Rumor: Miikka Kiprusoff is open to a trade to Toronto.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
From a Leafs fan I guess there is a handshake or verbal agreement on an extension come July. Thats the only way this "adjustment" works.

If Kipper were to sign an extension with the Leafs and stay in the NHL beyond this season, Keenan's going to look pretty stupid. Well, even stupider than usual.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Leaf fan here... Is Kipper's stats due to him being on the Flames (no offense, I just don't know how to word it any other way) or is it him?

Is he left out to dry on most nights?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Leaf fan here... Is Kipper's stats due to him being on the Flames (no offense, I just don't know how to word it any other way) or is it him?

A little bit of both, he was pretty bad to start the season but after coming back from his injury hes been better, but the D has been awful.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

A little from column A, a little from column B.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
yeah good luck with that. No way we're giving up our first or a roster player. Probably a 3rd rounder or something.

It was a joke about how Flames trades so far include a 1st and players that fans, outside of the team that originally signed them, that nobody has heard of before.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Would you guys do something like

Gunner + Scrivens + Ross + 2nd + 3rd for Kipper and Gio?

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
Seems like I'm in the minority on this one, judging by the general concensus on this thread, but I feel a lot worse about the idea of the flames trading kipper over iginla.

Since he's came to the flames, he's been the sole reason why the flames have been in hundreds of games. The flames were routinely out shot and kipper stood on his head and game them a chance.

To see him be talked about being traded to a leaf team that doesn't seem to want him is what's bumming me out so much, or if they want him, they don't think he's worth anything more than a 3rd. I really wish there was a team out there that wanted to accept him with open arms, not a fan base that will turn on a player and not give them a chance to show everyone what he can do before all the hate starts flying.

I think that kipper has meant more to this team than anyone ever gives him credit for and I for one, will be very sad to see him go.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Seems like I'm in the minority on this one, judging by the general concensus on this thread, but I feel a lot worse about the idea of the flames trading kipper over iginla.

Since he's came to the flames, he's been the sole reason why the flames have been in hundreds of games. The flames were routinely out shot and kipper stood on his head and game them a chance.

To see him be talked about being traded to a leaf team that doesn't seem to want him is what's bumming me out so much, or if they want him, they don't think he's worth anything more than a 3rd. I really wish there was a team out there that wanted to accept him with open arms, not a fan base that will turn on a player and not give them a chance to show everyone what he can do before all the hate starts flying.

I think that kipper has meant more to this team than anyone ever gives him credit for and I for one, will be very sad to see him go.

They want him or they wouldn't be trading for him. Doesn't really matter what some fans think. Many Pens fans didn't want Iggy but hey what can you do.

We all love Kipper and what he did, but me personally have lost the sentiment. It's time to move on.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
This is a really sad week to be a Flames fan. :( Iginla and Kiprusoff gone... It will be really weird to watch games now.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'm guessing it's going to be Scrivens + conditional 3rd. (2nd if they win a playoff round.)

DoubleDose86

Nov 23, 2010
Toronto
People on the Leafs board feel it's been too quiet today, and perhaps it's bigger like the Phaneuf trade (came out of nowhere not quantity for quality)

How do Flames feel about this? do you feel the Leafs could get an extra player and who?

OT: where do you guys make the Flames Simpsons?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
People on the Leafs board feel it's been too quiet today, and perhaps it's bigger like the Phaneuf trade (came out of nowhere not quantity for quality)

How do Flames feel about this? do you feel the Leafs could get an extra player and who?

OT: where do you guys make the Flames Simpsons?
I don't think the Leafs want Stempniak back. Depends what you're looking for.

As for the avatars, go to thesimpsonsmovie.com and you can make them, then sweet talk a skilled photoshopper to put them on a template for you.

Thumper17

Jun 27, 2011
With Feasters current track record, and our history of being bent over by Toronto.

Kipprusoff for a 5th.

Book it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad