News Article: Melnyk: 'not selling the team — period'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Trump is much, much worse. And he’s actually dangerous, unlike Melnyk.

Dubble Ya wasn't dangerous though.

2 completely different scales... Melnyk would never make it to the level the other guy has... He wouldn't come close. So ... he's better .. at what?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Both of them are horrible examples of human beings so they have that in common?

and yet the horrible human being you refer to has donated millions of dollars to various charities over his lifetime and has spearheaded projects that have made a profound difference in people's lives....particularly children. All of that is in the public domain should you choose to go read it.

He isn't very savvy with the media and his joe fan personality gets the better of him and he says stupid shit but horrible human being....no I don't think so

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
and yet the horrible human being you refer to has donated millions of dollars to various charities over his lifetime and has spearheaded projects that have made a profound difference in people's lives....particularly children. All of that is in the public domain should you choose to go read it.

He isn't very savvy with the media and his joe fan personality gets the better of him and he says stupid **** but horrible human being....no I don't think so

I actually agree. Trump gets unfairly harsh bad rep.

Reactions: Mika Hoffmanijad

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I think the guy you're quoting was talking about Melnyk.

thatsthejoke.jpg

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't even like Melnyk, but judging from "fans" responses here ...I hope owns team.

FOREVER

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
For a guy who berates everyone around here for not going to games because of the owner, you sure have a weird way of trying to incentivise them to do so.

Oh yes, I berate people. Back to that.

I don't sell tickets and could give two bleeps if people go or not. Just calling it as I see it. You always give me far too much credit for trying to convince people. I don't, but not afraid to step on some people's toes if they sound like they are lacking . Not you, per se, because your comments weren't as below the belt as others but in general:

The amount hate, much of it misguided and childish, is absurd. People think I am on a high horse but , really, it is the so-called fans who are judge, jury and executioner to every little morsel that comes out of Melnyk's mouth are the true high horse crowd. Which makes me shudder. Hope these people don't parent or treat other humans in the same manner, with such a high microscopic level of intolerance and lack of forgiveness. I would love for someone to adjudicate these people in the same fashion and see how they like it. I certainly wouldn't. Make no mistake, they look down on me going to games more than the other way around.

Someone actually said they don't go because they fired Cyril Leeder. And another because they don't have enough scouts. I am not kidding. Those are the high horse crowd, not me. If they don't go because they cannot separate their feelings for the owner, from the players, well it speaks to their fandom. I am just the dumb fan that goes to games even though I guess I shouldn't according to many who either

A. compare the team as similar to going to the movies, just entertainment or

B. expect entertainment every time they go, even though it is live, unpredictable sporting event or

C. expect concessions and parking to be assimilar to other NHL cities and/or

D. expect the owner should spend to the Cap and lose millions to pledge commitment while fans wait on the sidelines

E. treat the NHL hockey club just like any other business model. Like your neighborhood Coin-o-Matic

F. want freebies.

People either can't read, or don't want to read, make things up etc...about the entire situation of his comments at the outdoor game. Exaggeration is the name of the game. Hypersensitivity and apathy rule around here.

So stay home people, stay home.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The amount hate, much of it misguided and childish, is absurd.

People either can't read, or don't want to read, make things up etc...

Exaggeration is the name of the game. Hypersensitivity and apathy rule around here.

so those few statements sum things up pretty well imo.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
They're actually both fantastic examples of human beings

I took my kids out for a walk in one of the trails in the Greenbelt today to feed the birds, and my daughter asked me how birds see us, human beings. My son replied "they probably call us Meat Giants" - his rationale was that in the eyes of birds, we are giants made of meat.

Both Trump and Melnyk are, indeed, meat giants.

Reactions: slamigo

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

He isn't very savvy with the media and his joe fan personality gets the better of him and he says stupid **** but horrible human being....no I don't think so

There plenty of people who worked with him at biovail and plenty of former and current Sens employees & players who would disagree with you.
I think "abusive" "drunk" and "asshole" are the most common terms I've heard.
some of that is also in the public domain.
I don't have a lot of time for people who treat others like shit.

Maybe I just have the misfortune of talking to the wrong people & there is a whole other world of people who know him that think highly of him - I don't know where they are in ottawa though.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Oh yes, I berate people. Back to that.

I don't sell tickets and could give two bleeps if people go or not. Just calling it as I see it. You always give me far too much credit for trying to convince people. I don't, but not afraid to step on some people's toes if they sound like they are lacking . Not you, per se, because your comments weren't as below the belt as others but in general:

The amount hate, much of it misguided and childish, is absurd. People think I am on a high horse but , really, it is the so-called fans who are judge, jury and executioner to every little morsel that comes out of Melnyk's mouth are the true high horse crowd. Which makes me shudder. Hope these people don't parent or treat other humans in the same manner, with such a high microscopic level of intolerance and lack of forgiveness. I would love for someone to adjudicate these people in the same fashion and see how they like it. I certainly wouldn't. Make no mistake, they look down on me going to games more than the other way around.

Someone actually said they don't go because they fired Cyril Leeder. And another because they don't have enough scouts. I am not kidding. Those are the high horse crowd, not me. If they don't go because they cannot separate their feelings for the owner, from the players, well it speaks to their fandom. I am just the dumb fan that goes to games even though I guess I shouldn't according to many who either

A. compare the team as similar to going to the movies, just entertainment or

B. expect entertainment every time they go, even though it is live, unpredictable sporting event or

C. expect concessions and parking to be assimilar to other NHL cities and/or

D. expect the owner should spend to the Cap and lose millions to pledge commitment while fans wait on the sidelines

E. treat the NHL hockey club just like any other business model. Like your neighborhood Coin-o-Matic

F. want freebies.

People either can't read, or don't want to read, make things up etc...about the entire situation of his comments at the outdoor game. Exaggeration is the name of the game. Hypersensitivity and apathy rule around here.

So stay home people, stay home.

Why are A through F unreasonable? At the end of the day the Senators are nothing but a business. If Melnyk's business model doesn't bring in as much revenue as it could, that is his fault for building a bad business. It isn't the fans fault for not showing up for what they see as a bad product.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Why are A through F unreasonable? At the end of the day the Senators are nothing but a business. If Melnyk's business model doesn't bring in as much revenue as it could, that is his fault for building a bad business. It isn't the fans fault for not showing up for what they see as a bad product.

I am not passionate about laundromats. I am not passionate about paint and hardware screws. I am not passionate about replacement air filters. I am not passionate about pumping gas in my car.

Please stop with the Sens being nothing but a business. Silly and simplistic. I suppose you scream and high five at the cash of Wal-Mart?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I am not passionate about laundromats. I am not passionate about paint and hardware screws. I am not passionate about replacement air filters. I am not passionate about pumping gas in my car.

Please stop with the Sens being nothing but a business. Silly and simplistic. I suppose you scream and high five at the cash of Wal-Mart?
Well, when something you are passionate about is being run like a dog turd, you should probably start to question it rather than staring down from the giant tower you're building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad