Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Not surprising. I'm ok with this. Would love to see him up with us for the end of the season and playoffs.

Let's see him produce in the A and develop consistency.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
He's in the 2nd year of his contract, so he's safe regardless. From my understanding anyways.

Oh... please, keep him on the right wing.

I think his skill set is more of a center than a winger where as Scherbak has the skill set of a winger. For McCarron, I think he'll be NHL ready sooner as a winger because as a center he'll need to improve his defensive play and his faceoffs on top off what he would need to improve as a winger already.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He should be here, this team needs a little jam and he had a good camp. This team will not part with DD to make room for a center , no matter what. The love affair for 51 is sickening.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think his skill set is more of a center than a winger where as Scherbak has the skill set of a winger. For McCarron, I think he'll be NHL ready sooner as a winger because as a center he'll need to improve his defensive play and his faceoffs on top off what he would need to improve as a winger already.

A lot of folks think he is a better bet for 3C as he can keep his big frame in motion at center.
The accelaration is not there for the stops and starts on the wing.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
While I wanted him to make the team this year, there is no downside to him playing 20 minutes a night in the A. He'll be back with the big boys in the playoffs.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Honestly I'm happy they send him down. Playing top line minutes in St.John is better for his development (especially offense) than playing 4th line/13th forward minutes in Montreal. He'll earn a call-up at some point no doubt, but at least let him refine his offensive game first.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Good decision. He's not ready yet (he's close though) and the Habs aren't in a position where they to need to rush him. He's looked fantastic against weaker opposition in the off-season and has struggled against nhlers. He isn't far from making it. Would like to see him work a little more on his skating. He's great when in stride, struggles when he has to start and stop.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He's the easy guy to send down so no real surprise there. He really managed to solidify his position in the depth chart, he can go to St-John with his head held high. He'll be back before too long.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He will be a force for years to come in Montreal. A bit more seasoning is not a bad thing

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Agree with this move. He will be a full-time player next season. He is my first call up though.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Agree with this move. He will be a full-time player next season. He is my first call up though.

100% agree.

Our 3rd line next year should be Carr-Shaw-McCarron. (Shaw and McCarron can be switch to C or RW)

barring any underperformance from DD or Carr, Mac would be my first call up to take the spot.

Mynameismark*

He should be here, this team needs a little jam and he had a good camp. This team will not part with DD to make room for a center , no matter what. The love affair for 51 is sickening.

I've been saying it for the past 3 years that he just doesnt fit this roster. He is so misplaced. He has caused numerous players to lose time developing at their proper positions...he takes up a spot that should be used on someone else. He's the biggest detriment to this team progressing, aside from the coaching staff in both the NHL and AHL.

This team is soft as warm butter right now.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't know guys, how do you look at Big Mac and say sorry ya gotta go down, and keep a midget like DD...........Big Mac had a great camp. We are still worried about the media, and keeping DD in the lineup just makes no sense to me...but hey, everyone has their .02 cents to put in the pot.

I pick Big Mac 100 times out of 100 times, after this camp...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I've been saying it for the past 3 years that he just doesnt fit this roster. He is so misplaced. He has caused numerous players to lose time developing at their proper positions...he takes up a spot that should be used on someone else. He's the biggest detriment to this team progressing, aside from the coaching staff in both the NHL and AHL.

This team is soft as warm butter right now.

You I and have very similar views on #51

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't know guys, how do you look at Big Mac and say sorry ya gotta go down, and keep a midget like DD...........Big Mac had a great camp. We are still worried about the media, and keeping DD in the lineup just makes no sense to me...but hey, everyone has their .02 cents to put in the pot.

I pick Big Mac 100 times out of 100 times, after this camp...

He did all he could. He came to camp lighter, much more physically fit. He worked hard to improve his quickness. He scored a few goals. Fought Matt Martin because Martin was hitting players without reprisal. He could not have done more. He should be on the big team taking a regular shift.

JAM 79

Oct 8, 2014
I think we need a smart defensive minded rw'er who can play more of a centre role, to have MAC switch over to Rw positioning while in play.

It worked for him in Junior, and we can use his excellent face off abilities to begin face offs, cause he's really good at them.

But he's going to be a jam player IMO. Definitely a guy who can be counted on in pressure situations in time.

Over time, he can learn more attributes to being a centreman. But he can already be a help now and should be in pinches. it only gets much better from here, as this is just the surface :yo:

I see our Ryan Walter, or Mike MacPhee... a role player who can elevate and bring us to the big time. :handclap:

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want

Agree with this statement 100% DD did absolutely nothing to hold a roster spot!

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Food for thought. DD and Emelin standing side by side. And McCarron is 5 inches taller than Emelin. Just having a bigger body on that line to lean on people especially with short players like Shaw and Byron in the bottom 6 makes a difference.

david-desharnais-3.jpg

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Food for thought. DD and Emelin standing side by side. And McCarron is 5 inches taller than Emelin. Just having a bigger body on that line to lean on people especially with short players like Shaw and Byron in the bottom 6 makes a difference.

david-desharnais-3.jpg

You might need to get your glasses checked there brother ;) . I get what you're saying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad