Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The problem with the game is that the map is empty. When I say empty I’m not saying there isn’t a bunch of collectibles or side missions, I mean that there aren’t even very many enemies on the map.
I haven’t played it but that was one of the things in the update from the patch notes. They increased population and vampire spawns around the map.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Does Xbox have a November showcase? I keep waiting to hear news about Age of Mythology and the Age of Empires mobile game and it's been silence since nearly a full calendar year at this point.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
So with the new change to xbox gold what do I need to be able to use my online account for playing on xbox and pc? I do NOT use nor have I in the past used game pass to play games i dont own. Im not even interested in the free games aspect because i play very limited amounts of xbox games as ps5 is my main console

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So with the new change to xbox gold what do I need to be able to use my online account for playing on xbox and pc? I do NOT use nor have I in the past used game pass to play games i dont own. Im not even interested in the free games aspect because i play very limited amounts of xbox games as ps5 is my main console

They pretty much converted Gold to game pass. Even last year when I purchased Gold Xbox Live card they converted that to game pass.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

This article has a chart that explains the different Game Pass tiers pretty well - sounds like the Core version is what you are looking for

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
This article has a chart that explains the different Game Pass tiers pretty well - sounds like the Core version is what you are looking for

Problem is this doesnt explain what im asking because it mentions Netflix type ala ultimate. I see no mention for those who want to play using both an xbox and a gaming pc. For some reason none of the people that mention all the tiers mention people only needing access to online for both.

the stupid free games aspect is too focused on these discussions.
Console and PC Game Pass are self-explanatory. These should be picked by those who only have an Xbox console or a gaming PC.

On the other hand, if you want what is the equivalent to "Netflix for video games," then Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is an easy choice.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Problem is this doesnt explain what im asking because it mentions Netflix type ala ultimate. I see no mention for those who want to play using both an xbox and a gaming pc. For some reason none of the people that mention all the tiers mention people only needing access to online for both.

the stupid free games aspect is too focused on these discussions.
You need Game Pass Core to play online on Xbox. PC multiplayer is free.

They essentially renamed Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Core and replaced Games with Gold with the Game Pass Core library of games. Nothing else has changed.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
You need Game Pass Core to play online on Xbox. PC multiplayer is free.

They essentially renamed Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Core and replaced Games with Gold with the Game Pass Core library of games. Nothing else has changed.

So i can use steam to play gears 5 and i dont need any type of game pass?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Okay, that's a big get for MS. An Arkane Blade game.

No word yet on whether it is actually going to be Xbox exclusive.

But with Spiderman and Wolverine being exclusive to Playstation, i wouldn't be surprised to see Blade be an Xbox exclusive.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

But with Spiderman and Wolverine being exclusive to Playstation, i wouldn't be surprised to see Blade be an Xbox exclusive.
Arkane is owned by Bethesda, which is owned by MS. I dont think MS would develop the game if it wasnt exclusive.

Reactions: Jussi and 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I'd be shocked if it isn't PC/Xbox exclusive. I believe it's been confirmed that MachineGames Indiana Jones game is also now console exclusive.

I'm curious to see how Arkane does this. It doesn't seem like their style of game that they excel at (creative first person shooters/immersive sims), but I don't think MS has an internal studio who are obvious choice in making this type of game. Maybe Ninja Theory, but they gotta figure out how to get Hellblade out.

Arkane is interesting in that until Redfall their games are almost always critical darlings with a cult-like fanbase but never sell particularly great (Dishonoured Series, Deathloop, Prey).

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I'd be shocked if it isn't PC/Xbox exclusive. I believe it's been confirmed that MachineGames Indiana Jones game is also now console exclusive.

I'm curious to see how Arkane does this. It doesn't seem like their style of game that they excel at (creative first person shooters/immersive sims), but I don't think MS has an internal studio who are obvious choice in making this type of game. Maybe Ninja Theory, but they gotta figure out how to get Hellblade out.

Arkane is interesting in that until Redfall their games are almost always critical darlings with a cult-like fanbase but never sell particularly great (Dishonoured Series, Deathloop, Prey).

It will probably just play like Dishonored, except with a Marvel skin. ;)

Hopefully players give Arkane another chance after the Redfall fiasco.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It should be mandatory to have a manual save function in open world type of games.

When it comes to glitches, just having auto save can really f*** up your experience when playing a game.

It just did for me in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. Having no manual save function really f***ed me over cause i just ran into a f***ing game breaking glitch where i would have to restart the game if i wanted to continue playing it.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
So I got my notification from XBox about my year end review, I don't remember ever seeing one of them before, the Switch has done it over the years and tells you how many games you play and how many hours etc. so to have a similar thing from Xbox didn't seem too crazy.

Somehow Xbox said I played a total of 51 hours all year, and 41 were on Starfield, while I also played 7 hours of MLB the Show and an hour each of two others.

Last time I checked I was over 105 hours on Starfield, and I know I played the Show for a month pretty solid, and 15-25 hrs on Dead Island 2

For all the fears of tech companies spying on us and stealing our info, we can all at least rest easy knowing Microsoft is not a legitimate threat

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I there’s something weird going on with the Xbox Countdown sale. I just bought the digital deluxe edition of Dead Space remake for $9.99 CAD. Its usually $99.99.

What makes it extra weird is that the standard edition, which is usually $79.99 is only marked down to $35.99.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I there’s something weird going on with the Xbox Countdown sale. I just bought the digital deluxe edition of Dead Space remake for $9.99 CAD. Its usually $99.99.

What makes it extra weird is that the standard edition, which is usually $79.99 is only marked down to $35.99.
There's a bunch of sales happening now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad