Recalled/Assigned: Michael Dal Colle recalled

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
People keep saying to put Dal Colle in Baileys spot, but Dal Colle is a left wing. I don’t think putting a rookie on his off wing, with all of two games NHL experience, will benefit this team.

Reactions: IODCPiper

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Then put Lee on the offwing....right now..Lee is a bit invisible too.

Shake things up a bit. It's good to get our players used to change every so often.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
It really makes you think just exactly what the scouts were seeing in this guy. Not just the Islanders, but everybody. The skating did not look good whatsoever.

To end on a positive note, he made smart plays, but will smart plays and a nice shot be enough to live up to the hype?
It's really goofy. I can't get over how much of a consensus there was about him at #5. Look at this scout quote on him: 2014 NHL First Round Mock Draft

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I don’t think it matters. Tavares possesses the puck the majority of the time and he isn’t fast.

Have to disagree.

You can see they have struggled without Bailey.

I agree Quine is not the answer - I'd try Prince in that spot or call up Ho-Sang.

Hell, if they made a trade for a C, since Cizikas won't be back until the end of January- you can always move Nelson in that spot.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Have to disagree.

You can see they have struggled without Bailey.

I agree Quine is not the answer - I'd try Prince in that spot or call up Ho-Sang.

Hell, if they made a trade for a C, since Cizikas won't be back until the end of January- you can always move Nelson in that spot.
JHS should be in that spot, but it’s obvious that the team is trying to teach him a lesson. Playing with Nelson is just going ruin MDC; he needs to be playing with a real center and not a ghost.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Then put Lee on the offwing....right now..Lee is a bit invisible too.

Shake things up a bit. It's good to get our players used to change every so often.
This is what I don’t get. Lee can do his thing in front of the net from either position, and it’s not like he’s used as a puck carrier on that line where it would hinder his ability to receive and make passes.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Not impressed with his 2 games. Lost on the ice and very slow. Even when he doesn’t need to skate, he’s still slow, slow-motion slow. Big guy though.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Not impressed with his 2 games. Lost on the ice and very slow. Even when he doesn’t need to skate, he’s still slow, slow-motion slow. Big guy though.

In his first game, Anders Lee was directly responsible for two goals (he also scored a fluky goal on his first shot, which was awesome). Barzal took two consecutive brain-fart penalties in his first game. After having my expectations lowered as to how Dal Colle's development has gone, I'm pleased with two games of largely mistake-free hockey.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I personally don't have a problem with the way MDC plays..it's his quickness that's the issue for me. His first steps are slow. like REAL slow. Like a Pinto vs a Lambo

Reactions: D2Dpass

D2Dpass

Sep 30, 2008
I personally don't have a problem with the way MDC plays..it's his quickness that's the issue for me. His first steps are slow. like REAL slow. Like a Pinto vs a Lambo

He skates like he is wearing skates that are too small for his feet !

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
Dal Colle has shown at multiple levels of development it takes him some time to adjust. He hasn't been a horrid liability so far, I just wish he was playing with anyone but Nelson.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Isles have to use the Bertuzzi lesson here, it is going to be a long road before this guy breaks out... Bertuzzi took forever and a trade

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
It's apparent he is giving an honest effort but I feel like that will only get him so far. Sure he'll gain some confidence but I just don't see any thing that would indicate we have a guy with a unique skill set. He seems to be just a body out there, whose speed IMO is sub par.

Very small sample size and I'd love to see him succeed, it's just hard to imagine, especially considering he's not a guy who dominated the lower level competition.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Isles have to use the Bertuzzi lesson here, it is going to be a long road before this guy breaks out... Bertuzzi took forever and a trade

I'm all for patience, but I saw a lot more NHL upside than Dal Colle.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
like I said a few days ago, I dont see a difference between MDC and some 6th rounder called up from the AHL. I'm sure he is a nice kid but I just dont see that "unique" skill that makes him a top 6 or even a fast gritty bottom 6. Hope I'm wrong.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I thought he played well last night - good along the boards, better possession than the first couple of games. We need to give him some time. Does look a bit slow, but like someone else said, possession is also important. And we are yet to see his offensive abilities, which may be Weight telling him to play a simple game for now.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Send him to JT's skating coach this offseason. If he can work on his skating at the very minimum he has the size and will to be a third liner. He works on his skating it probably open him up to get his shot off as well.

That being said, I'd absolutely move him in the right deal

Reactions: beach

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Scout uses the word elusive. DalColle must’ve been a completely different player in juniors. It’s not just his skating, everything he does looks slow. He absolutely filled out though, looks big.
The thing is, he was "eluding" guys who are mostly now firemen, bartenders, etc.. He is two huge steps up the food chain now. BTW, one of the red flags for me in 2014 was that MDC's highlight videos were mostly him putting in open shots from the slot. Those aren't really NHL goals though since you might get one or two of those chances a year in the NHL.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The thing is, he was "eluding" guys who are mostly now firemen, bartenders, etc.. He is two huge steps up the food chain now. BTW, one of the red flags for me in 2014 was that MDC's highlight videos were mostly him putting in open shots from the slot. Those aren't really NHL goals though since you might get one or two of those chances a year in the NHL.

Unless you're playing against the Islanders four times a year.

Reactions: Stercrazy and MJF

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
MDC does not look like a top 10 pick for sure, seems like a 3rd round plugger type
It's still too early to judge, but Dal Colle looks more like a choice between the 4th and the 7th round than a top 5 pick! Frankly, I don't see much upside on him. Hope I'm wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad