Mike Hoffman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The age Hoffman broke into the league is irrelevant.

It's a matter of experience in this league for him now.

Yes he's 25. All that means is that he'll peak later than the "average" player.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Not necessarily; part of the reason players typically peak when they do is physical maturity. Hoffman is likely at his peak as far a physical maturity goes.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Not necessarily; part of the reason players typically peak when they do is physical maturity. Hoffman is likely at his peak as far a physical maturity goes.

Yes but he's inexperienced, he get smarter and therefore better. His physical peak is probably above average right now for NHL players. He can get through people with ease already, but he will get smarter with experience. Alfie wasn't at his peak when he came into the league, that guy peaked around age 33.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
When a player exhibits a similar career path to Hoffman's, you bet it does.

not saying i agree or disagree with you but who are some forwards who had similar career paths? I actutally dont really care if his peak is starting now till hes 30. I think he can be a effective 20 goal scorer for the next ten years based on how hes looked this year.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
not saying i agree or disagree with you but who are some forwards who had similar career paths? I actutally dont really care if his peak is starting now till hes 30. I think he can be a effective 20 goal scorer for the next ten years based on how hes looked this year.

The best player that ever played for us, came into the league when he was 23-24 and made an impact right away like Hoffman. Different type of players completely, but Alfie did the same thing Hoffman is doing.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
The best player that ever played for us, came into the league when he was 23-24 and made an impact right away like Hoffman. Different type of players completely, but Alfie did the same thing Hoffman is doing.

not sure thats the best example. Is there anymore? Alfredsson also benefited for playing with the best players of his career at that age.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Hoffman and Stone could be our best forwards with Ryan as soon as next year... Or heck the rest of the season.

Both are great players all over the ice, are smart, play hard and have great talents. Both well worth the wait. Both were expected to be decent top 9 forwards this season and have shown much more then that. Throw in Pageau emerging as a very useful role player with talent and now a faceoff beast and energy guy too. Add Lazar who has shown he belongs in the NHL at 19 even if he has not broke out yet. Then look at Ryan and how committed he is on defence and playing hard all the time, being a veteran leader. The future is bright. Turris and MacArthur are struggling now but they are proven players and will surely break out of slumps. Zibanejad is playing as well as he ever has. Karlsson is looking like he did before his achilles got cut finally. Ceci and Cowen have played quite well as young defenders. Borowiecki has a presence and is a good cheap 6/7 D. Methot is finally hopefully healthy.

Future is bright. Present is ok and looking up.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

That's really not the only think it means. It could mean that he actually peaks sooner in his career than the average NHLer

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Go on stats website. Stop being lazy and do your own research. By 25 Sharp was barely anything until he went to Chicago

Sharp never seemed like anything special when he was with Philly. Funny how players can just explode out of nowhere

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Sharp never seemed like anything special when he was with Philly. Funny how players can just explode out of nowhere

Exactly. Plus even with Chicago it took him until the age of 27 to actually have a 60 point season (at 26 he had a 35 point season).

I think we either have the next sharp or the next Greening "false promise"

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Go on stats website. Stop being lazy and do your own research. By 25 Sharp was barely anything until he went to Chicago

Mm no I won't do my own research. You compared sharp and Hoffman. And then left it at that.

Who are you my teacher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad