Mike Scheifele End of Season Point Total

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
A full season would have had him at 71 points. I had him at 65 plus.
This guy is going to be good for a very long time and I sure hope we wrap him up for the long term

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I specifically remember some people on this board saying Scheif would never be elite, I guess we need to re-evaluate that sentiment now.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I specifically remember some people on this board saying Scheif would never be elite, I guess we need to re-evaluate that sentiment now.

I think that was the majority of people. Though, everyone seems to use a different definition of 'elite'

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think that was the majority of people. Though, everyone seems to use a different definition of 'elite'

For me: Kopitar, Toews, Ovi, Wheels, etc are elite.

Crosby is generational. Gretzky and Lemieux were generational. Ducky was elite.

That's my take - I'm sure everyone has their own.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
For me: Kopitar, Toews, Ovi, Wheels, etc are elite.

Crosby is generational. Gretzky and Lemieux were generational. Ducky was elite.

That's my take - I'm sure everyone has their own.

I tend to think of players who are top 10 at their position as elite.
Top 10 C
Top 10 winger
Top 10 D
Top 10 G

So, ~40 Elite players in the league.

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
I dont know if its from playing with Ehlers or because the season was lost that he was will to try more things, or just more confidence but I noticed that Chef made a lot more fancy/skilled/creative plays last half of the season than I had ever seen him do. Didn't know he was capable of it. I like It!!! :)

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I dont know if its from playing with Ehlers or because the season was lost that he was will to try more things, or just more confidence but I noticed that Chef made a lot more fancy/skilled/creative plays last half of the season than I had ever seen him do. Didn't know he was capable of it. I like It!!! :)

schiefele's capable, he was doing it early on his pro years but during his first full season he concentrated on being a defensive player first and also it's a confidence thing.
Now he is showing what really he can do.

Will see next year, him lining up with best against best for a full year.
Jets will probably have 2 C in 60 points range this coming year which is very good.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Scheif had great hands, vision, and shot even back in the OHL days. As Jetsfareast says, he appears to be more "comfortable" in trying to pull these same moves now that the other parts of his game have become "easy".

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand

Maybe you haven't read but he hired a skills coach!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad