Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Like I always told, Big Mac is the kind of player that we should bring on privates practices with Dave Andreychuk, Ruslan Fedotenko Todd Bertuzzi. He could be an easy 20 goals, 45 pts player if do it. We the add of Weber, we'll need someone to take rebounds

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Like I always told, Big Mac is the kind of player that we should bring on privates practices with Dave Andreychuk, Ruslan Fedotenko Todd Bertuzzi. He could be an easy 20 goals, 45 pts player if do it. We the add of Weber, we'll need someone to take rebounds

One of these players is not like the others :laugh:

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I must add:

-As a 1sr liner, Fedotenko has always ajusted his game for skilled player without having so much himself

-Andreychuk is the all time master of puck deflection.

-Bertuzzi is pretty much the best case scenario that Big Mac could turn in

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Having been the Baby Habs Captain is a big responsibility, Mike is handling his role like the Pro he's become, much as A.Galchenyuk has grown into the mature leader the Habs envisioned in 2012 when he was drafted. The Habs/Baby Habs are as a whole team/system playing with the same goals of becoming the best team on the ice wherever they are playing. I'm expecting our teams will both be in the playoffs, from that point anything can and will happen, championships are won by the team that plays best as a team. In Montreal success is determined by championships, the 2017 season also marks the 150th Canadian Anniversary, a great year to win our Stanley Cup and bring It home to Montreal, Quebec, Canada!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For what it's worth, Big Mac was at the golf tournament today with the main team and not on the ice practicing with the other rookies/prospects.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
For what it's worth, Big Mac was at the golf tournament today with the main team and not on the ice practicing with the other rookies/prospects.

Hopefully he's MTL 3rd line center this season if he's ready for it....and put DD on the 4th line.

Carr/Lehkonen-McCarron-Andrighetto

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hopefully he's MTL 3rd line center this season if he's ready for it....and put DD on the 4th line.

Carr/Lehkonen-McCarron-Andrighetto

Or put DD on waivers, if he gets picked up, you save 3.5M and get him off your roster. If he clears waivers, send him to AHL, save 925,000 on your cap and get him off your roster.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If Mac has improved quickness and skating it will be interesting how he forces Bergevin's hand...

bloudy

Feb 12, 2015
East Vancouver
As a lifelong Habs fan that has watched the team reach this level of maturity, depth, alongside a great core group. I believe the team needs to bring in some of the youth now, helping ease the salary cap restraints for next season, also viewing some more of McCarron, JDLR, Hudon, this season. Still time for them next season, unless they force the Habs to bring them up with great playing. Otherwise playing Andrighetto, Danault & Matteau, this season makes more sense, giving them the opportunities to make or break their careers in Montreal this year.

McCarron if he continues in the same vein he's showed so far in his career, I expect him to dominate the AHL this season, becoming the PWF Timmins, Bergevin & many others of us seen in him 3 short yrs. ago. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see McCarron, Matteau, JDLR, Lehkonen, possibly Friberg & Hudon force the Habs brass to give them roles in the lineup, possibly roster roles. Which in turn may create a trade with Colorado for center Matt Duchene, the speedster whose rumored to be available, certainly would be a valuable player in the playoffs later this season. As I pointed out bringing up young prospects eases the salary cap restraints, which would make room for both Duchene & Radulov for next season, IMHO!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

I agree that this will be totally needed going forward, I'm just praying our youth can fulfill the needs. I am really worried now Eller is gone - he leaves a gap in the D zone I feel it is essential for someone like Mac to replace.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I agree that this will be totally needed going forward, I'm just praying our youth can fulfill the needs. I am really worried now Eller is gone - he leaves a gap in the D zone I feel it is essential for someone like Mac to replace.
Every team evolves. Take it as it comes. McCarron is unlikely to become a defensive stalwart. On the other hand, he may become a 20-goal scorer (something the Habs will need as soon as possible).

The Habs will have one 1st rounder and three 2nd round picks in the 2017 draft (two from the Eller trade). In time perhaps one or two will play in the NHL. They may prove to be better defensively than offensively, or vice versa. Who knows?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Every team evolves. Take it as it comes. McCarron is unlikely to become a defensive stalwart. On the other hand, he may become a 20-goal scorer (something the Habs will need as soon as possible).

The Habs will have one 1st rounder and three 2nd round picks in the 2017 draft (two from the Eller trade). In time perhaps one or two will play in the NHL. They may prove to be better defensively than offensively, or vice versa. Who knows?

It's not that unlikely. He shut down Strome and Draisaitl in the Memorial Cup. That was pretty much his role with Oshawa. MM's pretty solid defensively.

Besides the stamina and leg strength there's very little weaknesses in his game. he's very solid all around.

I really think he should stay down in the AHL for at least another year though. I think he can still round out his game and gain some more offensive confidence on the farm.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Yeah Mac is good at covering the passing lanes, getting in the shooting lane and getting the puck back while he's backchecking by sneaking behind the guy and stick lifting him.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
It's not that unlikely. He shut down Strome and Draisaitl in the Memorial Cup. That was pretty much his role with Oshawa. MM's pretty solid defensively.

Besides the stamina and leg strength there's very little weaknesses in his game. he's very solid all around.

I really think he should stay down in the AHL for at least another year though. I think he can still round out his game and gain some more offensive confidence on the farm.

His line made McDavid seem useless in the Otter's series that year. Was at a game and it was crazy how well Oshawa was playing.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
His line made McDavid seem useless in the Otter's series that year. Was at a game and it was crazy how well Oshawa was playing.

I didn't watch but I heard that Dal Colle got the McDavid assignment. But I think I remember also that they switched it up too. Great to hear.

McCarron's a pretty heady player. Can't wait for him to make the jump.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Big Mac said in an interview that he realised that he was a "big slug" (his words) when he didn't hustle and move his feet, so he worked on that this summer, keeping his feet active.

The guy gets it. Totally self-aware and willing to improve. Sounds like a winner to me.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Big Mac said in an interview that he realised that he was a "big slug" (his words) when he didn't hustle and move his feet, so he worked on that this summer, keeping his feet active.

The guy gets it. Totally self-aware and willing to improve. Sounds like a winner to me.
Skating is THE difference between an NHLer and non-NHLer. Glad he's working on it.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

The comments are good... but he's given those same comments in every training camp since being drafted.

- I worked on my conditioning. I worked on my skating. Both really needed to be improved and this is the best they've been.

He's clearly aware what he needs to do. I'm not sure what his off-season trainers are doing with him. Perhaps he should change whoever he's working with, cause he knows what he needs. He says he trains all year, and by january he's gassed. Hopefully he had someone different this summer than the last two summers and he can maintain that cardio all year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The comments are good... but he's given those same comments in every training camp since being drafted.

- I worked on my conditioning. I worked on my skating. Both really needed to be improved and this is the best they've been.

He's clearly aware what he needs to do. I'm not sure what his off-season trainers are doing with him. Perhaps he should change whoever he's working with, cause he knows what he needs. He says he trains all year, and by january he's gassed. Hopefully he had someone different this summer than the last two summers and he can maintain that cardio all year.

yeah you keep saying that but I see a marked difference each year. You can still see that he can improve in that area in the next few years but that's what's so great about him. He's got tons of room to improve and he's still a very solid player.

He's gonna be a beast in a few years.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

He's gassed by January? What in the blue hell are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad