Mike Scheifele End of Season Point Total

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think he'll drop into the 55-60pt range this year. More is obviously possible, and possibly likely if Ehlers sticks on his line, and starts to put the puck in the back of the net.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If that @#$% RW of his could just shoot better he'd have a couple of assists to go with his 2 goals. 2 ppg! But that kid is just the RW version of Kane. Skate fast down the wing and fire it at the goalie's logo from the top of the circle. :rant: Oh, almost forgot. :sarcasm:

Seriously, Ehlers is going to score quite a few goals. Scheifele's assist total will rise with that. Add in Scheif's added strength, confidence, experience and the point value of that guy on the left side and Scheif is going to score a lot this year unless injuries derail it. 60+

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
You mentioned the other day that there are some similarities with Kessel, and I do see that. Very fast, and very quick release. In addition, Ehlers (like Kessel) shoots the puck in situations that the goalies probably aren't expecting - happened yesterday when Ehlers was in some traffic in the slot. Might catch a few goalies sleeping or in transition while tracking a cut cross ice.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Unfortunately a bit late to do that now that the poll has started - some people might see their vote slip into a region they weren't intending.

Well, doesn't really matter. I've already declared myself to be a pessimist, so I guess I'm morally bound to choose the response that spells it out. And I see at this point, I have the room all to myself. :)

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
49 points for Scheif last year.
This year, he's off to a strong start. It looks like his line is going to get a lot of OZ starts. I'm liking the PSE line.

55-60.

TenderBender

Feb 25, 2015
I love his game, but I think he's scratching at the ceiling of his point production. 50-55 is generous imo. It would be a rare sight to see a player like him jump any higher. Would love to see it though!

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
62 points

Scheifele really epitomises the Jets, in the fact that he was the first draft pick right after the move was announced, he played in the first ever game and he has played in parts of all 5 seasons, all for the Jets. Next captain? :D

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
something between 45 and 60. Depending on how many games he'll play. I don't see why you'll have to decide between 50, 55 or 60 since the margin is so small.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Only 4 players have more than 1 season of 80+ points over the last 4 seasons.

Now for Scheifele, if he makes the same jump in improvement in PPG he'll need 82 GP to reach 55 points.
My guess is 50-54 although I think 55-69 is nearly equally possible.

EDIT:
I also think Scheifs defensive game improves like last year.

Last edited:

TenderBender

Feb 25, 2015
I have a funny feeling that his usage is going to change this year. Already he's starting way more in the OZ and ice time is slightly reduced, both of which I think are a direct result of the Lowry line. I could also see Lowry being an appealing option on the PP if it happens to struggle (which it traditionally seems to do). It might end up that he has better ppg production, but less opportunity to exercise it.

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
Raw skill and talent: Trouba and Ehlers.

Character and dependability: Scheifele.

In the next few years, Trouba will be an elite defenseman and Ehlers will rack up 80-90 points.

Scheifele may consistently produce 55-65 points but at least he will do this consistently.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
in today's NHL - forward players
80 points and above is elite
70 - 80 you are a superstar
60 - 69 are definitely very very good

I will be HAPPY for Schiefele to get 55 - 59 points this year.
But LLW need to be at more than 60 points each for the Jets to make the playoffs

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
If all those posts had been goals, he would have hit 60 pts last year already. That would mean that 65+ is only a small jump in production. That's where I landed. I think that the Scheifele/Ehlers combination is magic. Both of these young guys will feed each other's numbers.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
My guess is 68 if he plays all 82.

He's finally filled out physically, got the skill to do it, and finally the teammates around him. I expect a big leap this year.

Top 3 scorers this year: Sheifele, Wheeler, Little

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad