Virginia
20170829_sell1.jpg
I love that movie.

Reactions: bl02

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Someone was injured
True, but it apparently wasn't revealed quickly enough. 0 chance the league goes back now and takes a second look despite concussions/head shots being exactly what the league wants to eliminate the most. It's ridiculous, but had he stayed down and left the game there no doubt would have been a closer look by the league.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Man 4 or 5 concussions thats not good, I hope this isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. I hope this isn't another Kariya or LaFontaine or Lindros.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Man 4 or 5 concussions thats not good, I hope this isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. I hope this isn't another Kariya or LaFontaine or Lindros.

How many concussions did he have prior to the Rangers signing him?
That would be telling. ..

Writing is on the wall

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There wouldn't really be anything to look at with the hit, IMO. As I said it pissed me off because he jumped into it, but it was a minor penalty and nothing more.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Like actually though. This is a much better idea than DD centering Kreids and Buch.
Yup, I know. He's had a month of pro hockey in North America now. Give him a call, put him with some skilled wingers and let him play a full game. Who knows, maybe he's more ready now after knowing what it takes and getting his feet a little more wet.

DD was good the other night, but do we want to count on him? I could see them not wanting to call Filip up if Zibanejad is only gonna be out a short time, not wanting to yank Chytil around and stuff. But if Zib is gonna be out for more than a week or so, why not give Chytil another handful of games and actually see what he can do? The 6 minutes a night he got in his couple games was a joke, how do you expect him to do anything or get comfortable like that?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
reminds me of Sean Avery's book which I'm almost finished with (great great book btw) basically today's athlete is by far way more advanced in speed, bulk and equipment but the human brain and internal organs are still the same as they were in 1875 when hockey first started being played. Shame about Zib...this season has been a catastrophe
The equipment is the biggest issue with concussions. Players, who are now stronger and faster than ever, can launch themselves full speed at another player and they know it won't hurt. Shoulder pads and elbow pads are so rock solid and thick now it's like crashing into someone with a suit of armor on. I saw the documentary Ice Guardians on netflix, good movie btw, and Jeff Marek made a good point that now with players as strong and fast as they are and equipment the way it is now these aren't body checks anymore how they used to be, now they're collisions. And that's true. If guys were wearing old school shoulder pads and elbow pads that were soft and smaller, they wouldn't be flying into players with reckless abandon the way they do now because it would hurt a lot more.

Reactions: egelband and Crease

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The good thing is that there are fewer of these lately but it still aggravates me every time. I don’t understand how some players - just a few now - get off injuring others. I mean, where’s the respect for fellow pros? How could a player do that to another player? I guess it’s a dog-eat-dog world for low talent players. But geez. The league should do more to discourage it.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
If you need a fill-in, you can just have Stepan back. We won't miss him at all in Arizona. 2020 5th rounder if you win the Cup this year?
You won't miss him? Sounds like he isn't being used properly he was our best two way center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad