Mike Hoffman

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
probably needs more time. You don't really notice him when he plays and he seems lost sometimes

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Michalek actually from the get-go went with Michalek on the 2nd line and never game Hoffman much of a chance to do anything. I do not think MacLean was happy with his performance the past 2 games. I pointed out last game he got in the way of Turris and Ryan a lot and I think MacLean wanted to try Michalek there for 2 potent lines.

Hoffman's lack of ice-time could also be directly responsible for the Kassian being inserted into the line-up. It essentially made us role 3 lineups and Hoffman was one of the odd mans out.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I just wish Hoffman would finally score a goal and get the monkey off his back. If he scores one, the flood gates open.

Lonnie Loach

Feb 2, 2004
New York, NY
Thus far, not ready for prime time. Playing tentative. Only question is whether they give him another game or so to see if he settles down; if not he'll be back to Bingo sooner than imagined.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Such a joke. A player who you know is going to hustle and work his ass off, yet he doesn't even get a chance. It's not like he's even looked bad when he did play.. I hate pretty much everything about player usage this season.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Such a joke. A player who you know is going to hustle and work his ass off, yet he doesn't even get a chance. It's not like he's even looked bad when he did play.. I hate pretty much everything about player usage this season.

pretty much this.

hoffy absolutely destroys in Bingo, and he hasn't even looked out of place the past few games in the NHL. i just love what he can bring to the game.. speed, skill, a great set of hands, he can hit, and leadership. he has so much to offer. 4:20 minutes of ice time is ****ing ******** for a player like Hoff. hell, Bingo's been on a 4 game losing streak since he's been called up. Bingo's PP tonight in OT looked so soft with him out of the lineup. if it were me, I'd give him at least 12-15 mins a night- he needs to be given a fair shot.

i think i might change my username to Mike Hoffman.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
hasnt gotten a chance? was he not on the top line when he was called up? that is pretty damn good

we are trying to make the playoff so we don't have all the time in the world to give guys extended looks.

additionally with all the powerplays and pk time it should be expected

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Had one chance but fumbled the pass. To be fair it was a poor pass but after that i didnt notice him.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Not an NHL player. Probably never will be.

Unfortunately I think there's some truth to this. He's had so many good chances, that he generated himself mind you, but he's not getting the points to back it up. Things would probably be different if he had linemates that did their job but it's just not working out for him. He could play 80 games and not get a goal I'm sorry to say.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
pretty much this.

hoffy absolutely destroys in Bingo, and he hasn't even looked out of place the past few games in the NHL. i just love what he can bring to the game.. speed, skill, a great set of hands, he can hit, and leadership. he has so much to offer. 4:20 minutes of ice time is ****ing ******** for a player like Hoff. hell, Bingo's been on a 4 game losing streak since he's been called up. Bingo's PP tonight in OT looked so soft with him out of the lineup. if it were me, I'd give him at least 12-15 mins a night- he needs to be given a fair shot.

i think i might change my username to Mike Hoffman.

You might as well change your name to Cory Locke 2.0 because thus far, that's all Hoffman is.

Whining about lack of chances? He got two games with our best Centre and winger and did nothing. Actually he did less than nothing as he managed to actually bring his line down by looking lost out there.

If you're not a grade A prospect and you're given the chance for top 6 minutes, you sure as heck better make the most of it. He didn't. Just like Da Costa.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I don't know... we throw out Locke's name but rarely Klinkhammer. Klinkhammer might be the first NHL-ready player we let slip through the system with Mac as head coach, no? He's played well in the bottom 6 for Phx given the opportunity and he could certainly be inserted regularly in our line-up. It happens, guys are ready just as contracts are running out and maybe that's just bad timing more than bad asset management or whatever you want to call it - but my point is I'm not 100% anymore with this staff's ability to grow and utilize players we've groomed well in Bingo. I'm not impressed with how we've handled Zib, which is the most obvious example, but guys like Gryba, Cowen, Wiercioch, Conacher are all young player who we're willing to admit can be legit NHLers and are all in the bigs and they're regressing or, in the best cases, plateauing. Frankly, along with the decline in play from some key vets, that is perhaps our most glaring weakness as an organization - an inability to handle rookies. I thought it was the exact opposite a year and a half ago, but 9 or 10 months later, it's looking like it was actually just good goaltending camouflaging some chinks in the proverbial organization armour.

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
Really upset he got so little ice-time last night. His first game wasn't great but I thought he played very well against Tampa, especially as the game wore on. Very good speed, good hands, works hard, nice shot, and was able to create chances on his own. The team is dying for speed and skill - is there any point in expecting Condra to consistently contribute offensively or investing in Michalek when he'll be gone next year?

John Holmes*

Give the guy a break.

The jump from the A to the NHL is a big jump. He will need time to adjust to the league.

Will he ever figure it out...I don't know, but one blown chance and a game like last night where we had Superplug playing 1:05 and a parade to the penalty box for both teams...it's not much of a surprise that Hoffman got so little ice time.

Looking lost is to be expected. If he doesn't improve over time, then you can cut him loose, but to pass final judgement after a couple of games is foolish to say the least.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
He was a victim of Kassian last night, that's all. He has played in the top 6 other than that. Not every prospect is ready or ever able. They might as well give him more games to see if he can adapt... the season is over.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Such bad bad management of this kid. Plays one game, full of nerves and whatnot, and doesn't look half bad, then he plays 4 mins the next.

Why not give him a legit chance?

He's just getting his feet wet. It'll take at least a couple of games for him to get comfortable.

He was the 2nd leading scorer in the AHL after all, he deserves a better change than the one that's being given to him.

Sensation

Apr 27, 2009
Cary, NC
If we're going to give Hoffman 4 minutes and then dress Kassian only to have him play 1 minute, then we might as well get Boro back up here and roll with 7 defensemen.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008

This.....I thought he looked better in his second game and was ready to breakout and then Maclean puts him on the 4th line with Kassian for his 3rd game. I guess Maclean expects guys to instantly create chemistry without much repetition.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Such bad bad management of this kid. Plays one game, full of nerves and whatnot, and doesn't look half bad, then he plays 4 mins the next.

Why not give him a legit chance?

He's just getting his feet wet. It'll take at least a couple of games for him to get comfortable.

He was the 2nd leading scorer in the AHL after all, he deserves a better change than the one that's being given to him.

He played two games before last night. 13:30 each. At least know what you are crying about before starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad