Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
It's was inspected. He is not ready. Lack of of speed, and stamina. He is better then last year. Let's see what he can do in AHL

Knackys

Jul 21, 2014
I love the kid and i'm confident he will be a solid player for MTL in the future but i think it's better for him to play 20 minutes in the AHL at this point in his career.

And i have no problem with DD in the lineup as long as he stay on the third line.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Would have love to see him stay here but at this point, it's the right decision. It's a combination of not wanting to lose Ghetto for nothing and McCarron still have to work on his balance issues and overall game. Could easily be the first callup. There is no rush to have him at this point. Fine decision.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And i have no problem with DD in the lineup as long as he stay on the third line.

Was there a year when DD was relegated to the third line and stayed there? How could this even be envisaged as a possibility?

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Was there a year when DD was relegated to the third line and stayed there? How could this even be envisaged as a possibility?

I hear ya but that other side of the argument is Plekanec is locked in as a top 6 C and now Galchenyuk has an actual resume at C. Before it was just a lot of promise and potential. Now they can't really deny the fact that he belongs as a top 6 C because he's shown it. Last year they were able to get away with saying they weren't sure he was ready. I don't think you could get away with that now.

Only chance DD has of moving up in the lineup now is injury or as a winger if Letkonen or Radulov doesn't pan out. Even so, I don't see it as being likely...though I understand your paranoia

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
I absolutely want him to make the team this year. It's time to give some of our young guys a chance. Hope he takes advantage of the situation.

the problem is our coach does not have a good record when it comes to "grooming" rookies/young guys

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I think he played well enough to earn a spot, but I don't think he is ready today to be a day to day 3rd line C. So I guess it comes down to will he learn more as 1C in the AHL or playing 4th line C/RW on the habs. Question his conditioning a bit as he often looked gassed. Playing a lot in the AHL should get him up to speed and have him ready by December.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Good choice, i didnt think he was ready. Let him go down and play big minutes as a 1C so he can work on his stamina.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Played well enough to earn a spot, but I rather have him playing top line minute in the AHL, grown his game at both end of the ice building his confidance, than wasting away on the Bench in the NHL. Maybe he make the jump later this year, worst cases he step in next year.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Don't worry McCarron supporters(I am one as well) there are those that will inform you that DD is only taking his spot until he is truly ready but yet we are keeping a young guy to play D but thankfully for him, Cube has already retired.:laugh:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
If his name was Michel Melanson instead of Mike McCarron he'd be signed at 4.5 million per already.

Poor McCarron, he deserved to make this team over the dwarf.

Cmon dude, he really doesnt. Let's try to give unbiased opinions once in a while.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Glad they sent McCarron down. He's the type of player that can only benefit from developing more in the AHL. He has proven that he has drastically improved, but indeed still has many things to work on. Loving this prospect more and more.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Better for him to go down, he's definitely not ready to be in the nhl at center. He needs to fill out and get stronger lower body, he's still constantly faling down.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
No rush with.big mac. He had by far the worst post draft season for a 1st rounder in the last decade. We gave him time and he worked on improving. Clearly challenges and adversity dont break his confidence. Let him think he has to do more to make it to the NHL and he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad