Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
So Kreider comes back and has been carrying that line ever since, then add in all the room Fast has created and now all of a sudden Zbad's a beast?
Interesting..

Maybe both players are a contributor to each one's success? Chemistry plays a big part and there's a large enough sample size to say they feed off each other (along with Buch).

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So Kreider comes back and has been carrying that line ever since, then add in all the room Fast has created and now all of a sudden Zbad's a beast?
Interesting..

Mika was great to start the season and then had the concussion. A player has to likely get through physical and mental issues with that. Then Kreider being out also set them back as well. The duo have excellent chemistry . Mika has been a big part of that lines success and on the PP.

Reactions: haveandare

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Interesting..
Have you been watching this team struggle to finish for years and years? Look at Zbad's goal last night for example - nobody else on this tam can finish like that. Kreider, Fast and Mika are all playing well off of each other.

Reactions: JayMan82

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
https://nypost.com/2018/03/22/mika-zibanejad-is-rewarding-26-million-worth-of-rangers-faith/

And this represents a sharp reversal in fortune for Zibanejad, who, following a strong getaway, was a midseason shell of himself after returning in mid-December from a concussion that, the center told The Post, “was not just one or two for me.”

“I’ve had quite a few,” Zibanejad said. “When I came back, I was very aware of that and very cautious with the way I played. It’s not how you want it to be, but at the same time you don’t have the confidence to play your game and get into battles like you normally would.
“When you have a concussion, it takes over your whole life, not just hockey.”

It took Zibanejad, who’d recorded 22 points (11-11) in 24 games before leaving the lineup on Nov. 28, weeks to regain his form. It did not help that his return following a 19-day, nine-game absence was divided in pretty quick succession by the Christmas break, the bye week and the All-Star break.

Reactions: belford222

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Maybe both players are a contributor to each one's success? Chemistry plays a big part and there's a large enough sample size to say they feed off each other (along with Buch).

Mika was great to start the season and then had the concussion. A player has to likely get through physical and mental issues with that. Then Kreider being out also set them back as well. The duo have excellent chemistry . Mika has been a big part of that lines success and on the PP.

Have you been watching this team struggle to finish for years and years? Look at Zbad's goal last night for example - nobody else on this tam can finish like that. Kreider, Fast and Mika are all playing well off of each other.

There's no denying his skill but there's no way in hell he's a #1 Center.
He's needs his line mates to do the heavy lifting otherwise he's a complete non-factor.

I don't want to come off like I'm hating on him but this should come as no surprise to anyone.
This is just way it's always been throughout his entire career.

Put him in the proper position and I'll be more than content.

All the room Fast has created lol.

Yes..Fast and Kreider are doing all the heavy lifting but your stat sheet tells you otherwise I'm sure..

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
There's no denying his skill but there's no way in hell he's a #1 Center.
He's needs his line mates to do the heavy lifting otherwise he's a complete non-factor.

I don't want to come off like I'm hating on him but this should come as no surprise to anyone.
This is just way it's always been throughout his entire career.

Put him in the proper position and I'll be more than content.

Yes..Fast and Kreider are doing all the heavy lifting but your stat sheet tells you otherwise I'm sure..
I’d consider actually putting the puck in the net to be heavy lifting since it’s statistcially a far more rare skill than whatever Fast is doing. I love Fast and am happy to have him but his skill set is not all that rare - Mika may well put up 30 goals this year, which is undeniably rarer and more difficult than doing the little things.

And you talk about his career as if he’s in his 30s. He’s still very young.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I’d consider actually putting the puck in the net to be heavy lifting since it’s statistcially a far more rare skill than whatever Fast is doing. I love Fast and am happy to have him but his skill set is not all that rare - Mika may well put up 30 goals this year, which is undeniably rarer and more difficult than doing the little things.

And you talk about his career as if he’s in his 30s. He’s still very young.

All do respect havendare but Zbad doesn't have a goal without Fast on that play.
Just proves my point even further.
Staal was even keeping pace with him on that play and that says quite a bit.

Did you see Zbad's defensive play on Philthy's first goal??
Pathetic.

I'm soo over the zBad experiment.

JG is an idiot..

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
All do respect havendare but Zbad doesn't have a goal without Fast on that play.

Pathetic.

JG is an idiot..
And Fast doesn’t have any assist there if Zbad doesn’t put the puck through his legs and make the goalie look like an idiot.

You need all types to make a good team - Zbad is a great finisher when healthy.

And Gorton is excellent. I’ll take Mika over Brass every day.

Reactions: Dactyl

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
And Fast doesn’t have any assist there if Zbad doesn’t put the puck through his legs and make the goalie look like an idiot.

You need all types to make a good team - Zbad is a great finisher when healthy.

And Gorton is excellent. I’ll take Mika over Brass every day.

Agree to disagree.
I'll take a 200 foot game over this any day of the week.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Pathetic.

JG is an idiot..
Someone here is an idiot. And it isn't JG.

Reactions: kovazub94

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Yeah..It's clearly you, no question
hah-you-better-have-burn-heal-29271759.png

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Zibanejad is definitely not a defensive wizard at C compared to the usual Selke nominants but he's adequate. Calling him out during the stretch when his line is the only thing going offensively stinks of biased agenda.

The only problem with Zibs is ability to stay healthy. If that happens (and as a result of Hayes turning into what Stepan was to Brassard a few years ago) Zibanejad should be 70 point goal-scoring center, no doubt in my mind.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Zibanejad is definitely not a defensive wizard at C compared to the usual Selke nominants but he's adequate. Calling him out during the stretch when his line is the only thing going offensively stinks of biased agenda.

The only problem with Zibs is ability to stay healthy. If that happens (and as a result of Hayes turning into what Stepan was to Brassard a few years ago) Zibanejad should be 70 point goal-scoring center, no doubt in my mind.
Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad