SI

Feb 16, 2013
If Bailey and Ladd can't go -

Does Tito skate with 91 and 27

And Dal Colle with 13 and 7

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I like this. I’m hopeful.

Aho getting the regular recall terrifies me. I hope Boychuk isn’t out long term.

Reactions: IODCPiper

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

That's what I would do.

I like this. I’m hopeful.

Aho getting the regular recall terrifies me. I hope Boychuk isn’t out long term.

He was only sent down, along with Beauvillier, because of the break and management wanted them playing instead of sitting idle. Don't read too much into it.

Wish Ho-Sang was one of the call ups too. Just sit Quine and Prince forever.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

It would be interesting how he would slot in the lineup if he does play. It's one thing for him to fill in for someone in the bottom-6, it would be another if he was used in a top-6 scoring capacity with JT or Barzal.

I have some faint hope that he's a late bloomer and his game is more suited for the more structured NHL game rather than the AHL. He does have a really good release, an NHL goal or two could do wonders for his confidence too.

Best case scenario, he plays and he scores on a snipe that he buries from JT/Barzal. Gets send back down when Bailey/Ladd are healthy. Picks up his game in the AHL and starts producing at a higher rate. Inflate his trade value at least. We have Bellows tracking well too.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
That's what I would do.

He was only sent down, along with Beauvillier, because of the break and management wanted them playing instead of sitting idle. Don't read too much into it.

Wish Ho-Sang was one of the call ups too. Just sit Quine and Prince forever.

Beau and MdC are emerg recalls because it looks like Bailey and Ladd may not be able to go. Aho is a regular call up which makes me think Boychuk is definately not playing on Saturday.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Does this mean the Tanner Fritz experiment is over?

Who ?

Does this mean the Tanner Fritz experiment is over?

Tanner who ?

I am hopeful MDC will become a good NHL player. He deserves a shot . Hopefully it's not just meetings and more meetings. If nothing else he gets a little NHL $$$$$ for a few days . Let's support this kid and forget about Bridgeport . At least for a bit.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Apologize for the cynicism in advance. As one of the top scoring teams in the league who can't keep the puck out of our net and is wild soft....

What in the world does Dal Colle bring the table? Beauvillier was a wallflower on the roster and his skating/hustle is lightyears beyond MDC.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
MDC is going to take Prince's spot... Prince is the odd guy out I think, Fritz will be too, but we haven't really seen much of him.

Remember the team won't have one practice at all by the next game to even work MDC in

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Im guessing you were a big fan of his on draft night?

I was a big fan of his before draft night. I wanted him over Nylander Ehlers Ritchie. Stupid me.

I honestly thought he was going to be a perfect fit with the team. The player I saw in junior not only had a really good shot and scoring touch but also was an underrated playmaker with good skills. He’s also got a nice frame to him. I thought he would be the perfect compliment to Tavares or even now Barzal because of his ability to shoot.

One of the big knocks on him is the same as Griffin Reinhart. People question they’re desire and how bad they want it. That’s a growing theme with many prospects that end up as busts.

Dal Colle is still young but it’s not looking great for him. He hasn’t even been that great in the AHL. Doesn’t mean he won’t become a player but at this point I think it’s fair to doubt. I hope he can somehow find a spark and become the player we all hoped. Even if he becomes another Brock Nelson I guess you’d even take that. Big winger who can score 20 goals but really doesn’t give you much else. It’s better than nothing. I’m much Higher Bellows. Bellows shot is better than Dal Colles but Dal Colle May actually be more skilled. The one thing that really separates them is you can never question Bellows desire or heart.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Mckenzie on draft night said Dal Colle has a great shot and release. I wonder why his shot and release has not translated to the AHL.

He has been a bit unlucky this season, but one of the main issues for Dal Colle this season is that he is not generating as many as shots as he did last season.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
MDC is going to take Prince's spot... Prince is the odd guy out I think, Fritz will be too, but we haven't really seen much of him.

Remember the team won't have one practice at all by the next game to even work MDC in

Isles practice tomorrow afternoon. We will know for sure what the lines will be for Rangers game (we know Bailey will be out), and whether Laad and or Boychuk can play.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal

I can be wrong, and I didnt see last game, but I thought Weight was satisfied with Quine playing with JT and Lee. Why would he changed that? And Beau, according again to Weight, played his best game of the season playing with Barzal and Eberle. So why changed that either? If Bailey or Ladd are not available, I expect the top 6 to be the same. Dal Colle will probably take Tanner Fritz spot with Prince and Nelson. But it's true that a line of Dal Colle-Nelson-Prince looks ugly. I'm a little surprise by the recalled of Dal Colle BTW, not sure it's deserved with the stats he has.

Reactions: majormet

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
From Thompson's comments several weeks ago, it sounds like MDC has been working hard.
Even getting time on the PK.

I am glad he's getting rewarded for his hard work.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2