NCAA: Michigan spying scandal / Harbaugh accepts remaining suspension

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
FBI investigating a former UM assistant in an unrelated case, seems like a real lack of institutional control up there

I'm sure that whatever the FBI is investigating up there is something that every other team does as well lol.

(end sarcasm)

Sep 19, 2008
the NCAA is the worst. From Tez Walker to taking 6 years to find Bill Self "guilty" of level 3 misdemeanors (they tagged him with several serious violations 6 years ago!) they should be removed. Justice, my ass.

Yet they have the unmitigated gall to judge from their "high horses" what is permissible and what isn't. Go f*** yaself NCAA.

Nobody should believe a word the NCAA claims about any type of violation. It's all fake news.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
the NCAA is the worst. From Tez Walker to taking 6 years to find Bill Self "guilty" of level 3 misdemeanors (they tagged him with several serious violations 6 years ago!) they should be removed. Justice, my ass.

Yet they have the unmitigated gall to judge from their "high horses" what is permissible and what isn't. Go f*** yaself NCAA.

Nobody should believe a word the NCAA claims about any type of violation. It's all fake news.

Dude, Michigan is hiring military people to work off-books and having staffers hack computers.

They are the North Korea of the NCAA.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
What about the B1G, other schools, and independent reporting that doesn't rely on just taking the NCAA's word for it?

There has been hard evidence presented. In what way is it fake?

Reactions: DaveG and DaaaaB's

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
UM goes:

8-5-2017
10-3-2018
9-4-2019
2-4-2020

As of 2020, Never beat tOSU----and then

Stalions starts working for UM (starts illegally attending games)

Mike Weiss hired by UM (starts hacking opponents computers)
12-2-2021
13-1-2022
8-0-2023
Yup. It is a clear causation for their success. It has nothing to do with having a core of experienced offensive linemen that were the best in the nation two years in a row, along with two elite edge rushers on each side with Aidan Hutchinson and David Ojabo. A rotation of Hassan Haskins, Blake Corum, and Donovan Edwards. A dual threat QB who is the most physically gifted they have ever had in J.J. McCarthy.

I'm not going to deny the accusations like many of the bandwagon Michigan fans (it is conclusive that they were stealing signs with illegal tactics), but Michigan is better than every team in the nation with the exception of Georgia. You try to stack the box to contain Corum/Edwards - McCarthy will exploit the defence with his passing game. The defence is deep at every position besides nickle/corner. Go watch a few drives and tell me how guys like Mason Graham, Kris Jenkins, Will Johnson, Mike Sainristil, Braiden McGregor, Junior Colson, Michael Barrett and Kenneth Grant only benefit from having their coordinator/coaches elaborately steal signs. There's a reason why the NFL has selected so many players from Michigan's defence over the years; they're very f***ing good.

If you want to make the claim that Michigan's success is directly because of how they steal signs, then go ahead. If you watch the Buckeyes, you would know that Ohio State has had an exploitable offensive-line and secondary over the years. How many times did the Buckeyes screw themselves over with cover zero? It directly resulted in two wide open Cornelius Johnson tds last season.

Reactions: LT

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I’m sure this is Josh McDaniels last hurrah in Vegas, Mark Davis will ship a shitload if money to Jim and be the Raiders head coach.

Mark Davis needs to sell the team, this man is a f***ing moron.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I’m sure this is Josh McDaniels last hurrah in Vegas, Mark Davis will ship a shitload if money to Jim and be the Raiders head coach.

Mark Davis needs to sell the team, this man is a f***ing moron.
As long as they are in Vegas it will be great that their owner is a moron.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008

So sad a once proud sporting publication has to turn to "clicks" like this. Seem "familiar"?

1698694510616.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: PanthersPens62

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

“Two weeks ago I sat here with you and made the biggest mistake of my professional career: I gave Jim Harbaugh the benefit of the doubt,” Finebaum said Wednesday morning on ESPN’s Get Up. “Never again. I thought it was too early to come down on him. It’s not too early anymore. It’s actually getting very late for him.”

“And the fact that the Big Ten has not done anything yet is inexcusable. That’s the only mechanism to stop this train, and quite frankly a lot of people think it should be stopped. It’s up to Tony Pettiti, the new Big Ten commissioner, to step in. They’re the only people with jurisdiction.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Honestly, how much longer can nothing be done?

"We obviously are aware of a picture floating around with the sign stealer guy," McElwain said. "Our people are doing everything they can to get to the bottom of it. We were totally unaware of it. I certainly don't condone it in any way, shape or form. I do know that his name was on none of the passes that were let out. We keep tracing it back and tracing it back and try to figure it out. It's in good hands with our people. There's no place in football for that."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Honestly, how much longer can nothing be done?

"We obviously are aware of a picture floating around with the sign stealer guy," McElwain said. "Our people are doing everything they can to get to the bottom of it. We were totally unaware of it. I certainly don't condone it in any way, shape or form. I do know that his name was on none of the passes that were let out. We keep tracing it back and tracing it back and try to figure it out. It's in good hands with our people. There's no place in football for that."
How did he get in is the question

Reactions: DaveG and LT

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

Two weeks ago I sat here with you and made the biggest mistake of my professional career: I gave Jim Harbaugh the benefit of the doubt,” Finebaum said Wednesday morning on ESPN’s Get Up. “Never again. I thought it was too early to come down on him. It’s not too early anymore. It’s actually getting very late for him.”

“And the fact that the Big Ten has not done anything yet is inexcusable. That’s the only mechanism to stop this train, and quite frankly a lot of people think it should be stopped. It’s up to Tony Pettiti, the new Big Ten commissioner, to step in. They’re the only people with jurisdiction.
As someone of the opinion that based on what we knew right off the bat that this would be a very big deal, the idea that waiting until you had more facts before forming an opinion is the biggest mistake of your career says a lot about your career. And you can apply to this to so many hot take artists out there today.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad