NCAA: Michigan spying scandal / Harbaugh accepts remaining suspension

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I love Love how all the Ohio State fan sites and their "journalists" are running with this story from a local Columbus TV station, when they completely ignored the story the largest paper in town (Columbus Dispatch) reported that OSU had completely changed their signs before last seasons game. And we know why, they didn't want to contradict what 95% of their fanbase (and their paying customers) so desperately want to believe, that 2021 and 2022 were a result of sign-stealing. So instead of covering that factual information they buried their heads in the sand, collectively choosing what they want to cover. It's a complete lack of journalistic integrity.

They could talk about the failures of their own players and coaches. People like Marc Givler, 11W etc were all to happy to crap on players like Gary, Peppers, Henne, Hart etc. because they didn't win a game in the rivalry. Now that the shoe is on the other foot they won't discuss why their vaunted "Once in a generation" recruiting class of 2021 with MHJr, JTT, Sawyer, Henderson, Jackson, McCord, Egbuka etc are 0-3. Or they could discuss how they lost one 5-star recruit this week, and are poised to lose another. Na, they just want to try and continue to push the nonsense that they only lost because of sign stealing. It's as disgraceful and sad as "Michigan vs. the World"

And just to add, I've lived this rivalry for over 20 years now. When OSU had wins vacated in 2010 I never remember either of these things happening.

1. Ohio St. fans not claiming 2010 as a win in the rivalry
2. Michigan fans not claiming 2010 as a loss in the rivalry.

Yet, just about every Buckeye I come across is all-in with this angle. From the "journalists" who cover the team, to people on twitter, to people I come across out and about at O'Hare, Costco, NHL games. Or most notably from fans before, during and especially after the game on Saturday.

It's just so sad and pathetic that everyone is programmed to want the NCAA to come and save them from the embarrassment of the last 3 years.

Know what would’ve stopped the embarrassment the last 3 years? Ohio St’s defense not being Swiss cheese. Also it would help if Day would look at the UM game as “The Game” instead of another game like John Cooper did. There’s been rumors floating around Columbus that during the game all of the coaches were passive. Either way, for 3 years now, UM was more physical and ran the ball down their throat.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Know what would’ve stopped the embarrassment the last 3 years? Ohio St’s defense not being Swiss cheese. Also it would help if Day would look at the UM game as “The Game” instead of another game like John Cooper did. There’s been rumors floating around Columbus that during the game all of the coaches were passive. Either way, for 3 years now, UM was more physical and ran the ball down their throat.

I think OSU under Day has a small case of the same thing that plagues Lincoln Riley teams. When you bring in so many offensive weapons (almost all from outside Ohio), the team is naturally going to evolve into a culture that is built around said out of state weapons, the coach can try and preach toughness in the trenches and the importance of the rivalry, but a coach can only do so much . And to be fair the goal of OSU teams is to compete for NC's, and in their eyes I think they feel like they need to have those type of players to compete with the SEC teams they see in the playoffs.

The difference between OSU and UM at the WR position is massive, and that is reasonable when you look at the recruiting rankings. The difference between the OSU and UM secondaries is not much at all, but OSU recruits a bit better for sure. The advantage UM has on OSU on the lines is as massive as OSU's is at WR, but OSU has actually recruited better than Michigan on both the Oline and Dline. That is not a good sign for Day and some of is position coaches, specifically Larry Johnson.

I do find it pretty crazy the difference in records for your coaches not born in Ohio.

16-2 for Tressel, Urban and Fickell
3-13-1 for Cooper and Day

I'm guessing that if Day loses The Game next year (barring some kind of championship run in the playoff) he will be gone and likely replaced by someone from Ohio, or at the very least an OSU alum.

Reactions: Voight and LT

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
You clammed up because it was all a nothing burger and the Big Ten ended their investigation. Nothing else is going to happen.

The most scathing indictment of how pointless this whole "scandal" was, was that Michigan won every game without Stallions, including the last game of the season, against the coach who turned them in for "cheating".
I've never seen someone have such a meltdown over what they call a "nothing burger". Carry on with your delusion though.

• Love
Reactions: PanthersPens62
Sep 19, 2008
The NCAA kissed Michigan's ass. End of story.
That's what was so funny. Everyone acted like it was a huge scandal like they did with deflategate and at the end of the day Michigan was docked 3 games without Harbaugh (he could still game plan just couldn't be on the sideline), won all 3 games, and blew out Iowa without sign stealing.

Most overblown thing ever.

"But they were caught cheating"

Apparently it was so insignificant that the Big Ten chose to levy a very light handed slap on the wrist.

That said, we'll see what happens with these boosters, "Uncle T" and Stallions, but it's repeatedly been shown Harbaugh "had no knowledge" of the incident, and those that participated in the scheme are no longer employed by the university.

I've never seen someone have such a meltdown over what they call a "nothing burger". Carry on with your delusion though.
Who's melting down? Michigan is #1.

I am a bit worried about Alabama though but they good.

• Haha
Reactions: DaaaaB's

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
That's what was so funny. Everyone acted like it was a huge scandal like they did with deflategate and at the end of the day Michigan was docked 3 games without Harbaugh (he could still game plan just couldn't be on the sideline), won all 3 games, and blew out Iowa without sign stealing.

Most overblown thing ever.

"But they were caught cheating"

Apparently it was so insignificant that the Big Ten chose to levy a very light handed slap on the wrist.

That said, we'll see what happens with these boosters, "Uncle T" and Stallions, but it's repeatedly been shown Harbaugh "had no knowledge" of the incident, and those that participated in the scheme are no longer employed by the university.

Who's melting down? Michigan is #1.

I am a bit worried about Alabama though but they good.
You've changed your tune a whole lot over this. Gone from complete denial to instead saying everyone is doing it to now celebrating getting caught for a nothing burger. You were outraged at the punishment, sure they'd win in court, and now saying it was a slap on the wrist.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
College football is corrupt and I’ve stopped caring about scandals like this. As long as it isn’t something like Paterno, who cares? College football is the Tammany Hall of the present day

Sep 19, 2008
all the narratives against Michigan lol

"they only won because they stole signs" - won every game after the sign stealing scandal, including 3 with their coach suspended

"they'd never win a game where Saban had a month to prepare" "Saban is 10-1 with a month to prepare, in bowl games." - beat Alabama in OT because of self inflicted Alabama penalties and plays

The sign stealing scandal as usual was highly blown out of proportion. Maybe in time we'll learn more about "Uncle T" and how he "purchased" this elaborate magical sign stealing scheme with Stallions, that amazingly nobody in Michigan had any knowledge or endorsement of...but untilt he NCAA comes to this conclusion in 5 years, keep hating on Michigan, national title participants

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1704213343884.png

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Reactions: DaveG

Ad