Injury Report: Mika Zibanejad out with concussion

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
One decent game from Carey and Nieves and all is forgiven? God Vesey is just hated around here and for no reason. He has played well since rejoining Nash on a line.

Call up Lettieri and sit either Nieves or Carey. Preferrably Carey

Reactions: Lion Hound

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He is terrible. Should be in the AHL. Offers nothing really. Cant handle the puck. Has no shot. Takes the body but that doesnt mean anything to me when he turns pucks over like its a charity event. He just is not good. So vanilla. He is just there.
He's just there, but he's not having a negative impact.

Vesey hurts everyone he plays with.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He's just there, but he's not having a negative impact.

Vesey hurts everyone he plays with.
This absolutely ridiculous.

Carey cost them the Panthers game. He has zero impact normally. Lettieri is a much better option.

Vesey has offense to his game. He does make plays. He is not the type though to do it on his own on a line. He cannot survive on the 4th line. He is a player that needs to play with talent like a Nash. To say he hurts everyone he plays with is just a completely absurd agenda based comment

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This absolutely ridiculous.

Carey cost them the Panthers game. He has zero impact normally. Lettieri is a much better option.

Vesey has offense to his game. He does make plays. He is not the type though to do it on his own on a line. He cannot survive on the 4th line. He is a player that needs to play with talent like a Nash. To say he hurts everyone he plays with is just a completely absurd agenda based comment

There's some evidence behind it at least instead of "Carey is bad because I didn't know who he was before this season"

Vesey is terrible offensively and abysmal with the puck. If Carey got the insane 5v5 minutes that Vesey gets, he'd also have 9 points in 27 games. Probably more.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
One decent game from Carey and Nieves and all is forgiven? God Vesey is just hated around here and for no reason. He has played well since rejoining Nash on a line.

Call up Lettieri and sit either Nieves or Carey. Preferrably Carey
Nieves has been fantastic as the 4th line center imo. We needed someone to step up and take that 4th line center role and he has done it very well imo.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd certainly like Carey or Desharnais to sit to see what Lettieri can do against NHL competition.

He certainly outplayed both those scrubs in preseason, but I understand that management maybe thought he benefited more from playing in the AHL a bit. The kid has earned a call-up though, and we could use a guy who likes to shoot.

Desharnais is good, definitely Carey, and I think Vesey comes out after Carey before Desharnais. I'd lean the guy with theoretical "upside" all things being equal, but its not. Desharnais is on pace for over 40 points, he absolutely needs to be in the lineup until he no longer produces offense. Also, to the person who said Nieves, no way. I'd take out Carey for Lettieri, Chytil for Vesey, if we are talking about our absolute best lineup of 12 with those in the AHL and NHL, although I'm not saying we should do that, I'd keep Chytil in the AHL for now. When Mika returns, in this scenario, it would then be a judgement call between Desharnais and Lettieri. I don't think anyone else could come out of the lineup.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Vesey NYR 1718 - although I don't think Vesey's is particularly interesting.
I understand very, very few of those charts. LOL. I really like the one that has a key that lists five goals, three primary assists, one secondary assist, and then a chart that has like six or seven bars representing... something. (EDIT: I now see the axis is labeled only after the last chart, which I guess saves space or something).

I have no doubt there's some useful, interesting information in that stuff, but they sure as shit don't make things very accessible to newbies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I understand very, very few of those charts. LOL. I really like the one that has a key that lists five goals, three primary assists, one secondary assist, and then a chart that has like six or seven bars representing... something. (EDIT: I now see the axis is labeled only after the last chart, which I guess saves space or something).

I'm have no doubt there's some useful, interesting information in that stuff, but they sure as **** don't make things very accessible to newbies.
Yeah it's definitely annoying, especially when abbreviations aren't explained.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
How long can such a concussion protocol last? I remember Crosby in last year playoffs he was much quicker back on the ice after a nasty hit on him against WSH such a dirty team.

We are playing against WSH tomorrow, let`s go!! And which remind us that we need a new PGT! @Loffen :)

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How long can such a concussion protocol last? I remember Crosby in last year playoffs he was much quicker back on the ice after a nasty hit on him against WSH such a dirty team.

We are playing against WSH tomorrow, let`s go!! And which remind us that we need a new PGT! @Loffen :)

Impossible to predict, waste of time to even try to discuss something that is so unpredictable.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'd take Carey over vesey tbh. I think Carey has gotten consistently better game in and game out...to the point where as a 4th liner im perfectly fine with him being in the lineup. He's turned himself from a mediocre emergency fill in to a reliable 45th liner with a good forcheck and a pretty underrated passing ability. He's made quite a few excellent passes.

Vesey knows 2 things...skate hard and turn pucks over. Right now vesey is the worst player in the lineup.

He's better than glass..so call it an upgrade over last year...but for a top 9 player he's legit awful. As a 4th liner hed just be crappy...as a top 9 I shudder every time he's on the ice.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Every player and every concussion is different. Some really nasty looking things end up being not a big deal (in terms of time missed, not long term health) and other minor-looking things can linger for extended periods of time. No way to predict, really. We just have to sit back and hope he recovers quickly.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

I have no doubt there's some useful, interesting information in that stuff, but they sure as **** don't make things very accessible to newbies.
It can be overwhelming at first, and when these analytics guys write articles they are writing it for those who understand the jargon. If you are patient and willing to learn, you can eventually grasp it.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I'd take Carey over vesey tbh. I think Carey has gotten consistently better game in and game out...to the point where as a 4th liner im perfectly fine with him being in the lineup. He's turned himself from a mediocre emergency fill in to a reliable 45th liner with a good forcheck and a pretty underrated passing ability. He's made quite a few excellent passes.

Vesey knows 2 things...skate hard and turn pucks over. Right now vesey is the worst player in the lineup.

He's better than glass..so call it an upgrade over last year...but for a top 9 player he's legit awful. As a 4th liner hed just be crappy...as a top 9 I shudder every time he's on the ice.

I'm glad someone sees the things from Carey that I've noticed.

Reactions: egelband

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Every player and every concussion is different. Some really nasty looking things end up being not a big deal (in terms of time missed, not long term health) and other minor-looking things can linger for extended periods of time. No way to predict, really. We just have to sit back and hope he recovers quickly.
Perfect example was Zucc.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Zucc also had a fractured skull..

I actually ended up with the same injuries that summer, was lucky enough to not be as severe but it says something when my first thought laying in the hospital was "I have the same injuries as Zucc!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad