Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021

This showcase is going to be really interesting, especially since the last years one was a one-year roadmap. This is an encouraging sign!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Halo Master Chief Collection at its lowest price ever. I recommend the steam version, for some reason the Xbox app/windows store version forces you to download every single game where the steam version version treats every games an individual DLC that can’t be downloaded by itself.

Also it’s not a play anywhere title sadly so there’s no point in buying it on the Xbox app if you’re a pc and Xbox gamer.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Vibes seem really good around Xbox heading into this Showcase. If Xbox even shows half of what’s rumoured, they’re winning the Showcase battle this summer.

Any big guesses for tomorrow? I'm hoping Fable shows up, and since it'll be on GP day 1, a release date for Eiyuden Chronicles would be swell.
Not sure if it’s a reputable source, but saw today that Fable and Avowed will be there. Motorsport is a lock, I think Hellblade 2 and Avowed are very likely. Not sure about Fable, though. We’ll see.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Spencer said Hellblade and Avowed are the next two exclusives to hit after Starfield and Forza, so I imagine they’re there.

I wonder if we finally see what some of those smaller studios like inExile and Compulsion games are working on.

Reactions: JimmyApples

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Live Gold to GPU conversion has been changed from 1:1 to 3:2. Meaning 3 years of Gold will get you 2 years of GPU. Still a better deal than buying two years of GPU straight up.
R.I.P. to me. My Gamepass ran out and I thought about doing it. Tbh it feels like a waste to have both PS Plus and Gamepass anyways.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Curious to see what this means for the current conversion trick. Glad I got my 3 years, maybe 6 months back.
I’d imagine the conversion trick will close sooner rather than later (I’d guess by the end of the summer tbh). Not sure if you saw up a few posts ago the conversion trick has already lessened - 3:2 now.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They will be going into a landfill with all of the Atari 2600 ET cartridges
I mean codes that were purchased but not used yet. My GPU runs out on January 29th and I bought 12 months of Gold last week in preparation for that, with the intent to buy two more years later as the price had dropped to 38 euros at the time. They're currently at 36ish euros at the online store that I bought it from.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I mean codes that were purchased but not used yet. My GPU runs out on January 29th and I bought 12 months of Gold last week in preparation for that, with the intent to buy two more years later as the price had dropped to 38 euros at the time. They're currently at 36ish euros at the online store that I bought it from.
I’d imagine your Gold will redeem for one year of GPC. Same price so that makes sense to me.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
That's what I'm thinking but I'll hold off for official clarification before buying more.
Definitely. Can you add the year of Gold onto your current subscription right now, before it converts over to GPC in September?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad