Mets/Yankees Thread

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
and the fans are probably to blame for Harvey's demise, remember 2015 before the playoffs? Harvey was on a hard inning count because of the Tommy John and there was an outrage all over the sports and social media about Harvey possibly not being there for the playoffs, it was understandable from his point of view because no pitcher pitched as much coming off Tommy John, than in Game 5 45,000 fans (besides me) where chanting "We Want Harvey" and I have no doubt Harvey responded by forcing himself into the 9th, fast forward a few months Harvey comes out pitches weak and the fans are booing him out of the field, was his decline due to his injuries perhaps pushing himself to much? is it a psychological thing that he has tuned out NY and the fans and maybe he is needing a fresh start elsewhere? I wish I was not one of the few fans of the teams I am passionate about who seem to have the intelligence to see ahead...

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
and the fans are probably to blame for Harvey's demise, remember 2015 before the playoffs? Harvey was on a hard inning count because of the Tommy John and there was an outrage all over the sports and social media about Harvey possibly not being there for the playoffs, it was understandable from his point of view because no pitcher pitched as much coming off Tommy John, than in Game 5 45,000 fans (besides me) where chanting "We Want Harvey" and I have no doubt Harvey responded by forcing himself into the 9th, fast forward a few months Harvey comes out pitches weak and the fans are booing him out of the field, was his decline due to his injuries perhaps pushing himself to much? is it a psychological thing that he has tuned out NY and the fans and maybe he is needing a fresh start elsewhere? I wish I was not one of the few fans of the teams I am passionate about who seem to have the intelligence to see ahead...

So Tavares lost on purpose and now the fans are the reason Harvey ended up sucking? I like your thinking.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
yup. All I heard from my Stem fan friends was 9-9 and overrated LOL. Shhhhhhhh.

This Yankee team is pretty terrifying. When they get fully healthy and on a real roll, holy crap. They are so deep, the lineup has no holes. Torres is a player, so much poise and just silky smooth.

When they get that big time starter at the trade deadline, it's going to fun to watch in October.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
This Yankee team is pretty terrifying. When they get fully healthy and on a real roll, holy crap. They are so deep, the lineup has no holes. Torres is a player, so much poise and just silky smooth.

When they get that big time starter at the trade deadline, it's going to fun to watch in October.

I'm just worried one of the young hitters will be gone for that pitcher. I hope they land the right pitcher.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
NYY might win 140 games. It must be nice to be a franchise where nothing ever goes wrong. Every prospect is the real deal. And 20 homer minor leaguers become 50 homer guys.

Its nauseating.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Torres fielding is amazing. Like you said silky smooth. Looks like Roberto Alomar out there

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
NYY might win 140 games. It must be nice to be a franchise where nothing ever goes wrong. Every prospect is the real deal. And 20 homer minor leaguers become 50 homer guys.

Its nauseating.

That's 114-12 for the rest of the season. .900 baseball. It's just not going to happen. The Yankees will cool off and Boston will start looking like they did in early April. Eventually someone's going to start pitching inside and in a lineup all it takes is for two hitters to start slumping for the whole offense to slow down.

I don't think 115-120 wins is out of the question.

The only team I'm afraid of is Houston.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
That's 114-12 for the rest of the season. .900 baseball. It's just not going to happen. The Yankees will cool off and Boston will start looking like they did in early April. Eventually someone's going to start pitching inside and in a lineup all it takes is for two hitters to start slumping for the whole offense to slow down.

I don't think 115-120 wins is out of the question.

The only team I'm afraid of is Houston.

Yea im aware they probably wont win 140 games. I was being facetious.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006

Torres' AB last night was not a rookie at bat. 3-0 count and he gets a breaking ball and takes it for strike 1. Then he gets another breaking ball and holds his swings. That was impressive.

Reactions: PWJunior and SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Torres' AB last night was not a rookie at bat. 3-0 count and he gets a breaking ball and takes it for strike 1. Then he gets another breaking ball and holds his swings. That was impressive.

Was so impressive. How many 21 year old rookies would have been up there shaking and swing at every pitch? That was a huge at bat and really showed Torres talent and poise at the plate.

Reactions: IslesFanatic

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
yup. All I heard from my Stem fan friends was 9-9 and overrated LOL. Shhhhhhhh.

That would be noine and noine.....

As a very casual baseball fan now (I used to be hardcore back in the Mattingly & Winfield days), I find this current Yankees team to be a lot of fun to watch. CC is now a pitcher which is far more fun to watch than being a thrower. Reminds me a bit of Mussina, the way he can paint the corners. Very impressive. The issue I have is more towards the Yankees fans, rather than the team or players.

I'll say this with peace and love, but are many Yankees fans still assholes?

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
That would be noine and noine.....

As a very casual baseball fan now (I used to be hardcore back in the Mattingly & Winfield days), I find this current Yankees team to be a lot of fun to watch. CC is now a pitcher which is far more fun to watch than being a thrower. Reminds me a bit of Mussina, the way he can paint the corners. Very impressive. The issue I have is more towards the Yankees fans, rather than the team or players.

I'll say this with peace and love, but are many Yankees fans still *******s?

Either I've unfortunately built up a tolerance for them, they're still in hibernation, or many have actually become less of assholes. I'm going with option 2.

But give it time, it's only May.

After CC lost all that weight, he had no other choice but to become a pitcher. Many hard throwers do not become pitchers until it's too late.

Reactions: Bones45

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Either I've unfortunately built up a tolerance for them, they're still in hibernation, or many have actually become less of *******s. I'm going with option 2.

But give it time, it's only May.

After CC lost all that weight, he had no other choice but to become a pitcher. Many hard throwers do not become pitchers until it's too late.

I thought it was the quitting drinking. That never helps anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad