/game issued one for the same price as their indocrap made one.

if the following above wouldn't bother you, then close to $400

Replica is close to prolly $200-250

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Considering who we have playing, those lines are not bad. But then I've resigned myself to the fact that people here will ***** no matter what he does.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
@Russostrib

Okay **** this.

I think everyone's being a little too :scared:-ey about these. Are there faults? Absolutely. Coyle hasn't developed a lot as a center, and might struggle a bit against other teams' top lines. Heatley's going to have to really step up defensively for the same reason. Pominville's production will probably fall off a bit. Obviously there will be weaknesses in any lineup when you remove Mikko Koivu and Zach Parise.

But I really like the Nino-Granlund-Zucker line, and IF (big if) the top line can shut people down, that will really open some space for the kid line to do some damage. Haula at center, check, good. Cooke and Fontaine both fit the third-liner checking-and-scoring mold, and Veilleux-Brodziak-Mitchell actually looked really good last game.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Why is it that Yeo don't wanna try Granlund on that first line? I mean first he praise him, how he step up and fills Koivu's spot and then throw him back to second line.. Maybe it's because Heatley-Granlund-Pominville hasn't been working together, but why they don't try to putt together one of the best line's this season, Nino-Granlund-Pominville and see if it work's, it not like there is much to loose.

Well i would be shocked if those lines last at least first 20min. Haula is gonna get his 10min and Granlund 13min, Broziak 17min and Coyle 20min. Book it.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Lets look at ice time totals before we call one line or another the top line. The Granlund line is pretty obviously going to be a top scoring line the way Yeo likes to use the "top" line as a shutdown line instead of getting mismatches. And it could work well for that.

I'm not a fan of the lines, but well, I guess after thinking about them, they are at least functional.

But Coyle really needs to get good at faceoffs. This is where we miss Konopka for a few moments if only because of how much teaching he was doing in that department. Konopka knows how to win faceoffs, period.

Something tells me we'll be sending the 4th line out for crucial faceoffs a lot if only because Brodziak is our only experienced center at this point.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Lets look at ice time totals before we call one line or another the top line. The Granlund line is pretty obviously going to be a top scoring line the way Yeo likes to use the "top" line as a shutdown line instead of getting mismatches. And it could work well for that.

I'm not a fan of the lines, but well, I guess after thinking about them, they are at least functional.

But Coyle really needs to get good at faceoffs. This is where we miss Konopka for a few moments if only because of how much teaching he was doing in that department. Konopka knows how to win faceoffs, period.

Something tells me we'll be sending the 4th line out for crucial faceoffs a lot if only because Brodziak is our only experienced center at this point.

I'm just slightly confused by what role each line will play. The third line is too small to be used as a shut down line, and the second line certainly isn't designed to do it. The forth line could probably handle it in chunks of time but not consistently for a whole game. That leaves the first line, which means it is up to coyle and pommers.

I feel that we will need to a suddenly start scoring 4 or 5 goals a game with that set up.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
It probably buys him a stay of execution until the end of the season. That might be the best time for a change anyway because of more replacement options becoming available.

Exactly. It's not like a coaching change midway through the season would really raise our ceiling higher than a bubble playoff team anyway. Let Fletch make a thoughtful and smart hire without hurrying it. Lets just hope young player development isnt affected too much in the meantime

I've been saying this since we started our losing streak. :facepalm:

Pinchy11

Nov 2, 2011
So how many people almost pooped themselves when granny went down to block that shot late in the last game?

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
So how many people almost pooped themselves when granny went down to block that shot late in the last game?

IMO that is what every player should do. Sometimes it hurts and sometimes it hit you on a bad area, where is no pads, and you feel like you wanna cry, but usually it dosen't hurt at all.

But, that is something what you should do, what ever you are a first line center or a fourth line grinder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad