Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I gave up on F1 21 and F1 22 lol way too hard with a controller or maybe it's the XBox controller. I went with Forza Motorsport which was more driveable. F1 2012 on the PS3 with a controller is still fine for me.

Also, anyone know of any controllers where the analogue stick position is switched to Playstation style oustide of the 8BitDo Pro 2 one?

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I'm looking forward to seeing Avowed, hopefully we get a release date. Ara might be interesting as well though I never play these Civilization clones for very long. I don't really care about the other two games.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I gave up on F1 21 and F1 22 lol way too hard with a controller or maybe it's the XBox controller. I went with Forza Motorsport which was more driveable. F1 2012 on the PS3 with a controller is still fine for me.

F1 23 is apparently much better on a controller than 22 or 21.

A wheel does make the game a lot more fun though, I would definitely recommend looking into it if you're really into sim racing games and have the space for it.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm actually pretty excited for this direct, mainly because I was a big fan of MachineGames work with Wolfenstein, and I was a big fan of the original Indiana Jones trilogy. It seems rumored to be coming out in 2024. Really curious to see what they do, as previously all their games have been 1st person and this title seems more geared toward being 3rd person. I'm sure I'll check out Avowed and the other titles if they are good, but Indiana Jones (and whatever iD does next) has been by far the game in Microsoft's pipeline for years that has me the most interested.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Also, anyone know of any controllers where the analogue stick position is switched to Playstation style oustide of the 8BitDo Pro 2 one?
It's not you. I stopped playing F1 22 for that reason.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So Square decides to give a deeper dive on Visions of Mana on an xbox showcase of all things while simultaneously not being able to decide if they care about the console enough to port stuff to it.

Like it makes no sense. You don't give xbox the FF pixel remasters while 7-13 are available on it but then decide Crisis Core is worth porting? Not to mention Xbox doesn't have Secret, Trials or Legend of Mana but will get this?

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
So Square decides to give a deeper dive on Visions of Mana on an xbox showcase of all things while simultaneously not being able to decide if they care about the console enough to port stuff to it.

Like it makes no sense. You don't give xbox the FF pixel remasters while 7-13 are available on it but then decide Crisis Core is worth porting? Not to mention Xbox doesn't have Secret, Trials or Legend of Mana but will get this?
Agreed, it makes no sense

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm excited for Indy just because I love the IP (well atleast the first 3 films) and I'm excited to spend more time in that universe. While I get all the Bethesda related studios (iD, Arkane, MachineGames) are pretty much exclusively make first person games, it's definitely a choice to make this style of game first person as you would think it would be more in the Tomb Raider/Uncharted mold. Hopefully, they get it out this year, with Wolverine seemingly delayed it's probably the game coming out this year I'm most interested in.

Avowed and Hellblade I might check out just due to them being on gamepass, but I feel fatigued on those since they've been showing them for 4 years now. Hopefully, they exceed my expectations, although Avowed isn't really my type of game (non-shooting WRPG), although Hellblade is more up my ally. Don't know why they bothered with that Square Enix game at a developer direct, I get it if they were getting something like Final Fantasy 16 or Final Fantasy 7 remake. Also a choice to show off a PC only game with Ara, but I see that Xbox Game Studios is the publisher.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Hyped for the three big ones, but not sure Hellblade will be my type of game. I trust Obsidian with Avowed.

I know I was seeing Harrison Ford, but was I hearing him? Funny they didn’t address that part, but that game looks fun. I also like that they didn’t acknowledge the new movies lol

Square game was shown because it’s the first Mana game to ever come to Xbox. Fans want Japanese games and they’re just showing they’re committed to it.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Avowed looks pretty good, though I wish they would have shown more of the RPG mechanics.

The other 3 games did not really interest me. I may try out Ara on a deep discount but Hellblade and Indiana Jones are not for me at all.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Also, making Indy first person (mostly) is an easy way to just avoid being looked at as a knock-off of those games.
Yeah, I'm just curious how that style of game will playout in first person. I'm a huge fan of the IP and I love MachineGames work on Wolfenstein. I really hope it lands, as those plus Doom were the titles that were giving me fomo when MS bought Bethesda, most of the otherstuff wasn't really a big deal to me. Since then I've built a PC and have game pass ultimate for like another 26 months.

While I see making it first person could be a choice to avoid being viewed as a knockoff, I'd also think it may just be familiarity with that style of game design, and I would think the game is likely being made in whatever iteration of the iD (aka Quake) engine we are on. The other thing is, I don't see Naughty Dog going back to Uncharted anytime soon, and the company that owns the Tomb Raider IP right now seems to be a mess, so it wouldn't shock me if we don't see either of those franchises in the 9th gen of consoles.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I want to be excited for Avowed, but I'm not sure a modern Skyrim is what the doctor ordered. I hope I'm wrong.

I kind of wish we just got PoE3 instead, but I might be in the minority there.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I want to be excited for Avowed, but I'm not sure a modern Skyrim is what the doctor ordered. I hope I'm wrong.

I kind of wish we just got PoE3 instead, but I might be in the minority there.
It looks good tbh, a super condensed take on Skyrim like they did with outer worlds is just what the doctor ordered.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It looks good tbh, a super condensed take on Skyrim like they did with outer worlds is just what the doctor ordered.

I'm a big fan of Outer Worlds, but I'm not sure how well it translates to the Skyrim formula.

Again, hope I'm wrong. Love Obsidian's work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad