Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Wont start and the brick is fine. Just picked up a One S, but to my surprise, there's no connection for the Kinect.

I vaguely remember that (there is no connection for the Kinect). You can get an adapter I believe for the Kinect.

Yup...
https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Kinect-...qid=1501086765&sr=8-3&keywords=kinect+adapter

Kind of a pain in the butt. But good news! There is a noticeable difference between the One and One S as far as loading times I have noticed. Graphics... smidge better on the One S. And hey, you can now watch 4K Blu-rays!

But I know it sucks when a console dies.

IronMosher

I R Sharks Fan
Aug 5, 2003
Waddletown, PA
Visit site
I vaguely remember that (there is no connection for the Kinect). You can get an adapter I believe for the Kinect.

Yup...
https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Kinect-...qid=1501086765&sr=8-3&keywords=kinect+adapter

Kind of a pain in the butt. But good news! There is a noticeable difference between the One and One S as far as loading times I have noticed. Graphics... smidge better on the One S. And hey, you can now watch 4K Blu-rays!

So true, but I do love new electronics :)

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Dead Rising 4 apparently was a massive flop. Was not listied in Capcoms financial earnings indicating it didn't even sell a million copies. Potentially a franchise killer.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Dead rising was never that good. And they might have barely scratched 1 mil.

I heard it was a really mediocore game at best

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Dead Rising 4 apparently was a massive flop. Was not listied in Capcoms financial earnings indicating it didn't even sell a million copies. Potentially a franchise killer.

Sold 650,000 on XO. PC numbers are not released.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
FiOS is finally expanding a few feet in the coming months so I can get them before the XB1X comes out, really excited to have more reliable internet right around the time my downloads will be skyrocketing due to file sizes.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced it, but I can barely play competitive games these days because of Comcast. In Overwatch every ~5-10 games I drop mid-game. A couple have been at the end so I couldn't rejoin quickly enough. Plus every game I get 1-2 lag spikes where I DC from the server and have to wait for the game to catch up, but fortunately don't get booted.

It's been getting worse since last year, but Comcast is just awfully unreliable even after two service calls.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Any recommendations on racing games for the Xbox One? Something as authentic as possible

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Any recommendations on racing games for the Xbox One? Something as authentic as possible

Most people would say Forza. I really like F1 as far as realistic. Project Cars in on X1 and many swear by it as far as authentic. When I got it during release it was glitchy as hell. Microsoft actual refunded the digital purchase for me.

Forza will have the largest selection of cars and tracks.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Forza is great but if you enjoy sims and racing like F1. Pick up last year's for like $15 in the store. It's not a $60 game but it's really fun with the full slate of F1 tracks, timing your pitstops...ect. Forza as far as online racing is more arcade... there is no damage so it's a complete cluster **** of people running in to each other at every corner.

Time trials is much better.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So my controller joystick twists and turns like it's a screwdriver. The only problem I see when googling is drifting. It's not broken it just twists. Is there a fix?

Would joystick caps help? It just seems to be the top of the joystick/right under it. Not the base part

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So my controller joystick twists and turns like it's a screwdriver. The only problem I see when googling is drifting. It's not broken it just twists. Is there a fix?

Would joystick caps help? It just seems to be the top of the joystick/right under it. Not the base part

Not sure, these things don't last too long with repeated use. I do drop mine quite a bit. I always get the BB warranty.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Wow. The new guide looks awful. So does the new home (at least I can understand that one). The community page looks worse as well imo

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Wow. The new guide looks awful. So does the new home (at least I can understand that one). The community page looks worse as well imo

Call me crazy but I liked the day 1 guide. Though I do like using the bumper to go to different sections. However that first guide was so clean. It was great!

I hated once the xbox button just put an overlay on the left side, I liked it better when it zoomed out into its own tile.

But to each their own I guess. #FirstWorldProblems.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Call me crazy but I liked the day 1 guide. Though I do like using the bumper to go to different sections. However that first guide was so clean. It was great!

I hated once the xbox button just put an overlay on the left side, I liked it better when it zoomed out into its own tile.

But to each their own I guess. #FirstWorldProblems.

Day one was okay. I like the guide they have now (except when it goes super slow). If you know how to work it you can invite your friends in 1.5 seconds. This new one means you have to press extra buttons

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Crackdown 3, the last halfway decent exclusive they had going for them is now delayed until 2018. :laugh:

Like, i can't complain since i bought my console to play with friends/play multiplats but i can't help but get annoyed when i see actually interesting exclusives like Horizon and Zelda and look at the tumbleweed that represents MS's first party lineup.

Edit: Sources from IGN are saying there's a legitimate worry Crackdown 3 might get cancelled altogether out of Microsoft being very displeased with how it looks so far. Lovely.

Last edited:

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Yup...

It's a bit annoying if you actually use Kinect every day like I do. I use it to turn my TV on and off, change the channel, and turn the volume. I have no reason to ever touch my converter.

Zombie games in general are getting old. They were never particularly good either. Dead Rising 3 didn't seem that great so I'm not sure why they pushed out a fourth one so fast.

Crackdown 3, the last halfway decent exclusive they had going for them is now delayed until 2018. :laugh:

Like, i can't complain since i bought my console to play with friends/play multiplats but i can't help but get annoyed when i see actually interesting exclusives like Horizon and Zelda and look at the tumbleweed that represents MS's first party lineup.

Edit: Sources from IGN are saying there's a legitimate worry Crackdown 3 might get cancelled altogether out of Microsoft being very displeased with how it looks so far. Lovely.

Where on IGN? It doesn't say it in their article on the delay.

My perspective on this is that the delay is fine, as are delays in general. A lot of great games have been. To me I don't think it will get cancelled, it was one of Microsoft's cornerstone games at E3 and while people thought it didn't look great visually they thought it was fun. Not my kind of game so I won't buy it anyway, but I can't see a cost-benefit analysis suggesting they'll lose less if they cancel it. The fairly lengthy response addressing why it was delayed should be taken as a sign that it won't be cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad