Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I have some reality based numbers also.
How about 64th in the league amongst Centers and big old fat Minus -12.
But by all means..Let's just ignore that :sarcasm:

BOOM
Drops mic...Walks off stage lol

Last edited:
Reactions: NCRanger

effen

Feb 3, 2018
What is there to mock in that? I’m curious. If you think Mika motivates others or is not soft then I don’t know what you’re watching and most Rangers fans would disagree with you

I'd like to see how physical you'd be coming back from a concussion and having repeated 20-30 MPH collisions on ice 3 times a week. lol

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Zib has 2 very competent line mates in Nash and Zucca tonight.
Both are very reliable defensively, great passing and net front presence.
Everything is there for him to succeed, on a silver platter.
Let's see if he decides to play tonight..

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Zib has 2 very competent line mates in Nash and Zucca tonight.
Both are very reliable defensively, great passing and net front presence.
Everything is there for him to succeed, on a silver platter.
Let's see if he decides to play tonight..
Fumbled a puck right between the hash marks with no pressure on him. But he gets credit on the first goal for driving the net. Him and Zucc couldn’t score in a whorehouse with a fist full of fifty’s right now

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Fumbled a puck right between the hash marks with no pressure on him. But he gets credit on the first goal for driving the net. Him and Zucc couldn’t score in a ****ehouse with a fist full of fifty’s right now

LOL..He had a good look there on that SOG but he's certainly not driving the play.
It's all Nash right now and without him playing the way he is right now, Zib is null and void..

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
We get it, you don't like him...

That's completely false.
I do like him.
What does bother me is when people pump him up to be this elite player when in reality it's nothing more than complete fantasy..
Those are the same people that love to attack other posters for simply disagreeing.
The very same posters need a reality check sometimes and that's where I come in ;)

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
That's completely false.
I do like him.
What does bother me is when people pump him up to be this elite player when in reality it's nothing more than complete fantasy..
Those are the same people that love to attack other posters for simply disagreeing.
The very same posters need a reality check sometimes and that's where I come in ;)

Fair enough. Bottom line is, no one is playing well right now.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Fair enough. Bottom line is, no one is playing well right now.

He was signed to be a difference maker, not just settle in the back round.
Just because the rest of the team has gone to shit doesn't excuse him for his subpar play.

Anyway, I've said it numerous times..I blame JG for putting Zib in a role he's never been in before..

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
He was signed to be a difference maker, not just settle in the back round.
Just because the rest of the team has gone to **** doesn't excuse him for his subpar play.

Anyway, I've said it numerous times..I blame JG for putting Zib in a role he's never been in before..

In my honest estimation, your teammates play is a huge factor in the way you play. We know Zibby isn't a lead by example type of guy that you may expect. If anyone is to blame, its our captain (and obviously, the coaching staff). I believe heavily in feeding off your teammates and yes, he isn't a catalyst, but neither are the guys wearing letters or the ones expected to be leaders on this team. Shoot, even Lundy is having a subpar go (although not close to being entirely on him).

It doesn't really help that we're missing 2/3s of our top line and 3/5s of our #1 PP Unit. It's simply not our year and there's probably 1000 reasons why thats the case, but I'd probably place Zibby somewhere in the 800 section.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
In my honest estimation, your teammates play is a huge factor in the way you play. We know Zibby isn't a lead by example type of guy that you may expect. If anyone is to blame, its our captain (and obviously, the coaching staff). I believe heavily in feeding off your teammates and yes, he isn't a catalyst, but neither are the guys wearing letters or the ones expected to be leaders on this team. Shoot, even Lundy is having a subpar go (although not close to being entirely on him).

It doesn't really help that we're missing 2/3s of our top line and 3/5s of our #1 PP Unit. It's simply not our year and there's probably 1000 reasons why thats the case, but I'd probably place Zibby somewhere in the 800 section.

IDK man..I both agree and I don't.
The team overall has gone to shit but that has nothing to do with Zibs individual play.
Why assign blame to everyone else when Zib is responsible for his own play?
There's an elephant in the room, let's not blame it on MH's goat lol

Flying Puck

Oct 16, 2017
You’re right, he’s never been a number one center. Unfortunately merely having the tools does not a first line player make.

But the tools are there - the hands, vision, skating, size, shot, etc.

For a variety of reasons though, they’ve never come together.
Were any of those tools there tonight? The guy is a bum!

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
What the hell are all these colors and lines? Geometry? I thought we were talking about sports. Specifically hockey

That was a very inconsiderate post from Auf. Clearly he doesn't know his audience but don't fret I have something special for you mon cheri :nod:

Here you go, enjoy.

SlimySneakyAmericanrobin-size_restricted.gif

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
That was a very inconsiderate post from Auf. Clearly he doesn't know his audience but don't fret I have something special for you mon cheri :nod:

Here you go, enjoy.

SlimySneakyAmericanrobin-size_restricted.gif

Siddi, you made my night with this Rock' Em Sock' Em Robots vid. I love that toy.
I'm Colton Orr in blue in this one :nod:

Reactions: Siddi

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I have some reality based numbers also.
How about 64th in the league amongst Centers and big old fat Minus -12.
But by all means..Let's just ignore that :sarcasm:

BOOM
Drops mic...Walks off stage lol
Not really a mic drop point - the numbers you’re using can be influenced by your team being garbage. The numbers in the previous post are how his teammates play with him compared to without him. They’re all better with him despite him not “driving the play.”

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Not really a mic drop point - the numbers you’re using can be influenced by your team being garbage. The numbers in the previous post are how his teammates play with him compared to without him. They’re all better with him despite him not “driving the play.”

You can't get anymore real than 64th in the league Bro.

Edit: Make that 65th after last night..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad