Injury Report: Mikko "Kaptain" Koivu (Jan 6: Ankle Surgery, Out At Least One Month)

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
As much as i like Haula he really isn't a offensive juggernaute and i think that Coyle is better at every area right now..

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Coyle has been kinda disappointing this season. I'd like to see what Haula can do as 2C. Keep Coyle as 3C.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Oh ****ing hell. I bet he won't be back until after the Olympics. VMP. :cry:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Michael Russo @Russostrib
#mnwild captain Mikko Koivu underwent ankle surgery, will miss at least a month, team announces.

J22*

On a scale of 1 to 2011/2012 how screwed is this team?

Dead in the Water.

One somewhat positive will be that some people on this board will get to see Parise without Koivu holding him back.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
PERKELE. I'm so ****ing pissed off right now.

Why can't this ****ing team have ****ing nice things?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Dead in the Water.

One somewhat positive will be that some people on this board will get to see Parise without Koivu holding him back.

Winner. I hope this doesn't lead to Fletcher doing something stupid like overpay for Vanek to shore up the offense while Koivu is out.

J22*

Winner. I hope this doesn't lead to Fletcher doing something stupid like overpay for Vanek to shore up the offense while Koivu is out.

I cant see him paying the price that Vanek would cost, but could see a bad knee jerk trade for a center.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Confuses the whole Yeo situation also. Can he be expected to win much w/o Parise, Koivu, Harding ?

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Barring some young players and unexpected players stepping up big, I suspect that we will probably pick somewhere between 7 and 13. Is the draft looking good for that range?

DUMBA55

Jun 18, 2013
Barring some young players and unexpected players stepping up big, I suspect that we will probably pick somewhere between 7 and 13. Is the draft looking good for that range?

We will tank until the last 2.5 weeks of the season and go on an absolute tear and will end up picking 14

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Confuses the whole Yeo situation also. Can he be expected to win much w/o Parise, Koivu, Harding ?

It probably buys him a stay of execution until the end of the season. That might be the best time for a change anyway because of more replacement options becoming available.

DUMBA55

Jun 18, 2013
It probably buys him a stay of execution until the end of the season. That might be the best time for a change anyway because of more replacement options becoming available.

Exactly. It's not like a coaching change midway through the season would really raise our ceiling higher than a bubble playoff team anyway. Let Fletch make a thoughtful and smart hire without hurrying it. Lets just hope young player development isnt affected too much in the meantime

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

This draft isn't looking particularly strong. Wrong season to tank.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
On a scale of 1 to 2011/2012 how screwed is this team?

Right now were at "Please God, make it stop bleeding!"

gatorade.gif

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I hope it's not Kadri they move after but I could see Nielsen out of NYI or Legwand out of NAS as people we could move on.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Hope Koivu wears some protection on his ankles from now on. This was just a wrist shot, right? Not that a wrist shot can't hurt, just didn't think it would be this serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad