Melnyk rips Cooke

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
You've written a million words and all that you've said is you disagree with Melnyk's word about calling Cooke a dime a dozen player or should play in another league because Cooke has put up points like an NHLer. And we care why?

You are free to contact Melnyk yourself. We're not going to defend what Melnyk said, but we admire him as he's been a tremendous owner for us.

All we care about here is the health of our generational dman, we don't care about Cooke.

Fair enough. I can accept this.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Karlsson spoke to the media today and stood behind Melnyk.

He refuses to think Cooke intentionally cut him, but he does think Cooke was recklessly trying to knock him down/out.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

He refuses to think Cooke intentionally cut him, but he does think Cooke was recklessly trying to knock him down/out.

I did watch that interview and how gracious and careful Karlsson was.

I am truly puzzled at how so many have rushed to give Cooke some plausible deniability on this hit. The position of his hands and skate are so unnatural that it cannot be explained other than an attempt to mask a dangerous play.

I am furious and I am not even a Sens fan. The fact that this player can play in this league just enforces some of the complaints that the NHL is amateurish and inconsistent in it's enforcement of rules. Karlsson should be playing not this menace.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Which is exactly what happened.

Funny how Hall can get 2 games for a reckless play with no intent to injure....but Cooke gets nothing...

It's painfully obvious how the league bends over backwards to protect certain teams, while others are hung out to dry.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I am truly puzzled at how so many have rushed to give Cooke some plausible deniability on this hit. The position of his hands and skate are so unnatural that it cannot be explained other than an attempt to mask a dangerous play.

I am furious and I am not even a Sens fan. The fact that this player can play in this league just enforces some of the complaints that the NHL is amateurish and inconsistent in it's enforcement of rules. Karlsson should be playing not this menace.

People love a great story, and the media have been playing up Cooke to be a Lady Byng candidate for the past season. Even Shanahan and the NHL have been looking the other way with his dirty play to keep the story going.

Fact is, players and teams are way more media savvy nowadays. They know how to play the crowd and steer the lemmings off whichever cliff they choose.

jojacinto2

Jan 14, 2013

:clap:I'm not a Sens fan either,...but I'm just as frustrated and boggled as you,..about the behaviour of the "so-called" hockey media and hockey world regarding their obnoxious behaviour over this reckless cheap shot. The video makes the perpetraitor look as guilty as sin. At best,...it's an extremetly questionably pin. For all the "hockey experts?" and "hockey media"...to give Cooke the benefit of the doubt on this,...is bordering on insanity. I wonder what all these "all knowing hockey genius' will say,....when down the road,...the real truth finally comes out. The only way Cooke will be out of the league,...is if someone takes him out. :shakehead:help:

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
The Toronto media are slimy pathetic small people.

Landsberg, Simmons, Nailor, Hayes...No wonder Toronto fans are like they are, listening to these losers.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I love Melnyk. I hate the standard p.c. comments everyone has to give now a days and dont care who he rips.

Its refreshing to hear someone in the league say what they actually think for once.

interesting thread.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
How is the forensic investigation going?

Thanks for pointing out another one of the many times this Jackass has embarrassed the fanbase...

Try reading the thread from the beginning, it's quite interesting.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Try reading the thread from the beginning, it's quite interesting.

There is a significant timeline of events I would say where people went from "That's just lovable crazy Uncle Eugene" to "This guy is a moron." I didn't reply in this thread, but I was in that boat. "Eugene being Eugene." Hockey mecca. blow yourselves up, etc. Then people started to get sick of his yapper.

Of course there are people out there who wish Eugene would never open his trap, ever, I remember that.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I don't know about you guys, but I find it hilarious that Count Dracula is scouring through 5 years worth of threads to find some where people spoke favourably about Eugene.

I mean, there's reaching for straws and then there's just sad desperation.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hmmm.....there must've been a lot of deleted posts in this thread back in the day. I sure as hell don't remember being anywhere near level-headed when referring to Cooke in those days.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
FFS!!

Bump a thread to remind me of Melnyk AND Matt Cooke?!?!

Welp, my day is f***ing ruined. How about yours?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I don't know about you guys, but I find it hilarious that Count Dracula is scouring through 5 years worth of threads to find some where people spoke favourably about Eugene.

I mean, there's reaching for straws and then there's just sad desperation.
Easier that going through hundreds of hours of radio to find a sentence. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad