Recalled/Assigned: Michael Dal Colle recalled

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Hard to judge when he's playing with the black hole that is Brock Nelson.

See AB...

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Dal Colle doesn't have a single shot through three games in the NHL. For a guy who is known as a shooter, that's a problem. I understand he needs someone to set him up, but that's part of why I'm pointing it out.

Reactions: FourRings

Isles1966

Oct 14, 2017
He most certainly had to play with a smart creative offensive linemate in junior to produce.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Dal Colle doesn't have a single shot through three games in the NHL. For a guy who is known as a shooter, that's a problem. I understand he needs someone to set him up, but that's part of why I'm pointing it out.
I think yesterday's game is very representative of Dal Colle after 3 games. If we look closely at the statistics, we notice that there are zeros everywhere: no check, no shots on goal, no turnovers (that's good!), but no takeaway either, nothing! It's a good thing to not make mistake, but for a player who is supposedly talented, it would be normal for him to take some risks and show his offensive potential/instinct. His game currently, has absolutely no interest. And we wonder what he can really bring.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Dal Colle created a lot of offense coming off the boards in junior.

What I've seen at the NHL level is that he a.) does not have the strength to win a board/puck battle and then protect the puck from the opposition and b.) does not have the speed to create separation from the opposition coming off the wall should he win a board/puck battle. So in other words, he's not ready.

I think it was ECK who posted an article regarding age groups in the AHL. It somewhat implies there is still development that can be done until the 24-25 year old age. I think this applies directly to Dal Colle, who still looks like he needs 2-4 years of strength and speed development, but those strides may also never come.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
He's been playing an extra super conservative game. Understandable as it's his first 3 games and he doesn't want to make any mistakes, but at some point he's got to open things up a bit and try to make things happen.

Hopefully he's just getting familiar/comfortable.

Reactions: bigtim1988

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
geez its like watching the paint dry waiting for this kid. Three games and I believe zero shots on goal? huh? Where is this big shot we have heard about for years??? Vinny from queens would atleast rip a shot or two and attempt some bone crushing hits... He is probably a nice kid and it would be a good story but lets call a spade a spade here...

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I think yesterday's game is very representative of Dal Colle after 3 games. If we look closely at the statistics, we notice that there are zeros everywhere: no check, no shots on goal, no turnovers (that's good!), but no takeaway either, nothing! It's a good thing to not make mistake, but for a player who is supposedly talented, it would be normal for him to take some risks and show his offensive potential/instinct. His game currently, has absolutely no interest. And we wonder what he can really bring.

He sadly shows up very Kvasha like in the statsheet... at least Aho will have a giveway or two

Reactions: bigtim1988

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
He’s still developing.

Developing into what? A decent AHL player?

MDC has been completely invisible his first few games. For a defenseman that would be fine, but for a guy who's supposed to be an offensive forward, that's horrible. Absolute zeros on his stat line so far - Not even a shot. I'm all for patience, but there are markers along the way that usually indicate if a player is going to make it in the NHL and Dal Colle isn't hitting them.

I still weep that snow didn't draft Nylander or Ehlers that draft, but he's basically blown most all of his top 10 picks so not surprising. Just surprising that anyone still wants him to be GM after all that.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I'm still hopeful on Dal Colle. He still looks scared to death out there, afraid to make a mistake - he does not look comfortable. What I like about him is his size and smarts. He's filled out since he was drafted, his skating is better (i.e. stronger on his skates and more effective along the wall) but no quickness at all. He's also really smart in making safe plays, the complete opposite of JHS for example.

From what I've read about him in the AHL, he feet aren't quick enough to get to places where he can use his shot, that's emphasized in the NHL, in his first few games.

He seems like a player who needs to play with offensive players (like Anders Lee) to be effective. I think he has really good hockey sense and vision (potentially) but very much a deer-in-the-headlights in his first week or two.

Ho-Sang is the complete opposite, plays like he's in junior and his head coach called in sick, and has a supply-teacher-coach. "I'm going to skate through everyone and it's going to be a sick goal - everyone will tweet how awesome I am"

Dal Colle is a completely different player/person - though that isn't necessarily a recipe for success. Time will tell.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'd swap him and Tito and see what happens. He might do well with the space Barzal creates. I wouldn't give it too much time as Tito/Barzal have been looking good together but I'd give it a small shot. If it doesn't work, sie la vie.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I'd swap him and Tito and see what happens. He might do well with the space Barzal creates. I wouldn't give it too much time as Tito/Barzal have been looking good together but I'd give it a small shot. If it doesn't work, sie la vie.
What a bad decision! Why would you do such a thing? To please Dal Colle? Dal Colle should be in the American league, he is obviously not ready. And Beauvillier is going so well now with Barzal and Eberle, that there is no logical excuse for doing that. Especially since we saw what was Beauvillier with Nelson, it was not worth the shit!

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I like MDC. He helps me with concentration since I have the attention span of a Nat. I have to pay attention to every player that steps on the ice or I won't notice him at all. Seriously, I have to look for his number all the time..other players, I can just see and tell who they are...him...I need to pay attention! Great mental exercise!

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Dal Colle created a lot of offense coming off the boards in junior.

What I've seen at the NHL level is that he a.) does not have the strength to win a board/puck battle and then protect the puck from the opposition and b.) does not have the speed to create separation from the opposition coming off the wall should he win a board/puck battle. So in other words, he's not ready.

I think it was ECK who posted an article regarding age groups in the AHL. It somewhat implies there is still development that can be done until the 24-25 year old age. I think this applies directly to Dal Colle, who still looks like he needs 2-4 years of strength and speed development, but those strides may also never come.

Another 2-4 years of development for a top 5 draft pick? How the hell did he rank that high to begin with? It was clear from day 1 he wasnt NHL ready and yet we drafted him for the "Character' aspect. Another brilliant Garth Snow move!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad