Rumor: Miikka Kiprusoff is open to a trade to Toronto.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Seems like I'm in the minority on this one, judging by the general concensus on this thread, but I feel a lot worse about the idea of the flames trading kipper over iginla.

Since he's came to the flames, he's been the sole reason why the flames have been in hundreds of games. The flames were routinely out shot and kipper stood on his head and game them a chance.

To see him be talked about being traded to a leaf team that doesn't seem to want him is what's bumming me out so much, or if they want him, they don't think he's worth anything more than a 3rd. I really wish there was a team out there that wanted to accept him with open arms, not a fan base that will turn on a player and not give them a chance to show everyone what he can do before all the hate starts flying.

I think that kipper has meant more to this team than anyone ever gives him credit for and I for one, will be very sad to see him go.

Likewise, I've always been a much bigger Kipper fan than Iggy, likely due to the amount of time he's saved our ass. I would like him to retire as a Flame, but I will also cheer for any team he joins (even the Leafs, ack!).

If it's to the Leafs, I'd rather it not be one of the picks with conditions for playoff advancement as the Leafs will likely be a one-and-done team. Like most, I suspect the return will only be like a 4th, hence not wanting to move him.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Just reading through here a lot of people are going to be disappointed on the return if Kipper gets traded.

Business of Sport

FranchiseCornerstone
Aug 7, 2010
Montreal
I would love to see Matt Frattin come back in any deal for Kipper. He's only 25, a good sized winger with a scoring touch, and has put up good numbers this year splitting time between the Leafs and Marlies, despite being sidelined with the knee injury. Alberta boy who'd provide the Flames with much-needed depth on the right side.. I'm sure the Leafs have figured him into their long-term plans, but with the amount of depth they have on the wing compared to the Flames, I'd like to believe Feaster is wise enough to at least inquire as to his availability. I don't think Kipper to the Leafs for Frattin and a 4th (at least as a deal base) is unreasonable, and I for one would be satisfied if Feaster could swing it.

Edit: Realistically, it would probably end up closer to being Kipper for Frattin + a 5th or 6th, but ultimately any deal that would send Kipper to the Leafs likely hinges on his plans beyond his current contract. Frattin alone doesn't get it done, but packaged with a low pick or prospect, and Feaster could have a chance to silence some of his detractors by actually getting a proven-to-be decent piece in return. Thoughts?

Last edited:

TylerSVT*

With the Flames playing tonight, wouldnt they have to recall someone quickly in order to have a backup play tonight?

no recall = No kipper deal IMO.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Kipper refuses the be traded will retire after the season as per Dreger on TSN trade center.

TylerSVT*

Flames get nothing for him which is brutal.

Cant even imagine what where we would be if we had rebuilt last year.

Good intellectual Honesty by Feaster...

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
The panel on Tradecentre just said Kipper doesn't want to be traded because of family reasons, and plans on retiring at season's end

WOuld he actually retire this summer you think?

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Flames get nothing for him which is brutal.

Cant even imagine what where we would be if we had rebuilt last year.

Good intellectual Honesty by Feaster...

The panel on Tradecentre just said Kipper doesn't want to be traded because of family reasons, and plans on retiring at season's end

WOuld he actually retire this summer you think?

He could be planning on just retiring from the NHL, and go to play in Finland

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Just told the Flames he'll no longer move. God dammit Kipper. I have lost all respect for you. You suck this year, and you gave yourself a no-trade clause. Thanks for screwing over the Flames. How about we just play JoeyMac from now on? That guy hasn't played bad yet!

Tweets: @SUNGilbertson
@DarrenDreger

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Just told the Flames he'll no longer move. God dammit Kipper. I have lost all respect for you. You suck this year, and you gave yourself a no-trade clause. Thanks for screwing over the Flames. How about we just play JoeyMac from now on? That guy hasn't played bad yet!

@DarrenDreger

... Seriously? :shakehead
OpoQQ.jpg

Aug 3, 2010
Welcome to HF where a players history doesn't matter and the fact that they have expressed their wishes to not move their family makes them a villain.
It's OK, jeben is not even from the Calgary area... being in Philly and not having a connection with players from 'your team' in the local community must really suck.

All the best to you, Kiprusoff to you and your family! :handclap:

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick

@DarrenDreger

I'm sure we'll all miss the 7th round pick:sarcasm:

Step away from the ledge and have some chips and dip or something.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Welcome to HF where a players history doesn't matter and the fact that they have expressed their wishes to not move their family makes them a villain.

Im not going to come in here and agree with him, and I understand Kiprusoff has to look out for his best interests here.

Lets be reality though, it is a selfish move, and im not saying is the wrong move for him but in the end it is selfish.

He still has a year on that contract and you can bet if it was for another $5M he would still be playing.

We now, get nothing for our franchise goalie because he was unwilling to go play 20 games in another sweater. If it's for family reasons its understandable, but it better not be a bunch of fluff then.

Has there been any more reports of issues with his wife or the baby? Last I heard there was some birth complications, so I hope all is well.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
It's OK, jeben is not even from the Calgary area... being in Philly and not having a connection with players from 'your team' in the local community must really suck.

All the best to you, Kiprusoff to you and your family! :handclap:

Probably doesn't help that the local sports team is a goaltender's equivalent to purgatory.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Im not going to come in here and agree with him, and I understand Kiprusoff has to look out for his best interests here.

Lets be reality though, it is a selfish move, and im not saying is the wrong move for him but in the end it is selfish.

He still has a year on that contract and you can bet if it was for another $5M he would still be playing.

We now, get nothing for our franchise goalie because he was unwilling to go play 20 games in another sweater. If it's for family reasons its understandable, but it better not be a bunch of fluff then.

Has there been any more reports of issues with his wife or the baby? Last I heard there was some birth complications, so I hope all is well.

Yes it is a selfish move but personally I think it is for the right reasons. I don't like the way it has happened but I like that he told management ahead of time that he wasn't sure he wanted to move for play much longer. We really wouldn't get much for him so I can't blame him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad