Oct 23, 2014

pos helm

11_30_helm_hit_replay_zibanejad_.gif

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
That line combined for 9 points with DD centering it

Sure, but that's a small 'n'

Naslund and Bertuzzi did well with Morrison, doesn't mean that they wouldn't have done better with Eric Lindros.

But, if we were to be more positive, perhaps DD who struggles with speed and size but is a good playmaker might be the perfect complement for those two, in which case we could use Zibanejad between Miller and Vesey on return. Wishful thinking, perhaps.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So with this F'ing news, are we sellers again? Sorry trying to be funny but am upset with this. I hope it's not a long term thing. Mika had been blossoming into that 1c we were all hoping so hope this is only a tiny bump in the road.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
If he gets derailed, it would be consecutive years. Ugh. Last year, his fibula met the end boards.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Helm left his feet before initial contact so technically it's a penalty but it wasn't a huge hit. Unless it's egregious and/or results in an injury many of those are let go unfortunately. Sucks.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
How many has he had in his career I thought he only had one with Ottawa

Concussions aren't a black and white thing, tons of grey.

If you are talking about officially missing games due to the cause being listed as concussion, I think only one time in Ottawa and now this one.

Who truly knows how much Traumatic Brain Injury he has incurred in his career...

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Helm should have to answer the bell when we play Detroit again but we know that won't happen.
Meh, I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to get him to fight, we have guys who will drop the gloves. Kreider, Miller, Smith especially.

Problem is Helm doesn't fight, he's had ONE NHL fight and it was in the SCF in 2009 with Kunitz, but it was barely a fight, it was just a shoving scrum and Helm just turtled as Kunitz punched him. Zero chance he actually drops the gloves if challenged.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
reminds me of Sean Avery's book which I'm almost finished with (great great book btw) basically today's athlete is by far way more advanced in speed, bulk and equipment but the human brain and internal organs are still the same as they were in 1875 when hockey first started being played. Shame about Zib...this season has been a catastrophe

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Helm left his feet before initial contact so technically it's a penalty but it wasn't a huge hit. Unless it's egregious and/or results in an injury many of those are let go unfortunately. Sucks.
It DID result in an injury and the league just yawns. Let it be one of their marquee players and then they'd have thrown the book at Helm. I'm so sick of this favoritism of the league. They don't give a rip about most of these players.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Said this over the summer, fatal flaw of this lineup.

Zib goes down and they are absolutely up a creek. Throws the entire forward group in the gutter due to having 0 C depth.
There are a number of teams with the exact same problem. Many teams are trying to add to their center depth. I hope we are the lucky ones that can land some legitimate help at that position and soon.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Chris Johnston of Sportnet is on the NHL Network. He said it's the 4th or 5th documented concussion for Zibanejad dating back to his career in Sweden. The Rangers are going to very patient with Mika. They won't rush him back.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad