Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Before Concussion: 1C.
After Concussion: borderline 3C, soft and etc.

The only player who doesn't suck is Lundqvist. People should't choose a player as a scapegoat. If you wanna blame someone blame the coach and GM for this shit show.

Reactions: jas and Off Sides

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017

The only player who doesn't suck is Lundqvist. People should't choose a player as a scapegoat. If you wanna blame someone blame the coach and GM for this **** show.
The player controls his effort and play. PERIOD. I hate AV and want him gone. But Mika’s play and effort are all on him

Reactions: NCRanger

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC

The only player who doesn't suck is Lundqvist. People should't choose a player as a scapegoat. If you wanna blame someone blame the coach and GM for this **** show.

My "scapegoating" Zibanejad is more because of the way many on this board look at him as some kind of elite talent. The epitome of the best player on a non-playoff team.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
My "scapegoating" Zibanejad is more because of the way many on this board look at him as some kind of elite talent. The epitome of the best player on a non-playoff team.
He’s not even our best player. Tons of skill and potential. ABSOLUTELY, but not the drive or heart needed to harness it

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
FYI , he was the best player on a playoff team that should have gone to the ECF last year.
Obviously, he is not Crosby, but he is a very good player on a really bad team with worse coaching.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
FYI , he was the best player on a playoff team that should have gone to the ECF last year.
Obviously, he is not Crosby, but he is a very good player on a really bad team with worse coaching.
Smith, Skjei and Lindbergh were just as good. Where are they now?

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Smith, Skjei and Lindbergh were just as good. Where are they now?
The entire team sucks. If you wanna single out players, lets trade everyone but Hank this year.
BTW, Zibanejad is top 5 in points for the Rangers. There a lot to discuss about the state of this team before zibanejad's play after concussion.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
The entire team sucks. If you wanna single out players, lets trade everyone but Hank this year.
BTW, Zibanejad is top 5 in points for the Rangers. There a lot to discuss about the state of this team before zibanejad's play after concussion.
Top 5 in points on a team whose leading points getter might reach 60. What is that saying? It would be like me being the 5th best player on the Helen Keller basketball team!

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
Team would've been better off with Stepan + Zibanejad down the middle, not Zibanejad + Hayes. But the injuries/play are a total cluster**** right now, so I'll give him a pass. FWIW he strikes me as a hot starter type.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Is Zimbabwe playing tonight? I mean yes I know he’s in the lineup but will we notice him?

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Hey guys, I need your help. I've posted in here before as I'm a big fan of Ziban.

I need to get him position dual eligibility in my dynasty league. He sets up shop on the PP on the wing to unload the bomb. Can anyone find any link/site whatsoever that says he plays something other than C that I can use as a source? Something?

Thanks in advance.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
39cd99d531aeccd977a99d03a3e23db2de8b698c537fd7416c629d3ff4ec777e.jpg

I'm trying to get Zibanejad Winger/Center dual-eligibility so that I can put him on my #1PP unit. He loves the left side especially, I figured there must be some site/advanced stats site out there showing % of time played at a position, even if it's by "area on ice". There must be SOMETHING. Please, for the love of all that is decent and good!

(If you must know, Barkov's my 1C who's only C-eligible. I've got Radulov on RW and I'd love to find a way to get Zibanejad on LW.)

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Elite prospects lists him as a C officially but their write up calls him a center/winger.

Mika Zibanejad

That write up of his game is also kind of funny to read today because he really doesn’t match it that much.

This article lists him as a C/RW which is how I have always thought of him. I know for a fact he played RW in Ottawa at times.

Why multi-position players are the key to success

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Elite prospects lists him as a C officially but their write up calls him a center/winger.

Mika Zibanejad

That write up of his game is also kind of funny to read today because he really doesn’t match it that much.

This article lists him as a C/RW which is how I have always thought of him. I know for a fact he played RW in Ottawa at times.

Why multi-position players are the key to success

Right on, that helps! But it doesn't solve my dilemma: Radulov's only RW and Barkov's only C so this still doesn't get him LW eligibility. I thought there'd be SOMETHING out there that highlights Z's tendency to play LW on the PP (essentially) where he's a deadly triggerman.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
So Kreider comes back and has been carrying that line ever since, then add in all the room Fast has created and now all of a sudden Zbad's a beast?
Interesting..

Reactions: belford222

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
How many players don't have a big dip in their play after a concussion? It's mostly psychological. Some never recover. Considering Zibanejad can never catch a break with the injuries, I think he has been fine.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->