Mike Ribeiro

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
I feel for these girls. It's gotta be really tough being a professional athletes wife. Life just isn't fair sometimes

I can see that for minor league players and journeyman's but otherwise there are millions and millions of girls who would want to switch spots with an NHL wife.

bags92

Jan 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
Really got a nice chuckle when I saw "confirmed with link"

But on a serious note, you married a professional athlete. This is what comes with the job. Some people get to raise a family in one place, some get millions of dollars.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
I can see that for minor league players and journeyman's but otherwise there are millions and millions of girls who would want to switch spots with an NHL wife.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm: :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:Well that should do it. In the mean time you probably want to get your sarcasm detector looked at. I think it's broken

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Can she play LD?

Something seems off though. Why would she be mad at the Capitals organization?

I would presume that McPhee did not offer a competitive offer and she is angry because we are saying... he sucks. Which makes her wonder why did George bring him here in the first place.

Oddly, I wonder about that too. George showed he clearly wanted him, and in one year clearly does not want him.

He pushed all in on the final year of his contract but turns out has a 16th life so going for a rental was not needed.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
teams trade cody eakin like players for top 6 forward rentals all the time.

as for the wife...she obviously didn't want to stay in Washington enough to convince her husband to accept a 3 year contract.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
teams trade cody eakin like players for top 6 forward rentals all the time.

as for the wife...she obviously didn't want to stay in Washington enough to convince her husband to accept a 3 year contract.

Exactly. She should be crying at her husband instead of the team. But ribs is too greedy.

We tried. His fault

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Someone needs to let this chick know hockey is a business. Ribs was great last year and I'd love to have him back but the price has to be right.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
My heart is broken for her, people in the country are starving but that pales in comparison to *gasp* having to MOVE while your husband makes millions of dollars a year. I say we all wear ribbons to support mrs. Riberio.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It's all part of McPhailure's master plan for world constipation....

I know you like to type that mcphailure. Its fun...no?
So, what are you saying? McPhee should have not traded for Ribeiro if it meant only one year or he should have signed him to whatever Ribeiro wanted?

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
So, what are you saying? McPhee should have not traded for Ribeiro if it meant only one year or he should have signed him to whatever Ribeiro wanted?

So McPhee traded for someone for one year and isn't willing to pay him what the market demands? Thats just short sighted on George's end, don't you think so Tex?

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
So McPhee traded for someone for one year and isn't willing to pay him what the market demands? Thats just short sighted on George's end, don't you think so Tex?

He traded for someone to fill in our 2C needs. He does well, McPhee offers him a contract at 3 years. Ribs wanted 5. McPhee didn't cause he knows that would be stupid.
Yet this is GMGM fault?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Is it fun? No....it's needed though. It's no more fun for me to poke fun at McPhailure than it is for you to blindly defend him. It's sad really, not fun. McPhee should have had a better plan. This one was another bust.

Apparently guys like Eakin are pissed away all the time....

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York

He should have found a long term solution at 2C about 3 years ago.
He also should have found a long term solution at LD about 10 years ago. And then replaced that long term solution with another one about 5 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad