Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Best Buy Canada has a ton left, if anyone is looking still.

I mean... this is what I got from Best buy since 11:00EST and am still getting now:
upload_2020-9-22_12-47-56.png

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The chaos of the whole situation probably played a role in it. Amazon’s Series X preorder started an hour later than it was supposed too. People just grabbing the first thing they see.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
More like illiterate people... I checked a couple retailers/stores over here, it's impossible to mix the two up. And One X isn't even on sale anymore.
or a combination of both. or parents not recognizing the difference. either way, its not a smart move to name the consoles so similar to each other. People have been saying this for a while

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Bots probably bought them up. Someone on twitter said it was probably people sloppy with their code. Good, screw them.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Seems like the series x is selling fast but in many countries, the S is everywhere. I thought it would be selling better. I know it’s for “casuals” though and it’s bots and hardcore fans buying the X. I’m sure the holiday season will be nuts for the S though. At that price it has to.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Seems like the series x is selling fast but in many countries, the S is everywhere. I thought it would be selling better. I know it’s for “casuals” though and it’s bots and hardcore fans buying the X. I’m sure the holiday season will be nuts for the S though. At that price it has to.
I'm sure it will do well, but I would think the "casuals" just want whats best of the new consoles. I've already talked to a couple of ppl who were asking me the differences were and none of them were interested in the S because they didn't want the inferior console.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
If you can afford to preorder a console and plan $500+ as holiday sales ramp up... I would guess you're probably not the market for the Series S.

Basically everyone rushed to the console with the better specs and as holiday season picks up and the Series S launches I expect that will pick up as teenagers, young adults in school, young families, large portions of the middle class, etc... pick it up as value at $299.99. Without even mentioning other countries where the Series S will be attainable for a much larger percentage of the population.

I know a few people looking into the future and the Xbox Series S is definitely on their mind as their finances are tight. They're waiting for more news on the All Access.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
I decided to get the S for the sole purpose of being a game pass machine and a way to play with some friends since a bunch of them are on xbox. I'll be getting the PS5 for third party games/exclusives and didn't see the need to have both that run 4k. If I was only getting one console I'd definitely go with the Series X though.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I decided to get the S for the sole purpose of being a game pass machine and a way to play with some friends since a bunch of them are on xbox. I'll be getting the PS5 for third party games/exclusives and didn't see the need to have both that run 4k. If I was only getting one console I'd definitely go with the Series X though.

Why would you get a PS5 for third party games?

Anyways I skipped Xbox this generation but will most likely get one when Infinite comes out.... whenever that is

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Why would you get a PS5 for third party games?

Anyways I skipped Xbox this generation but will most likely get one when Infinite comes out.... whenever that is

For of the 4K benefits I won't get on the S. Main reason for the ps5 is the exclusives and backlog of games I already have though

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The Xbox One X was $299 US with a Jedi Fallen Order Bundle all spring and summer, I would guess that it actually moved a significant amount of units before and possibly during covid.

I dont think the type of person to pre-order a console the first day pre-orders are available is likely to confuse the two, but I could see a decent amount of parents looking at amazon over the next several weeks being pretty confused.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The Xbox One X was $299 US with a Jedi Fallen Order Bundle all spring and summer, I would guess that it actually moved a significant amount of units before and possibly during covid.

I dont think the type of person to pre-order a console the first day pre-orders are available is likely to confuse the two, but I could see a decent amount of parents looking at amazon over the next several weeks being pretty confused.

I can see it, when I clicked on the Xbox Seris X ordering page yesterday it suggested the 1X instead.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
hearing some stories of people trying to pre order the All Access pass and getting approved only for the console to be sold out, thus resulting in a credit hit to you credit score unless you are able to secure the transaction within 30 days. Think I'm just going to wait until after release to get my console.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
hearing some stories of people trying to pre order the All Access pass and getting approved only for the console to be sold out, thus resulting in a credit hit to you credit score unless you are able to secure the transaction within 30 days. Think I'm just going to wait until after release to get my console.

It didn't occur for these people to check for console availability before purchase?

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Put my name in the list of people that think Xbox has the worst naming system ever. Xbox One X to Xbox Series X. How does that even pass the initial brainstorm meeting?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Put my name in the list of people that think Xbox has the worst naming system ever. Xbox One X to Xbox Series X. How does that even pass the initial brainstorm meeting?

XOX to XSX. How difficult can it be? This is what happens when you put a parent to do a child's job. Can't even buy the right console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad