NCAA: Michigan spying scandal / Harbaugh accepts remaining suspension

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Nice headline by ESPN this morning in the debate shows about "Did Michigan win or did Alabama lose"

Before the game they tried to push what OSU, Wisconsin, Iowa and Penn St did like it had any effect on Michigan vs. Bama. Ohio St had a 3rd string true freshman under center who was playing HS football in South Dakota last year, and didn't have the best talent in the sport playing, and they tried to use that game to push their narrative of SEC domination.

Michigan was clearly the better team last night, the only reason it went to OT was because of special teams, and this is what they run with.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Nice headline by ESPN this morning in the debate shows about "Did Michigan win or did Alabama lose"

Before the game they tried to push what OSU, Wisconsin, Iowa and Penn St did like it had any effect on Michigan vs. Bama. Ohio St had a 3rd string true freshman under center who was playing HS football in South Dakota last year, and didn't have the best talent in the sport playing, and they tried to use that game to push their narrative of SEC domination.

Michigan was clearly the better team last night, the only reason it went to OT was because of special teams, and this is what they run with.
ESPN is trash

• Love
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Alabama had 2 short fields for their 2 TDs. They could not go the long field against Michigan. Michigans 3 TD drives were long drives. The better team won the game

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Just what you're gonna get from ESPN now since they can shit on the Big Ten until they can get their media rights back. Will be interesting to see how they cover this over the next week with one in the Big Ten and the other going there.

Just glad that with Alabama losing, we don't have to get those guys crowing about they vindicated the committee, like anyone cares about their feelings.

Sep 19, 2008
Interesting that members of the media are starting to backtrack on their critique of Michigan.

First "Pete" Finebaum retracted his comments and said a Michigan title would "not be tainted".

Now Stu and Wasserman are starting to recant.

Mandel's Mailbag: Would a Michigan national championship be tainted?

Stewart Mandel admits that a Michigan national championship would not be tainted, because even if you believed the Signgate "garbage" (my word, not his), the team won the biggest games (Penn St., Ohio St., Iowa, Alabama) after it broke, so there would be no advantage anyways.

Wasserman: Michigan's win over Alabama and the death of the super team

Ari Wasserman admits that he was wrong believing that Stars trumped everything. Six months ago, he would've thought this CFP final would be impossible, but Michigan beat multiple superteams, showing that scouting and development can trump Stars. He still thinks Stars are more important, but Michigan showed you can overcome that. He gives credit to Washington as well, while admitting that they did not have to beat the same caliber of teams that Michigan did.

• Haha
Reactions: DaaaaB's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When you beat the SEC, they can’t talk shit in you anymore.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Interesting that members of the media are starting to backtrack on their critique of Michigan.

First "Pete" Finebaum retracted his comments and said a Michigan title would "not be tainted".

Now Stu and Wasserman are starting to recant.

Mandel's Mailbag: Would a Michigan national championship be tainted?

Stewart Mandel admits that a Michigan national championship would not be tainted, because even if you believed the Signgate "garbage" (my word, not his), the team won the biggest games (Penn St., Ohio St., Iowa, Alabama) after it broke, so there would be no advantage anyways.

Wasserman: Michigan's win over Alabama and the death of the super team

Ari Wasserman admits that he was wrong believing that Stars trumped everything. Six months ago, he would've thought this CFP final would be impossible, but Michigan beat multiple superteams, showing that scouting and development can trump Stars. He still thinks Stars are more important, but Michigan showed you can overcome that. He gives credit to Washington as well, while admitting that they did not have to beat the same caliber of teams that Michigan did.
Weird that you're trying to imply some guy saying "I didn't think this team would be that good, but I was wrong" is somehow saying "I was wrong and the evidence was false and they didn't cheat"

Also, this isn't some trial by combat. Winning a couple games doesn't change the evidence that is out there. They still cheated.

Reactions: DaaaaB's
Sep 19, 2008
National champions :)

NCAA try and f***ing take this shit away. Try and sanction us boy.

Feels good man.

Sep 19, 2008

Seems bizarre to me for someone to insist that they get an immunity clause into a contract for an event in the past that didn't happen.
let me know when sparty wins one. national champion wolverines.

I'm fine with this clause. the NCAA and big ten are out to get him. probably going to force him to leave college. don't think for a second sparty will be back though...😂

• Haha
Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
let me know when sparty wins one. national champion wolverines.

I'm fine with this clause. the NCAA and big ten are out to get him. probably going to force him to leave college. don't think for a second sparty will be back though...😂
lol.

Ever have such a bad argument for the matter at hand that you just randomly throw insults at a team the other person MIGHT be a fan of?

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad