Online Series: Michael Keaton is joining the cast Batgirl movie...may never be released

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
Ah yes, imaginary 2014 numbers exposed, best not to go any further.
Enjoy your "best-selling" Batgirl film in the bowels of the internet.
Lol wut

I can’t find the specific numbers, but the first few runs of the Burnside books were a huge success. Weird hill to die on.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Lol wut

I can’t find the specific numbers, but the first few runs of the Burnside books were a huge success. Weird hill to die on.
I'm sure they were, setting up tremendous excitement for this upcoming movie.

No one other than poor Brendan Fraser's career is dying on any hills.
Just like nobody is paying $ or spending HBO Max time to watch one of "the most popular comic book characters of all time" in 2022.

Walkingthroughforest

Aug 19, 2007
I'm sure they were, setting up tremendous excitement for this upcoming movie.

No one other than poor Brendan Fraser's career is dying on any hills.
Just like nobody is paying $ or spending HBO Max time to watch one of "the most popular comic book characters of all time" in 2022.
Are you having a stroke? Serious question.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Reports out of Glasgow are suggesting the production company did not pay the city to use certain parts of the city. Price mention starts at 150k

If reditt is to be believed (they had this almost a month ago) the budget was spent in the talent and not on the screen

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

First domino of the Discovery/HBO Max merging

Odd choice though I guess that is one of Discoveries biggest jewels in its streaming platform

I still think it's stupid the idea of eventually having one streaming service with content of both

HBO Brand is stronger so idea of folding it into Discovery crap is poor idea IMO if that is ultimate plan

They should just move all the Discovery stuff to HBO Max IMO but even then, the audiences for both services are vastly different IMO and killing HBO Max content is going to push away a good # of people who enjoyed that content

Just keep both services and offer bundles for subscribers who are interested

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Some of the shows to come to HBO Max from Magnolia according to Deadline
beginning Friday, September 30, Magnolia Network’s slate, including Fixer Upper: Welcome Home, Magnolia Table with Joanna Gaines, The Lost Kitchen, Growing Floret, Family Dinner with Andrew Zimmern, Restoration Road with Clint Harp, Maine Cabin Masters and the complete five-season Fixer Upper library, among others, will be part of a new spotlight page for the network on the streamer.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
f*** those fake pretentious “renovators”.

Also how the hell does Morbius get TWO screenings but Batgirl doesn’t even get one? No justice, I tells ya.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Odd choice though I guess that is one of Discoveries biggest jewels in its streaming platform

I still think it's stupid the idea of eventually having one streaming service with content of both

HBO Brand is stronger so idea of folding it into Discovery crap is poor idea IMO if that is ultimate plan

They should just move all the Discovery stuff to HBO Max IMO but even then, the audiences for both services are vastly different IMO and killing HBO Max content is going to push away a good # of people who enjoyed that content

Which would really be a shame, for non original content HBO Max easily has the best selection.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011

I think HBO Max will more prominently feature "channels" (albeit streamlined) in the future. They are there in the "hub" now but a little buried. So I think they would still have HBO / DC / TCM / Discovery? / etc (hopefully not branded entirely as Magnolia) They might need to more clearly partition features and TV. The app overall could use some rethinking anyway.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Lol wut

His point that a Batgirl movie probably wouldn’t have drawn much box office attention still stands. Boys and man-boys in there 30’s don’t don’t want to see a Batgirl movie in droves like they do the more popular super heroes.

I also disagree that she’s one of the most popular super heroes. Sources needed

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't care too much about the movies getting canned or Max's original content getting trimmed down. I hope they don't touch their library though - HBOMax has a legit terrific selection of classic movies that are hard to find elsewhere.

Walkingthroughforest

Aug 19, 2007
His point that a Batgirl movie probably wouldn’t have drawn much box office attention still stands. Boys and man-boys in there 30’s don’t don’t want to see a Batgirl movie in droves like they do the more popular super heroes.

I also disagree that she’s one of the most popular super heroes. Sources needed

Since the series relaunch in September 2011, Batgirl has remained within the top 30 of the 300 best-selling monthly comic book publications sold in North America. Monthly estimated sales figures are as follows: Batgirl #1 with 81,489 copies (ranked 12th overall),[52] Batgirl #2 with 75,227 (ranked 14th),[53] Batgirl #3 with 62,974 (ranked 18th),[54] Batgirl #4 with 53,975 (ranked 23rd),[55] Batgirl #5 with 51,327 (ranked 26th),[56] and Batgirl #6 with 47,836 (ranked 30th).[57] The hardcover edition of volume 1, Batgirl: The Darkest Reflection, which collects issues #1–6, made The New York Times Best Seller list, alongside Animal Man: The Hunt, Batman & Robin: Born to Kill, Batman: Detective Comics, Wonder Woman: Blood, Batwoman: Hydrology, Green Lantern: Sinestro.[58]

Here's your source

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Since the series relaunch in September 2011, Batgirl has remained within the top 30 of the 300 best-selling monthly comic book publications sold in North America. Monthly estimated sales figures are as follows: Batgirl #1 with 81,489 copies (ranked 12th overall),[52] Batgirl #2 with 75,227 (ranked 14th),[53] Batgirl #3 with 62,974 (ranked 18th),[54] Batgirl #4 with 53,975 (ranked 23rd),[55] Batgirl #5 with 51,327 (ranked 26th),[56] and Batgirl #6 with 47,836 (ranked 30th).[57] The hardcover edition of volume 1, Batgirl: The Darkest Reflection, which collects issues #1–6, made The New York Times Best Seller list, alongside Animal Man: The Hunt, Batman & Robin: Born to Kill, Batman: Detective Comics, Wonder Woman: Blood, Batwoman: Hydrology, Green Lantern: Sinestro.[58]

Here's your source
And that makes her one of the most popular super heroes?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
In a world where we have a Melissa McCarthy lead Ghost busters that nobody asked for or gave a f*** about.

It truly makes yoy wonder how big of a piece of shit this had to be to get cancelled?

The people involved must have done a truly awful job for them to take a bat girl movie that would have made millions because It's in the batman universe and the batman universe is proven money maker, and piss it away.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
In a world where we have a Melissa McCarthy lead Ghost busters that nobody asked for or gave a f*** about.

It truly makes yoy wonder how big of a piece of shit this had to be to get cancelled?

The people involved must have done a truly awful job for them to take a bat girl movie that would have made millions because It's in the batman universe and the batman universe is proven money maker, and piss it away.
Conflicting reports on the quality of the film. Let's call it average. I think the fact that a few minutes of Michael Keaton returning as Batman is/was the primary draw is the real issue.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Conflicting reports on the quality of the film. Let's call it average. I think the fact that a few minutes of Michael Keaton returning as Batman is/was the primary draw is the real issue.

We don't need reports to know how bad this is.

The Room exists

Battlefield Earth exists

Melissa McCarthy lead ghost busters exists

Hollywood makes shit every day.

They are making several pices of shit right that we don't even know about yet.

But this was the line THIS was the line they would not cross.

It must be shockingly awful

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
We don't need reports to know how bad this is.

The Room exists

Battlefield Earth exists

Melissa McCarthy lead ghost busters exists

Hollywood makes shit every day.

They are making several pices of shit right that we don't even know about yet.

But this was the line THIS was the line they would not cross.

It must be shockingly awful
Yes, the amount of dreck coming out of Hollywood knows no bounds.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad