Recalled/Assigned: Michael Dal Colle recalled

BARzalDOWN

Apr 20, 2007
Why is everyone so critical of the kid? To me, I don’t think he’s looked all that terrible. He’s played a very conservative game because that’s all he’s capable of right now. He’s shown good decision making, has shown decent board work, and hasn’t been a defensive liability. On a team where that is been a huge problem, it’s good to see he’s not a high risk play out there.

I agree, he’s clearly not ready and will be sent back down when Ladd comes back, but people act like a decision needs to be made on him right away. We’ve already spent the pick on him, can’t change it, so let him go back down and develop. Maybe he plays a few games here and realizes that he needs to get his speed up and comes back next year with another gear. Count me as someone who thinks the isles could use a player like that

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
i see some potential as a physical forward who can chip in some goals...sorta drunk version of anders lee. he needs work on skating and thinking the game, but those may come in time. the effort was there tho.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Another 2-4 years of development for a top 5 draft pick? How the hell did he rank that high to begin with? It was clear from day 1 he wasnt NHL ready and yet we drafted him for the "Character' aspect. Another brilliant Garth Snow move!
It's been said 100 times, but Dal Colle was not drafted off the board. Suggesting Snow went against the mainstream opinion because he liked Dal Colle's character is not true. He was probably one of the most consensus #5 picks in recent memory.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
had his best game tonight, and seems to be adjusting relatively well. keeps his game simple, doesn't make a lot of errors. is better skater and stronger than i thought.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Bust city.
In his defense, with guys built like MDC you almost have to wait until they're 24-25 before they're done developing. I was not in favor of drafting him, but at this point the best asset management with him is probably letting him marinate and keep getting stronger.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
He is not a minus in the four games up so that it is a bit plus for a new player. He has played very consertively and maybe too unselfish so far. I noticed today he went to front of the opposing net but no one spot him and pass the puck his way. He need to be more selfish and start to shoot the puck more from any angles. He definitely can use more skating lessons as well. I do notic the improvement of board play and back checking in his game. In junior, his focus was entirely offensive and when he played with goal scorers he can set them up for one timer.

He needs to play with forwards who can either shoot well or likes to set up others. He does have good hands but need to be more confident in his abilities and work extremely hard off season to get faster like Horvat and Boesser did (those guys worked hard to get faster).

Koobs11

aka Back door Johnny
Feb 4, 2007
Adirondacks
As everyone has mentioned already, he's young and is playing a conservative game right now to get his feet under him. Its an adjustment period for MDC. Its a terrible time to have him up developing with the losses to the line up, as fans we want to see action, especially when our surging offense seems to be dwindling and tiring out. My expectation level for MDC is a 3rd or 4th line LW. I wouldn't mind seeing once we have a full and healthy roster again, Chimera sit and MDC play the 4th line LW. Two veteran players and physical style may help his defensive play and physical play develop more with confidence. MDC has a shot and we all know Cizikas can play 3rd line Center and can and does create offense. MDC-Cizikas-Clutterbuck wouldn't be a bad line to watch and see if some chemistry forms and contributes to offense.

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
As everyone has mentioned already, he's young and is playing a conservative game right now to get his feet under him. Its an adjustment period for MDC. Its a terrible time to have him up developing with the losses to the line up, as fans we want to see action, especially when our surging offense seems to be dwindling and tiring out. My expectation level for MDC is a 3rd or 4th line LW. I wouldn't mind seeing once we have a full and healthy roster again, Chimera sit and MDC play the 4th line LW. Two veteran players and physical style may help his defensive play and physical play develop more with confidence. MDC has a shot and we all know Cizikas can play 3rd line Center and can and does create offense. MDC-Cizikas-Clutterbuck wouldn't be a bad line to watch and see if some chemistry forms and contributes to offense.

i was thinking the same thing.... i don't like him with nelson at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad