Mets/Yankees Thread

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Isles season is over and I was hoping to watch some baseball. This weather reminds me baseball season is too long.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
New leadership in the dugout for the Mets and they are doing things they didn't seem to be able to do last year...hussle, take the extra base, average defense....Hmmm who woulda thought an outside presence making things better-Isles smart keeping things EXACTLY the same :sarcasm:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Like the character the Mets have shown this year with the ability to come back from deficits. Would like to see the starters go deep into the games, the bullpen has been mostly good so far but not totally convinced either with the middle relief, waiting for the shoe to drop :D

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Hey guys, I'm a Sabres fan, but in baseball I'm a Mets fan, and I just wanted to swing by here and say they're looking awesome. Not much baseball talk on our forum.

Let's go Mets! Thanks for maybe giving me an actual legit good team to root for this year.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The Mets are doing all of the things that they've never done: getting timely two out hits, responding immediately to innings in which they've given up runs, aggressive/smart baserunning, taking advantage of other team's mistakes. It's awesome what cleaning house in the coaching offices can do.

All this while Cespedes is battling the flu and going 1-9 in the series with 6 K's and the starting pitching being average. Fun to watch the resiliency this team has.

Salt n' peppa!!

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Started doing my nails during the game. Literally, watching paint dry is more exciting than this offense.

My face is drink. Numb

Its brutal. I cant stand strikeouts. They literally get on base and wait for someone to hit a HR. Gross. Not the game I grew up watching and certainly not how i coach my HS team to do it. Can't strike out at this rate and be a successful team. Won't work.

Reactions: nycole

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Its brutal. I cant stand strikeouts. They literally get on base and wait for someone to hit a HR. Gross. Not the game I grew up watching and certainly not how i coach my HS team to do it. Can't strike out at this rate and be a successful team. Won't work.
Either they're striking out or hitting into the shift.

Between the Mets and Red Sox starting 9-1, the Yankees bats being a windmill, snowstorms and 80* weather, I'm convinced this April is bizarro world and everything will be back to normal in May. It's what I tell myself so I have some hope that Snow Will Go and we'll Lose Weight.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
New leadership in the dugout for the Mets and they are doing things they didn't seem to be able to do last year...hussle, take the extra base, average defense....Hmmm who woulda thought an outside presence making things better-Isles smart keeping things EXACTLY the same :sarcasm:

Nah. Mets really were decimated by injuries last year. It wasn't merely an excuse like it is with the Islanders. I'm sure the new manager is great and all, but being healthy, adding the Gonzales/Flores platoon, adding Frazier, Rosario maturing, and the health and depth of the pitching staff is night and day.

Jose Reyes led the Mets in at-bats last year. Rafael Montero started 18 times.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Injuries hurt the Mets, and Terry Collins wasn't that great of a manager.... but it was Kevin Long that really killed them with that atrocious approach he instilled. Everything was a HR, strikeout or caught on the warning track. No one could situational hit, bunt or move runners over. Terrible. Watch him do the same thing to Washington now.... just give it time. It's the exact reason he was canned from the Yankees.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Travis d'Arnaud possible season over with torn UCL. Sandy should wander across the diamond tonight and talk to the Fish about J. T. Realmuto

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Travis d'Arnaud possible season over with torn UCL. Sandy should wander across the diamond tonight and talk to the Fish about J. T. Realmuto
They needed to move on from d’Arnaud 2 years ago. He can’t hit, can’t throw, and is made of glass.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
d’arnaud is simply not good enough defensively to play that position and his hitting is nothing spectacular either. We will see now if Nido or Plawecki has it. Plawecki despite the good finish last year and solid spring training looks unimpressive so far to me. Bottom line is plenty of great teams have had awful offensive catchers so it’s not necessarily a necessity the Mets make any sort of move here

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
d’arnaud is simply not good enough defensively to play that position and his hitting is nothing spectacular either. We will see now if Nido or Plawecki has it. Plawecki despite the good finish last year and solid spring training looks unimpressive so far to me. Bottom line is plenty of great teams have had awful offensive catchers so it’s not necessarily a necessity the Mets make any sort of move here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad